PDA

View Full Version : Request

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 10:01 AM
This is to IYOK, C34, & ED Recruiting.

Following NSD, sometime later week maybe, when the emotion dies down a little, can you guys post an intelligent, well thought out synopsis of what your overall impression of our signing class is, what went right, what went wrong, and attempt, in an intelligent way, to decifer what exactly is wrong with the way MSU recruits and maybe some steps on how to improve it.

My concern is that this is Mullen's 8th year and he's been steadily improving his recruiting methods and success since he was hired and understood how recruiting in this conference works. So, with that in mind, it's extremely odd that we seem to have hit a road block, when things have been trending upwards the past 3 years. I refuse to blame this on laziness and/or incompetence because I just can't intelligently believe that's the problem. Yet, I have no clue what went wrong this year.

I understand you guys are busy, but I'd really appreciate your well thought out opinions.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Things never trend on a straight upward path, never. There will always be roadblocks. Those that freak out about them are the ones that tend to lead miserable lives. They also have a higher chance than normal of failing in whatever they do.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Things never trend on a straight upward path, never. There will always be roadblocks. Those that freak out about them are the ones that tend to lead miserable lives. They also have a higher chance than normal of failing in whatever they do.

Agree, but I still believe you have to address the road blocks in an intelligent, non-emotional way. Everyone wants to point fingers and blame because that's easy, but I don't believe in that. Problems aren't solved that way. Problems are solved by like minded people sitting down and hashing things out.

RougeDawg
02-01-2016, 10:21 AM
One reason is we don't play on the same playing field as everyone else. We are either scared to or Bracky/Strick won't allow it. Not sure which it is, but it's apparent that we have a glaring deficiency in the most influential area of recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 10:27 AM
One reason is we don't play on the same playing field as everyone else. We are either scared to or Bracky/Strick won't allow it. Not sure which it is, but it's apparent that we have a glaring deficiency in the most influential area of recruiting.

You may be correct, but I'm nterested to see what people who have real sources think about it. Us fans can speculate all day, but we don't have the insight to truly know the issues.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Regarding not playing the game and not being on the same level playing field....we are playing the game, but we're no where near on the same level playing field in that regard. There are "networks" out there. The difference is that you have one in OM that is organized, in sync, and is relentlessly all in. Ours is unorganized (all not knowing who all else is involved), not in sync (left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing), and not relentlessly all in (participants not seeing rewards for their efforts).

Now I'm not saying I'm involved (if I were I'd keep my mouth shut), but I know others who are or have been involved. And I say have been because they are no longer involved due to the reasons I gave above. I say all that to say this...until we commit to the level others are playing and get ourselves organized, what we see is what we get. We'll have some good years like last years top 20 class, but we'll have some years like this years also. Shotgun; that's your issue.

sleepy dawg
02-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Regarding not playing the game and not being on the same level playing field....we are playing the game, but we're no where near on the same level playing field in that regard. There are "networks" out there. The difference is that you have one in OM that is organized, in sync, and is relentlessly all in. Ours is unorganized (all not knowing who all else is involved), not in sync (left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing), and not relentlessly all in (participants not seeing rewards for their efforts).

Now I'm not saying I'm involved (if I were I'd keep my mouth shut), but I know others who are or have been involved. And I say have been because they are no longer involved due to the reasons I gave above. I say all that to say this...until we commit to the level others are playing and get ourselves organized, what we see is what we get. We'll have some good years like last years top 20 class, but we'll have some years like this years also. Shotgun; that's your issue.

This post should be deleted from our public board.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Has signing day come and gone?

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 12:10 PM

We also are dumb as fence posts. JEEZZZ

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2016, 12:10 PM
This post should be deleted from our public board.

Why? Is this a secret? Are people not supposed to know that everyone has a network? Go back and look at past cases from the NCAA. You'll find violations and penalties for division 3 teams. We just got put on probation a couple years ago because we got caught playing the game. It's no secret. The secret is that we're not as good at it as others. That's the only secret. We're wondering why we're not recruiting on OM level? The NCAA just told us why last Friday.

Coach34
02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Lumpy is dead on

We arent squeaky clean. Nobody is. But we arent ****ing organized. There's your difference. End of story

AROB44
02-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Lumpy is dead on

We arent squeaky clean. Nobody is. But we arent ****ing organized. There's your difference. End of story

Well....OM is organized...see where it got them. I do not want to play at that level....

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2016, 01:03 PM
And to expound on what I said about the secret is that we're not as good at it as others, and that being the only secret....the problem with that is, it seems to only be a secret to us. I can assure you the networks at OM and Bama and others will sit down Wednesday, look over their list of signees and think about ours and chuckle to themselves over a fine cigar and scotch. Meanwhile, we'll be blaming Hevesey.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Well....OM is organized...see where it got them. I do not want to play at that level....

We'll see. Just because they may go on probation for academic fraud, doesn't mean that their network was caught

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2016, 01:07 PM

They got too greedy. Once greed gets involved you get sloppy. If they had taken a gradual rise, it wouldn't have been as noticeable.

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 01:26 PM

Nobody should. Paying players huge loads of cash is a bad idea. It makes them irresponsible with a sense of entitlement. They become uncoachable without fear of repercussions. It's a terrible idea to offer kids big lump sums of money.

sleepy dawg
02-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Why? Is this a secret? Are people not supposed to know that everyone has a network? Go back and look at past cases from the NCAA. You'll find violations and penalties for division 3 teams. We just got put on probation a couple years ago because we got caught playing the game. It's no secret. The secret is that we're not as good at it as others. That's the only secret. We're wondering why we're not recruiting on OM level? The NCAA just told us why last Friday.

Too much info. You can be traced. You're claiming to know people who are part of our "network". Those who want to dig have a starting point now. Keep that to yourself.