PDA

View Full Version : SEC linebacker rankings....

CadaverDawg
08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Is Saturday Down South in any way affiliated to anybody on this board? If so, I'm sorry but what a garbage bunch of rankings they are putting out lately.

On twitter they have their SEC linebacker rankings....

1. Moseley
2. Hubbard
3. Jenkins
4. Nkemdiche
5. AJ Johnson

McKinney at #7 I think, but I didn't click the link to find out. Am I crazy for thinking this is a f'n joke to have McKinney outside of the Top 5 in the SEC?

McKinney had 102 tackles last year as a damn Freshman, compared to Moseley's 107. And he did it while Cam Lawrence was racking up 120 tackles next to him.

Meanwhile, Little nkem had only 80 tackles yet he is ranked 3 spots ahead of McKinney. I wish the lazy assed media would get off of the message boards for a little while and start actually doing a little research and watch some games. Everything in the media is a damn joke these days because it is all about whatever is going to sell the best, to hell with facts.

Yet another reason that Im pissed about BeastMan's show being cancelled. We were going to hear some actual reality. Oh well, sorry for the rant.

WeWillScrewItUp
08-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm with you CD. I haven't figured out why nkemdiche is getting so much love other than last name. McKinney will show everyone this year he is the best LB in Mississippi and one of the best in the SEC.

messageboardsuperhero
08-10-2013, 12:24 AM
All the Denzel Nkemdiche love is just going WAY overboard. Didn't the media put him on the first team All-SEC? That's absolutely absurd. He's a good player, but he's not a top 3-4 SEC linebacker. I will say, he did get a lot of TFL last season, but you have to consider that they sent him on a blitz damn near every play. McKinney probably blitzed about as much all season as Nkemdiche did in one game. I guarantee you McKinney will end up being better than D. Nkemdiche.

It's all about name recognition and hype. That's what sells and gets you page views.

Political Hack
08-10-2013, 07:43 AM
100% nailed it. Name recognition.

FlabLoser
08-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Denzel was signed in the summer, months after signing day in Feb. He was overlooked by everybody at Freeze who took him to get to Robert. Even Rebels know this.

Nobody expected much out of Denzel. But to Denzel's credit he overachieved. He played well at LB. He is a serviceable SEC LB, which is way more than anybody expected. That was a pleasant surprise for the rebels.

To say he is all-SEC is ridiculous. There are LBs as good or better than Denzel on most SEC teams.

Where are Einstein's siblings and descendants? Let's nominate them for a Nobel Prize.

mic
08-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Like I said in a previous thread The media loves UM for what ever reason.

Coach34
08-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Well, kickoff is just 19 more days away

mic
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I wish I could remember what game it was last year. But some team UM played I think early in the season either had a pulling guard or a FB that was lead blocker on a run up the middle and pancaked little DK.. the camera angle was from behind the play so you could see it perfect... Im pretty sure it resulted in a long run for a TD.. Whoever the player was had to get a sticker on the helmet for that block..
If anyone can find that please share....

Quaoarsking
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
This is the same website that thinks we go 5-7 (one of the writers may have said 6-6) and that MSU fans are already putting Dan Mullen on the hot seat. They don't have a clue.

It's the same website that thinks Ole Miss has a real shot at finishing second in the West. They might as well just put their blog posts on Bleacher Report.

messageboardsuperhero
08-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Denzel was signed in the summer, months after signing day in Feb. He was overlooked by everybody at Freeze who took him to get to Robert. Even Rebels know this.

Nobody expected much out of Denzel. But to Denzel's credit he overachieved. He played well at LB. He is a serviceable SEC LB, which is way more than anybody expected. That was a pleasant surprise for the rebels.

To say he is all-SEC is ridiculous. There are LBs as good or better than Denzel on most SEC teams.

Where are Einstein's siblings and descendants? Let's nominate them for a Nobel Prize.

He was actually signed by Nutt, but that really doesn't change your point. I'm sure Nutt probably wanted a shot at getting Robert too.

Coach34
08-10-2013, 09:54 AM
our LB group this season will be one of the SEC's 3-4 best groups...they been beating the shit out of our offense so far in camp I hear

Little Kimdeechy is not bad- but he is not as good as McKinney