PDA

View Full Version : Farrar

msstate7
01-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Aj is dominating the talk here and rightfully so bc he's a bad man, but what's up with farrar? Do we hold on to him?

Jacksondevildog
01-31-2016, 01:09 PM
No news is good news, but the Oklahoma offer is concerning. Our recruiting guys haven't had a lot to say about him and they've all been somewhat quiet with information lately.

DancingRabbit
01-31-2016, 05:50 PM
So who is LaDarrian Cobb? Farrar re-tweeted one of his tweets which says he's coming to State. Some of Cobb's tweets tagged Coach Dan Mullen.

I can't find Cobb on 247.

vv83
01-31-2016, 05:57 PM
So who is LaDarrian Cobb? Farrar re-tweeted one of his tweets which says he's coming to State. Some of Cobb's tweets tagged Coach Dan Mullen.

I can't find Cobb on 247.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3452492/ladarrian-cobb

DancingRabbit
01-31-2016, 06:10 PM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3452492/ladarrian-cobb

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that, but nothing on 247.

Maybe he's a walk-on? He played safety for Richland Hills which is not far from where Farrar played.
https://twitter.com/LaDarrianCobb15/status/691785258971353089

maroonmania
01-31-2016, 06:33 PM
We definitely need one or the other (of AJ and Farrar) and hopefully both. As I looked over the roster we are loaded at the slot receiver but woefully thin on the outside especially after next year when the Freds are gone (Ross and Brown). Right now JJackson and DGray are the only outside guys we will have that I know anything about after next year. Will be interesting to see if they keep Ross in the slot in the Spring or move him back outside. Even DGray has more of a slot build.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 07:09 PM
We definitely need one or the other (of AJ and Farrar) and hopefully both. As I looked over the roster we are loaded at the slot receiver but woefully thin on the outside especially after next year when the Freds are gone (Ross and Brown). Right now JJackson and DGray are the only outside guys we will have that I know anything about after next year. Will be interesting to see if they keep Ross in the slot in the Spring or move him back outside. Even DGray has more of a slot build.

Don't forget Jamal Couch

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Took this from their free board....

ZachGivens wrote:? UPDATE (Sat., 4:57 pm): An interesting development regarding Miss. State WR commit, Zach Farrar. We have been told that the Sooners have agreed to let Zach play baseball his first year, something Miss. State had already promised. Farrar is actually touring (by now he may have completed the tour) the baseball facilities today. This one is looking good for the Sooners.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2016, 08:05 PM
He left Oklahoma still committed to MSU. Oklahoma actually has another WR on campus today, Mykel Jones, so that's encouraging.

klong-dog
01-31-2016, 08:07 PM
Great, another signing day surprise is all.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 08:08 PM
He left Oklahoma still committed to MSU. Oklahoma actually has another WR on campus today, Mykel Jones, so that's encouraging.

Hope it wasn't just to wait and tell our coaches before the media. Really hope we can hold on to farrar. 2 weeks ago, I thought we had aj, farrar, and couch... Now just couch is a real possibility

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 08:09 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

Ralph
01-31-2016, 08:10 PM
i think we hold on to farrar.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 08:11 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

You psychic or guessing? Hope the former...

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 08:14 PM
You psychic or guessing? Hope the former...

Got a good friend who's son is on the baseball team. Talks with Zach and he's still firm with us. However you never know with these kids. Still think we in good shape.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Farrar flipped.

C222
01-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Hearing he may flip soon

Eta: looks like it's already out there

Big4Dawg
01-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Never again will I get mad at our staff for cutting a kid/pulling an offer because stuff like this. Kids change their mind all the time as well.

Ralph
01-31-2016, 08:50 PM
Flipped. Damn.

OdaMaeBrown
01-31-2016, 08:53 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

nm

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:02 PM
nm

Yep you right. That one hurt.

cheewgumm
01-31-2016, 09:06 PM
We hardly knew ye

Irondawg
01-31-2016, 09:08 PM
That one hurts really bad.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 09:09 PM
That one hurts really bad.
We've got a few bigger body blows coming in the next few days I'm afraid

DancingRabbit
01-31-2016, 09:10 PM
Damn. Would have been good to get a foot in the door at Southlake.

Irondawg
01-31-2016, 09:16 PM
It is getting hard to remain optimistic. There was no excuse for not getting a top 25 class this year with our prestige factor being the highest it's ever been and our offensive success

HoopsDawg
01-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

Nice call.

HoopsDawg
01-31-2016, 09:20 PM
We've got a few bigger body blows coming in the next few days I'm afraid

I'm trying hard to wait until Wednesday but this has been the biggest cluster**** of a recruiting job I can remember since I started following recruiting 21 years ago. Double digit decommittments and misses.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Nice call.

Yep major screwup on my part. Was going by what I heard from a baseball player. My bad.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

https://i.imgur.com/TIVp2h.jpg

Bothrops
01-31-2016, 09:22 PM
We recruit well as long as we're the only ones in the running.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 09:22 PM
Yep major screwup on my part. Was going by what I heard from a baseball player. My bad.

Ha, don't apologize. Things change. People beg for any & all info even if it's rumors...but as soon as they don't turn out true, they jump on those that are just trying to share info, ha. Shit happens.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 09:24 PM
As long as Bama, Oklahoma, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee doesn't give a committable offer to most of these recruits.....we have a shot.*

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TIVp2h.jpg

Yep bad call, bad info. Was looking for something positive but guess that got shot to hell. Sorry. I hate losing this kid.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 09:25 PM

No big deal... Even I was wrong 1 time about 3 years ago haha

preachermatt83
01-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Never again will I get mad at our staff for cutting a kid/pulling an offer because stuff like this. Kids change their mind all the time as well.

I agree completely!!

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Same shit. Different kid.

Bdawg
We all knew it was probably bad when OU offered. Think we all heard it was an offer he really wanted. Hard to sway a kid away from a place he has always wanted to go. Maybe with Hankerson in and Farrar gone, AJ will be more apt to join us and see he more needed now. Trying to be positive, but it's hard

preachermatt83
I'm trying hard to wait until Wednesday but this has been the biggest cluster**** of a recruiting job I can remember since I started following recruiting 21 years ago. Double digit decommittments and misses.

I'm still holding out hope on the Big 5. If we don't land ATLEAST 3 of them I'm gonna agree with you completely!!! I'm going to be ready to fire everybody!! Lol!!

HoopsDawg

No Kidding! The only recruits we have that haven't decommitted are the ones without better offers. Everything needs to be re-evaluated.

HoopsDawg
01-31-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm still holding out hope on the Big 5. If we don't land ATLEAST 3 of them I'm gonna agree with you completely!!! I'm going to be ready to fire everybody!! Lol!!

We are getting Lashley and Jones, no one else!!

BeardoMSU
01-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Zach gonna be a Bulldog.

http://i.imgur.com/zQYq4Yq.gif

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:31 PM
Ha, don't apologize. Things change. People beg for any & all info even if it's rumors...but as soon as they don't turn out true, they jump on those that are just trying to share info, ha. Shit happens.

Thanks. I was trying to find something positive, thought I had got some solid info from someone who knew and blew up on me. Feel terrible about it.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 09:32 PM

Then we get a D in recruiting this year... Only bright spot will be a better oline class than normal

Coach007
Good lord people! Just take a break from recruiting

Bdawg
As long as Bama, Oklahoma, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee doesn't give a committable offer to most of these recruits.....we have a shot.*

Sad to say but this seems to be a reality. We need some good news tomorrow and Tuesday with some of our top targets. Try to get bit of momentum before Wednesday

Commercecomet24
http://i.imgur.com/zQYq4Yq.gif

Now that's funny! Deserve it for that one!

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks. I was trying to find something positive, thought I had got some solid info from someone who knew and blew up on me. Feel terrible about it.

Don't feel bad. For all you know, Farrar told the guy that but was really on the fence at the time. Things change from minute to minute sometimes in recruiting. Keep bringing info. If someone doesn't like it, ask them for their info, ha.

Irondawg
01-31-2016, 09:33 PM
The thing I don't like about situations like this is you have the kid tweeting out pictures of him on a bulldog uniform after he gets to OU offer and decides to take a visit. Then flips.

I get kids changing their mind when a new offer comes along. Just go silent though.

In the end I shouldn't care. But I do.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:36 PM
No big deal... Even I was wrong 1 time about 3 years ago haha

Thanks. I think I'm gonna get out of the info gathering and just read what all the real info guys say.

HoopsDawg
01-31-2016, 09:38 PM
Then we get a D in recruiting this year... Only bright spot will be a better oline class than normal

Yeah, the bar wasn't high, but it's a decent haul thanks to SC and FSU backing off and Lashley has good upside in 2 or 3 years.

klong-dog
01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
So Knott announces for OM or Bama tomorrow?

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Time for a stiff drink boys. At least for me!

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 09:41 PM
Yeah, the bar wasn't high, but it's a decent haul thanks to SC and FSU backing off and Lashley has good upside in 2 or 3 years.

So Car didn't back off. They tried to get him to visit this weekend and was honoring their offer. FSU didn't have room because of who they think they will land. I guess that's close or a keep him warm situation.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 09:42 PM
Don't feel bad. For all you know, Farrar told the guy that but was really on the fence at the time. Things change from minute to minute sometimes in recruiting. Keep bringing info. If someone doesn't like it, ask them for their info, ha.

Appreciate that! Just goes to show you that these kids change their mind constantly and may flip and flop a hundred times a day. Dang teenagers lol!

preachermatt83
01-31-2016, 09:57 PM

Then somebody better be held accountable. My question is who? We lose to OM two year in a row, 3 of 4 , they destroy us in Ed rioting and we are losing Golde. Triangle kids .., my question... Who is responsible,... Why is there no accountability. Stiklin needs to grow a pair. So we go to bowls?? Great... We are not competing for the west and we need to be. There is 1 reason we are not... RECRUITING. It's that simple. Again I'm still holding out hope for AJ, Simmons, and Knott. But if we only get 3 of the five I'll be disappointed but can live with it. Less than 3 and I'm gonna be completely done with Dan Mullen. I think he's gonna Suprise us tho. I'm calling for 4 of the 5.

I seen it dawg
01-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Farrah played it perfect to get what he really wanted which was to go to OU. That one was down mainstreet.

HoopsDawg
01-31-2016, 10:16 PM
Then somebody better be held accountable. My question is who? We lose to OM two year in a row, 3 of 4 , they destroy us in Ed rioting and we are losing Golde. Triangle kids .., my question... Who is responsible,... Why is there no accountability. Stiklin needs to grow a pair. So we go to bowls?? Great... We are not competing for the west and we need to be. There is 1 reason we are not... RECRUITING. It's that simple. Again I'm still holding out hope for AJ, Simmons, and Knott. But if we only get 3 of the five I'll be disappointed but can live with it. Less than 3 and I'm gonna be completely done with Dan Mullen. I think he's gonna Suprise us tho. I'm calling for 4 of the 5.

It's on Mullen, his entire staff and their strategy. We were #1 in the country last year and we are recruiting like a lower tier big ten school.

cbrunt29
01-31-2016, 10:35 PM
It's on Mullen, his entire staff and their strategy. We were #1 in the country last year and we are recruiting like a lower tier big ten school.
That #1 ranking feels so long ago..

preachermatt83
01-31-2016, 10:39 PM

It has to be. But who will hold them accountable?? Strick won't!

BossDawg
01-31-2016, 11:19 PM

How in the wild world of sports does Mullen manage to screw up recruiting so frigging bad?! Good Lord what is the problem?

Dawgface
02-01-2016, 07:57 AM
No worries. Mullen can coach up a 3* to a 5*. Our class will be just as strong as OM. ***

Reason2succeed
02-01-2016, 08:48 AM
It sucks to have a guy de-commit but Farrar wins on the most civil ever. I can respect a kid from DFW going to Oklahoma over State. I can't be mad at him on that one.

From Insidemsusports.com
Farrar announced his choice via Twitter Sunday night following an official visit to Norman stating “This is probably the toughest decision I’ve ever had to make. And yet it is the most important decision in my life. I am decommitting from Mississippi State University. There was not one single negative with Mississippi State, from the campus, the town, the fans, the players, the staff, the academics and the coaches. They are top notch in my opinion. Good people who treated me very well. That’s why this is so hard but I must do what’s best for me in the long run. Thank you to the coaching staff as a whole for believing in me.”