PDA

View Full Version : Are we reaping the benefits of staff turnover?

Bdawg
01-31-2016, 11:00 PM
I haven't seen this discussed much on here lately, but I think it's something we shouldn't overlook. And I only say this if we don't close well with our top guys left on the board. But if we miss big in the end, I think this will have been a factor too. We lost a lot of staff people this year and have had way to many D coordinators part way with us. If we lose Simmons and Knott(I think Kobe is ours), how much do y'all think losing staff was a factor? Either way this turnover has to come to a halt if you want to build and keep relationships, especially with this big '17 class next year.

mic
01-31-2016, 11:01 PM
I haven't seen this discussed much on here lately, but I think it's something we shouldn't overlook. And I only say this if we don't close well with our top guys left on the board. But if we miss big in the end, I think this will have been a factor too. We lost a lot of staff people this year and have had way to many D coordinators part way with us. If we lose Simmons and Knott(I think Kobe is ours), how much do y'all think losing staff was a factor? Either way this turnover has to come to a halt if you want to build and keep relationships, especially with this big '17 class next year.

Zero..

Bdawg
01-31-2016, 11:12 PM
Zero..

I could understand minimal, but zero, I doubt it. Also, then why were people so pissed about it a few weeks ago?

RIdog
01-31-2016, 11:13 PM
I think the perception , true or not , that Dan was looking around ? ? ?

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 11:32 PM
What I don't understand is if we are so worried about what propective recruits read here why do we keep bringing this kind of shit up?

Lets be reminding them what the term Ole Miss Means and remind them that they had a anti Obama riot in 2012 and the KKK marched on their campus a few years ago.

RIdog
01-31-2016, 11:42 PM
Lets be reminding them what the term Ole Miss Means and remind them that they had a anti Obama riot in 2012 and the KKK marched on their campus a few years ago.

Whoa , don't think i'd say anything about Obama , worse president in my lifetime - EASILY !

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 11:47 PM
Whoa , don't think i'd say anything about Obama , worse president in my lifetime - EASILY !

No doubt he is a horrible president but Ole Miss did not rioted because of that they rioted because they are racist dick heads.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 11:54 PM
I know this much, Jack makes a great point, schools don't have to use it against us in recruiting because so many of our own fans gladly do it for them. We are pretty bad about eating our own. One post doesn't make a difference. Multiple threads a day can have an impact. It doesn't have to be all sunshine, by no means, but to keep pounding it over and over does send a message.

Reason2succeed
02-01-2016, 07:39 AM
I'm not going to turn this into a political forum. There is a place for that but I hope you guys realize that most of the coveted recruits are black. Look at the numbers and you will see that black people support President Obama and feel he has been the best president very. I say that remind you that we live in a very culturally diverse time. If you want to attract the best athletes our fanbase doesn't need to get pigeon-holed on either side of the political spectrum.

To the topic at hand, I could definitely see how rival coaches would use Dak's graduation combined with Mullen inquiry into the Miami job against us. The loss of the defensive coordinator and two other defensive coaches who were probably very involved with these kids recruiting process doesn't help at all. I'm not mad at Mullen or any of the other coaches because I realize that coaching is a profession. I don't get emotionally attached. I think Mullen by far is the best coach State has had in modern history and we should keep him as long as we can or until ON FIELD results dictate otherwise. Therefore, I will wait to see what Mullen makes out of these classes before bashing him. Remember, it's in his best interest to do as well as he can from a professional standpoint. Even if leaves at some point it will be his record here that gets him the next job.

Statecoachingblows**
02-01-2016, 08:12 AM
What I don't understand is if we are so worried about what propective recruits read here why do we keep bringing this kind of shit up?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/us/racist-episodes-continue-to-stir-ole-miss-campus.html?referer=&_r=0

http://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2012/dec/12/rebel-land-rebel-land-racial-history-oxford-and-ol/?templates=mobile

http://gawker.com/5958525/ole-miss-students-are-none-too-pleased-about-our-black-president

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015706/Feds-indict-1-noose-Ole-Miss-integration-statue.html

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/10/27/feds-kkk-members-charged-having-guns-ole-miss-campus/74670768/

http://thebiglead.com/2013/06/24/top-recruit-says-ole-miss-is-racist-has-monthly-kkk-rallies/

These were just a few that popped up on an initial search

Dawgowar
02-01-2016, 08:14 AM
'On Field Results". Always my focus. I totally get the importance of recruiting, and I also know the coach will live and die based on what he does with his players. That said, I refuse to get worked up over 18 year-holds making a decision while having their ego's stoked foolishly.

I get worked up by other schools excessively dirty pool but not Mullen's approach so long as he keeps it rolling. Egg Bowl rule is in play. Had we won attitudes would be more stable. We will be fine no matter what happens.

I do respect how passionate some are, not a criticism, hope we get the right guys on Wednesday.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Some of you need to get a grip. I remember reading two years ago that this particular class, for a several reasons would be weak for us and strong for the Rebs. It's played out pretty much as predicted. Enough whining like a little brother.

RougeDawg
02-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but having a HC throwing his hat in the ring for multiple openings a season cannot help us. We do as much, if not more, self inflicted damage to our recruiting as any opposing coach or fancy type asshat can hope to accomplish. Until we clean up the internal issues, egos, and strife, I am not expecting any revelations in our recruiting. Nor should any of you. It is what it is at this point and some changes will need to be made in order for us to take the next step. I'll let you deduce what changes need to be made, but wil wait to post everything until after Wednesday. I harped on the true issues during the season that were the cause for what is currently occurring. Either we change or get used to the status quo.

gtowndawg
02-01-2016, 10:29 PM
About a week ago I read an interview with Emmit Gooden (enrolled in JC now). He said something I found odd. He said he was 100% dawg, even if Mullen and Turner were gone in two years, he was still going to State. I just found that ann odd thing to say right now - like why make that point clear? I guarantee you it's been used against us in a major way.

Billy Ray Valentine
02-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Some of you need to get a grip. I remember reading two years ago that this particular class, for a several reasons would be weak for us and strong for the Rebs. It's played out pretty much as predicted. Enough whining like a little brother.
That was before we won 19 games in 2 years and held down #1 for 5 weeks. We should be recruiting better.

LC Dawg
02-01-2016, 10:45 PM
There are many Mississippi State coached players in the NFL right now, including one who is about to get a $100 million contract, so if a kid says he's not coming because of coaching I'd say he is reaching. If I'm not mistaken David Turner has five or six defensive linemen that he's coached playing in the league now.

Bdawg
02-01-2016, 10:56 PM
There are many Mississippi State coached players in the NFL right now, including one who is about to get a $100 million contract, so if a kid says he's not coming because of coaching I'd say he is reaching. If I'm not mistaken David Turner has five or six defensive linemen that he's coached playing in the league now.

Yeah. Wasn't referring to Turner. Thank God we kept him on staff too. Just want to keep some type of continuity going forward with our new hires.