PDA

View Full Version : What are OM Commits/Recruits saying about the NOA?

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Surely our recruiting analyst are asking them about this. Any quotes out there from their current commits/recruits about the news?

jumbo
02-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Paul and Robbie won't. They have said multiple times that they never handle interviews as "homers" because "you lose kids trust that way"

RougeDawg
02-01-2016, 10:54 AM
I'd be willing to bet our recruiting guys have not asked about it we are too nice and nice guys finish last. If roles were reversed opposing recruiting guys would've already talked 75% of our commits into decommiting. When we look around for causes and reasons for our lack of recruiting, we need to also look within and how we rarely help ourselves, especially when someone puts is on a tee for us.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I'd be willing to bet our recruiting guys have not asked about it we are too nice and nice guys finish last. If roles were reversed opposing recruiting guys would've already talked 75% of our commits into decommiting. When we look around for causes and reasons for our lack of recruiting, we need to also look within and how we rarely help ourselves, especially when someone puts is on a tee for us.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RougeDawg again.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Surely our recruiting analyst are asking them about this. Any quotes out there from their current commits/recruits about the news?

Which ones...the ones that throw kids under a bus and side with dirty recruiters or the 50/50 guys that are marching to the company line?

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I don't think it's a matter of being nice or not. These guys ask about things that impact kids recruitment all the time... Did you like campus? Will distance be a factor in your decision? Is the pending probation and possible bowl ban at ole miss going to impact your decision?

See, all relevant to recruiting. If we aren't asking about major developments that could impact recruiting, I don't know why they'd even bother talking to them at all. Also, I don't blame OM recruiting media guys for asking similar questions. It's something that should effect decisions.

PassInterference
02-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Ole Miss getting a NOA is HUGE news. It is fair game and not unethical at all for a crootin reporter to ask a croot what they think of this news.

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Ole Miss getting a NOA is HUGE news. It is fair game and not unethical at all for a crootin reporter to ask a croot what they think of this news.

Exactly. Our guys should call Little and see if he'd entertain new offers now that this news broke.

Coach34
02-01-2016, 12:46 PM
exactly- its now part of their recruitment. Nothing unethical at all. Its called doing your job now

lawdawg
02-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Deontay Anderson, set to choose between UM, LSU, and Texas, said this after his visit this weekend, according to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=113983):

The weekend wasn't without controversy, however, following Friday's news that Ole Miss received a notice of allegations from the NCAA, charging the school with rules violations in football, women's basketball and track and field.

For Anderson, the news Friday and media attention in Oxford that followed throughout the weekend didn't derail the chances for the Rebels.

'It didn't affect me," Anderson said. "I talked to Coach Freeze about it. He said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn't shake me up,"

CadaverDawg
02-01-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's a matter of being nice or not. These guys ask about things that impact kids recruitment all the time... Did you like campus? Will distance be a factor in your decision? Is the pending probation and possible bowl ban at ole miss going to impact your decision?

See, all relevant to recruiting. If we aren't asking about major developments that could impact recruiting, I don't know why they'd even bother talking to them at all. Also, I don't blame OM recruiting media guys for asking similar questions. It's something that should effect decisions.

Why ask things like that to help our chances with a kid when we can be digging into what kind of pizza is their favorite and what their favorite color is?**

When it all boils down...we get what we deserve. In a perfect World, our admirable way of putting no pressure on these kids & not paying hundreds of thousands of dollars on kids, would be the winning solution. But it's not. So as a program and a fan base, we have to decide if we're willing to recruit the way you must recruit to win at a high level. I'm not saying we should....I'm just saying we have to decide. And if we aren't willing to do what it takes, let's start pushing funds to baseball & basketball and see if we can win a Championship in those sports.

HoopsDawg
02-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Nothing wrong with asking, "how does the possibility of sanctions at Ole Miss effect your thoughts about them?" That's a fair question and it should be asked over and over to Jeff Simmons.

And I can promise you, Yancy would be doing it to every one of our commits whether he put it in his story or not.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Deontay Anderson, set to choose between UM, LSU, and Texas, said this after his visit this weekend, according to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=113983):

Wow. Somebody (hell EVERYBODY) better hang on to that quote. Freeze is lying from behind the pulpit. That snake.

Reason2succeed
02-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Translation "I've already received my backpack full of cash. I'm going to go ahead and roll the dice with the place where they will pay me and lay me in order to play me and then bail out when they get hit. If they get busted that's on them. I'll just transfer and get another backpack full of cash."

PassInterference
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Reporter should have asked...."does it not bother you that other schools like USC and Alabama got harsh punishments for things that happened under previous coaching staff"?

DawgPoundLazer
02-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Some bearshark coworkers sent me this when I posed this question to them....I think this is from McCready: "Greg Little and Jaylon Jones said Hugh Freeze was on top of the NCAA issues before today. They are both signing with Ole Miss Wednesday. " Sounds like he has been pumping them full of lies for the past few months. Rebel fans sure are defensive on this warm February Monday.