PDA

View Full Version : Reasons not to freak out on NSD no matter what the results.....

Taog Redloh
01-31-2016, 11:37 PM
1) Our class ain't that bad (assuming we do close Lashley and Jones). We have a bunch of solid players who had plenty of offers. Mike be low on star power but that isn't always a terrible thing.

2) We've had pretty good sustained recrootin starting from the 2011 class. A solid year like this one isn't a deal-breaker. We were damn close to the playoffs using players from 2010-2013 classes.

3) We are stocked full of quarterbacks.

Relax. Stop comparing ourselves to Ole Miss.

I will say I am concerned with the lack of OL in this class. 3 per year don't cut it.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure we end up with 5 OL.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Parker, eiland, cushenberry, Reese, and lashley will be 5 olinemen

whosyourdawgy
01-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Hell the oline in this class is gonna be the strongest part of the entire class. Wth?

Taog Redloh
01-31-2016, 11:57 PM
I count Lashley, Eiland and Parker. I guess there are more I don't know about?

SDDawg
02-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Sorry man, I just can't. It's not just stars, it's needs. You have to fill your needs and we aren't doing that. OL looks like it may close strong, but DL and WR (X position specifically) are unfilled. Unless we close well on those two, it was a poor recruiting year. I will let it play out but something has to shift in the next 48 hrs.

SDDawg
02-01-2016, 12:07 AM
I count Lashley, Eiland and Parker. I guess there are more I don't know about?

Cushenberry (USCe flip expected) and Reese (FSU flip expected).

Commercecomet24
02-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Sorry man, I just can't. It's not just stars, it's needs. You have to fill your needs and we aren't doing that. OL looks like it may close strong, but DL and WR (X position specifically) are unfilled. Unless we close well on those two, it was a poor recruiting year. I will let it play out but something has to shift in the next 48 hrs.

I agree to a certain point, but Couch was rated higher than Farrar and I think is gonna be good on the outside. One more(AJ) or a surprise would help though. I agree we need some more dl and hopefully that happens Wednesday. OL recruiting looks strong this year.

basedog
02-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Although last year's class has nothing to do with the 2016 class, Mullen red shirted most of the 2015 class. When schools get to this point thing even out with the so called 5 stars who are gone in 3 years. Couple of things also, we can sign only like 20, small class, probably 2017 we sign the full allotment.

Too much panic over recruiting. Wake me up in a few years about the 2016 class, as injuries, trouble makers, transfers, over rated, under rated, coaching changes and other factors are involved.

AROB44
02-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Although last year's class has nothing to do with the 2016 class, Mullen red shirted most of the 2015 class. When schools get to this point thing even out with the so called 5 stars who are gone in 3 years. Couple of things also, we can sign only like 20, small class, probably 2017 we sign the full allotment.

Too much panic over recruiting. Wake me up in a few years about the 2016 class, as injuries, trouble makers, transfers, over rated, under rated, coaching changes and other factors are involved.

The panic over recruiting has become hilarious....

SoJackDog
02-01-2016, 10:22 AM

This^^^^. It would be nice to have more notoriety but the dogs will keep grindin

Coach34
02-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Although last year's class has nothing to do with the 2016 class, Mullen red shirted most of the 2015 class. .

No we didnt. We played alot of Freshmen this past year. More than most schools in the SEC

Bama_Dawg
02-01-2016, 10:52 AM

Its really sad that we have to have a thread like this. Wow, just wow.

QuadrupleOption
02-01-2016, 10:53 AM
No we didnt. We played alot of Freshmen this past year. More than most schools in the SEC

Probably both statements (that we redshirted a lot of freshmen and played a lot of freshmen) are true. I remember seeing the graphics on the number of true freshmen we were playing last year.

Which if you think about it, makes the fact that we won 9 games pretty damned impressive.

msstate7
02-01-2016, 10:55 AM

Thomas
Mixon
Gibson
Adams
Rankin
Williams
Stamps
Smitherman
Lewis
Washington
Jung
Murphy
Moon
Tiano
Spivey
Mullins
Story
Green

All redshirted.

A lot of the freshmen were redshirts from previous year

Taog Redloh
02-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Thomas
Mixon
Gibson
Adams
Rankin
Williams
Stamps
Smitherman
Lewis
Washington
Jung
Murphy
Moon
Tiano
Spivey
Mullins
Story
Green

All redshirted.

A lot of the freshmen were redshirts from previous year
Facts n stuff.

Coach34 has gone all-in on the Mullen hate.

basedog
02-01-2016, 01:01 PM
There you go 34. Bunch were red shirted, good reports from the 2015 class.

I don't think 34 hates Mullen, maybe dislikes his style and approach.

Political Hack
02-01-2016, 01:21 PM
If we lose Lashley or Jones I'll be pissed. Other than that, let the chips fall where they may. I'd hate to lose Simmons too, but it's harder to suggest that we should have a clear inroad with him as compared to the other two.