PDA

View Full Version : We need a sweep this weekend

slickdawg
04-05-2013, 09:45 AM
If we do sweep, and we should because Florida is really down this year, that gets us up to 6-6 - .500 in conference play. Then we win most of the remaining series, finish 16-14 or 17-13, and I think we stand a chance to host. If we don't, be ready to travel somewhere.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves, we need to sweep this weekend, then we can worry about the next steps.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Vegas bound with my broom

Coach34
04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Fla has been playing better though- they almost swept OM....we just need a series win period...that will get us in the right direction

ghostofjackie
04-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Fla has been playing better though- they almost swept OM....we just need a series win period...that will get us in the right direction

I don't know why so many people think we should sweep. We should win the series but the sweep would be a surprise. This is a Florida team that has vastly improved since conference play started. They took two from a pretty good Ole Miss club. One of the best newcomers in the country. A mix of veterans and young talent. They are not the Florida team of the past few years, but they can be dangerous. I think we are good enough to sweep but I'm not expecting a sweep.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't know why so many people think we should sweep. We should win the series but the sweep would be a surprise. This is a Florida team that has vastly improved since conference play started. They took two from a pretty good Ole Miss club. One of the best newcomers in the country. A mix of veterans and young talent. They are not the Florida team of the past few years, but they can be dangerous. I think we are good enough to sweep but I'm not expecting a sweep.

I agree. I think it's more of our fans thinking we "need" to sweep, than our fans thinking we "should" sweep. We need to be extremely happy with a series win and ecstatic with a sweep. This Florida team scares the shit out of me, because they are one road series win from flipping a switch. They have the talent to sweep us, so I think just winning the series would be big.

msstate7
04-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I want a sweep bad, but our starting pitching is too much of an unknown at this point. 2 outta 3 and I'm thrilled

slickdawg
04-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Pollorena is such a badass, he could pitch Friday and Sunday. He should be the guy in the Dos Equis commercial from now on.

Jacksondevildog
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
is that teams that were previously struggling get their act together before playing State. Take Arkansas for instance. They were struggling and go to South Carolina and sweep. Florida is struggling and they take 2 of 3 from Ole Miss.

I fully expect Auburn to sweep the Blue Jays before we play them.

I want a sweep bad, but our starting pitching is too much of an unknown at this point. 2 outta 3 and I'm thrilled

maroonmania
04-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Exactly, if I told you before the season that we would go into the FL series with our starting rotation being Pollerena, Graveman and TBA, how many would actually think we should sweep???