PDA

View Full Version : Transfer request OM

Hattdawg
01-31-2016, 01:59 PM
If Ole Miss signs this highly rated class while telling the recruits there is nothing to this, will these recruits be allowed to transfer out?? I know as my son is doing this in baseball I'm apprehensive of what is told to him now with all that goes on in recruiting. If he was told "nothing to see here" and then gets dropped with 2-3 year post season play ban I would be looking to get out.

Todd4State
01-31-2016, 02:01 PM
I believe (not an expert) what normally happens is the NCAA gives players the option to transfer out without penalty.

MarketingBully
01-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Yes, players will get a chance to transfer out without penalty (see USC and Penn State).

Hattdawg
01-31-2016, 02:03 PM
Chances are ole miss signs big class, bomb is dropped, then many of the players scramble to find a new place to go??

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Chances are ole miss signs big class, bomb is dropped, then many of the players scramble to find a new place to go??

Possibly. It depends. The NCAA could be looking into 2 or 3 current commits and if that's the case, the student athlete will also have to pay the price. E.g., if Greg Little's recruitment is under investigation because Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, and the entire Big 12 is pissed off, he likely won't be allowed to transfer to avoid penalties.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 02:42 PM
Only upper classman will be able to transfer.

RougeDawg
01-31-2016, 02:51 PM
Possibly. It depends. The NCAA could be looking into 2 or 3 current commits and if that's the case, the student athlete will also have to pay the price. E.g., if Greg Little's recruitment is under investigation because Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, and the entire Big 12 is pissed off, he likely won't be allowed to transfer to avoid penalties.

And little's investigation is not included in the two investigations mentioned this week. The LOIC is definitely in play if this current class ends as it currently stands. Aggies and sooners are flexing their muscle on this issue. R