PDA

View Full Version : "Why do you care so much?"

cheewgumm
01-31-2016, 09:38 PM
For all the people that say " take a break", and "why do you care about this so much ", I would say the next step to not caring about recruiting is to not care about football in general.

This is what we should care about.

People shouldn't day "don't care" because when people don't care, we are done for.

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
We always find diamonds in the rough and coach them up. We will be fine.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 09:41 PM

"We"?

t45fixer
01-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Artsey craftsy Dan Mullen is cranking up the rock tumbler as we speak. Don't be artsey craftsy Dan Mullen.

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2016, 10:02 PM

Yep. Thats championship 101**

confucius say
01-31-2016, 10:08 PM
For all the people that say " take a break", and "why do you care about this so much ", I would say the next step to not caring about recruiting is to not care about football in general.

People shouldn't day "don't care" because when people don't care, we are done for.

I care about recruiting. I care more about 8-10 win seasons, which dan has proven he is more likely than not to accomplish regardless of whether our class is ranked 25 or 35 Wednesday night.

confucius say
01-31-2016, 10:09 PM

We don't find diamonds in the rough as much as we evaluate talent better than recruiting sites. The former implies luck.

Taog Redloh
01-31-2016, 10:13 PM
Fanbases that don't care, cheer for teams that don't win. Period.

I choose to show my caring with the BC and spending money on tickets and other stuff in Starkville. Others choose to tweet recroots. To each his own. All of it is necessary.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 11:44 PM
It's one thing to care but it's another to allow it to consume your life. Too many other things in life to worry about then where a kid is going to sign.

Leroy Jenkins
01-31-2016, 11:58 PM
http://www.dearsportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/You-play-to-win-the-game.gif

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2016, 09:34 AM

You are wrong about not caring about recruiting being the next step to not caring about football. I passionately care about football and always have. I keep up with recruiting but I don't ever get in a twist, good or bad, about it. There are just too many intangibles involved to make it worth losing sleep or happiness over. The ratings and class ranking crap is a beauty contest driven by journalists and wanna be journalists. If they were really any good at athletics or judging athletes they would be actually in the business instead of being in the business of talking about it. Wake me up when September gets here.

TUSK
02-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Ah, "caring" about (football) success...

Hasn't this subject been broached previously?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Exactly, I remember when all of the SEC coaches loved it when we had Croom because he did things "the right way".

EnterpriseDawg
02-01-2016, 11:21 AM
You guys must have watched a different Egg Bowl and Alabama game. It was clear to me the difference in a team with 3 star diamonds and 4-5 star elite talent. If we can't recruit better than we have I hope you're content with 6-8 win years. The fact that the staff couldn't capitalize off the last 2 years in recruiting gives me little hope that we can compete for talent going forward.

maroonmania
02-01-2016, 11:26 AM
You guys must have watched a different Egg Bowl and Alabama game. It was clear to me the difference in a team with 3 star diamonds and 4-5 star elite talent. If we can't recruit better than we have I hope you're content with 6-8 win years. The fact that the staff couldn't capitalize off the last 2 years in recruiting gives me little hope that we can compete for talent going forward.

^^^This. And it was understandable in the first 3 to 4 years as Dan was building the program that 4 and 5 star players weren't easily attracted. However, after the last couple of very successful seasons it doesn't make sense anymore that we still seemingly can't raise our recruiting profile.