PDA

View Full Version : Who does the SEC get to replace Ole Miss when they get the Death Penalty?

Mutt the Hoople
01-31-2016, 07:33 PM
We know the SEC isn't going to let Ole Miss cost them any of that huge revenue because of their corruption. My guess is that the SEC might have some schools on speed-dial to ask them to join. I have a few ideas:

- Memphis: They'd be replacing one mid-south commuter school with another. Plus, they'd bring a strong basketball dynamic to the conference. Don't think Tennessee nor Vanderbilt will like them in the conference, but we're talking about maximizing revenues.

- Clemson: They're more of an SEC school than an ACC school anyway. Strong similarities to Auburn (http://wp.auburn.edu/auburnmagazine/those-tigers-in-south-carolina/) and The Mississippi State University (http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/fun-facts-about-clemson/46524202/). They're natural rivals to Georgia (60 miles away) and USCe. Put them in the East, move Missouri to the West, and we're set.

- Tulane: I'd love to have them in the SEC West. don't bring much to the table, but teams (and fans) get to go to New Orleans every other year. Also raise the SEC GPA.

- TCU: It makes perfect sense. It gives the SEC a strong presence in the DFW area (with A&M controlling South Texas), plus I'd get to go to a conference game every two years.

Come up with some of your ideas.

Mjoelner34
01-31-2016, 07:35 PM
USM. That's why Hopson made the jump. **

starkvegasdawg
01-31-2016, 08:15 PM
If they want a team with the same level of morals I say they go after Penn State.

TrapGame
01-31-2016, 08:24 PM
U. of Texas: all the arrogance but the money to back it up.

gtowndawg
01-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Ole Miss is close to being put out to pasture. They thought they were smart, but....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/p1c-WyooGEY/hqdefault.jpg

RougeDawg
01-31-2016, 08:34 PM
U. of Texas: all the arrogance but the money to back it up.

And championships.

Mutt the Hoople
01-31-2016, 08:42 PM
You don't want the Tea-sips anywhere near the SEC.

TUSK
01-31-2016, 08:59 PM
None of the above...

Bammer sets up a satellite program in Oxford with better academics, more babes, and then stocks it with "processed"/backup football players from Tuscaloosa that subsequently never finishes worse than 5th in the SEC West.....

after a legit stadium is built, of course.

gravedigger
01-31-2016, 09:00 PM

Laughing at the tongue in cheek nature of the question but you are correct. The sips would not work out in our conference. My choice would be tcu.

Todd4State
01-31-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm all for Tulane. Better party town than Oxford anyway.

SoJackDog
01-31-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm all for Tulane. Better party town than Oxford anyway.

Voting Tulane also.....obvious reasons

How long until it happens?

Brando
01-31-2016, 09:16 PM
What about Louisville? Great basketball, usually a strong baseball, and a decent football team. Realign and do Ark, State, LSU, Louisville, Vandy, A&M, and Mizzou in the West and Bama, Auburn, Florida, TN, KY, USCe, and UGA in the east... Id go for that. If they ever do realign, in my opionion, they need to split LSU and Bama.

dickiedawg
01-31-2016, 09:23 PM
It's clearly one of the North Carolina or Virginia schools. OK State would also make sense.

TUSK
01-31-2016, 09:30 PM
What about Louisville? Great basketball, usually a strong baseball, and a decent football team. Realign and do Ark, State, LSU, Louisville, Vandy, A&M, and Mizzou in the West and Bama, Auburn, Florida, TN, KY, USCe, and UGA in the east... Id go for that. If they ever do realign, in my opionion, they need to split LSU and Bama.

That version of the SEC East would be freakin' BRUTAL...

RIdog
01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm in on Tulane ! :)

dawgoneyall
01-31-2016, 09:51 PM
None of the above...

Bammer sets up a satellite program in Oxford with better academics, more babes, and then stocks it with "processed"/backup football players from Tuscaloosa that subsequently never finishes worse than 5th in the SEC West.....

after a legit stadium is built, of course.

Would need a bigger Walmart.

Brando
01-31-2016, 09:58 PM
That version of the SEC East would be freakin' BRUTAL...

I agree, but no worse that what the East has been lately... Atleast here the West would still have a couple decent teams. Ark is going to pop over tghe hump any year now and very good. We would be in the running most yrs with a good team, LSU is going to LSU, and I think the Ville would surprise a few people. But your right, the East would turn over to the power side. Honestly tho, I im very OCD, and cant stand the damn West/East stuff with the teams not actually in the West/East of the con.

I guess we could break it up and go North/South, but then the South would be way too brutal with A&M, LSU, State, Bama. Auburn, Georgia, and Florida..

TUSK
01-31-2016, 10:30 PM
I agree, but no worse that what the East has been lately... Atleast here the West would still have a couple decent teams. Ark is going to pop over tghe hump any year now and very good. We would be in the running most yrs with a good team, LSU is going to LSU, and I think the Ville would surprise a few people. But your right, the East would turn over to the power side. Honestly tho, I im very OCD, and cant stand the damn West/East stuff with the teams not actually in the West/East of the con.

I guess we could break it up and go North/South, but then the South would be way too brutal with A&M, LSU, State, Bama. Auburn, Georgia, and Florida..

I meant the East would be brutally difficult... 5 of the big 6.... it'd eventually be tougher than the west has been....

Brando
01-31-2016, 10:33 PM
I meant the East would be brutally difficult... 5 of the big 6.... it'd eventually be tougher than the west has been....

Yea my bad. I typed the wrong thing. I meant to repeat what you said. The East would be what the West is now...

32 Dive
01-31-2016, 10:51 PM

THIS, in Spades...

State82
02-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Got a few chuckles out of this thread. Good one boys. Put me down for Tulane.

Reason2succeed
02-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Southern Methodist University. They are just like the Oxford crowd but with a ton of well earned humility. No one would know the difference. It's like killing someone and replacing them with a less obnoxious clone.

Plus, it brings Dallas into the SEC. Sorry to inform some of you but TCU is in Fort Worth which is a totally different vibe.

Mutt the Hoople
02-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Southern Methodist University. They are just like the Oxford crowd but with a ton of well earned humility. No one would know the difference. It's like killing someone and replacing them with a less obnoxious clone.

Plus, it brings Dallas into the SEC. Sorry to inform some of you but TCU is in Fort Worth which is a totally different vibe.

SMU....not a bad choice. Got the Dallas area, plus a pretty easy win. I could turn that into a good day trip.