PDA

View Full Version : AJ's dad said we are still in it despite reports otherwise.

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 12:40 PM
I still agree with Coach that he will eventually sign with us. It is just a ploy. We will be happy on Wed.

Op4isabitch
01-31-2016, 12:45 PM
Link? If you have one please.

Jacksondevildog
01-31-2016, 12:48 PM
It's a story over on the spirit. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Coach34
01-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Im getting so much crap from people- I dont know who is going where- except Lashley.

All I know for sure is that OM thinks they have AJ, Jones, and Simmons locked down. They are very confident.

Soooo ready for Wednesday

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 12:59 PM
"Mississippi State is not out of the race, though. We had three visits - Cal, Alabama and Ole Miss. We grew up in Starkville, so he's over there all the time. The only thing you can do is pretty much wait."

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2016, 01:03 PM
"Mississippi State is not out of the race, though. We had three visits - Cal, Alabama and Ole Miss. We grew up in Starkville, so he's over there all the time. The only thing you can do is pretty much wait."

Hmmm. "Over there all the time"

Saltydog
01-31-2016, 01:05 PM
very, very quiet so that's a bit concerning.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:06 PM

Did he leave off "bruh eyes up ad the urninal"

OSCAR
01-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Their visit weekend is not creating much buzz this year. I think they spent the whole time explaining away the Forde article. An Ole Miss friend at church was conceding Jones to us but is still bullish on JS and AJ.

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 01:08 PM
We are going to learn a lot about Mullen and co. over the next 72 hours. I can't wait personally.

Jacksondevildog
01-31-2016, 01:12 PM
This is true. Mullen knows that he will lose some confidence in the fanbase if he whiffs on some of these guys. He may just be arrogant and not concerned about it, but make no mistake, if we close poorly, it will hurt.
We are going to learn a lot about Mullen and co. over the next 72 hours. I can't wait personally.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Honestly I think Mullen could give a rats ass what anyone thinks cause he knows as long as he keeps producing he is golden

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Honestly I think Mullen could give a rats ass what anyone thinks cause he knows as long as he keeps producing he is golden

I am not suggesting losing AJ is somehow a huge black mark on Mullen. There are a LOT of guys in play and I am guessing that Mullen will look a lot more effective on Wednesday than he's getting credit for today. Perception aside, we can close strong without AJ even though it will bother people.

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2016, 01:33 PM

Ha I agree with that. He couldn't care less what we think but I would be embarrassed if I was taking the ass whooping he is

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 01:34 PM
What's your point Shotgun? I was trying to find out the latest on the 2nd biggest recruit on our board.

It_Could_Happen
01-31-2016, 01:38 PM
I don't know why they are so confident on Jones because I heard he left the visit early and wouldn't talk to the media.

msstate7
01-31-2016, 01:38 PM
What's your point Shotgun? I was trying to find out the latest on the 2nd biggest recruit on our board.

Your conscience is getting to you... All shotgun did is pick out a piece of aj's dad's quote about being at state all the time

confucius say
01-31-2016, 01:39 PM

Truth. Not to mention he has had great players who were not rated highly (banks, Preston, slay, jrob, bmac, Ballard, bear, etc...). I believe he looks at the recruiting sites as not being able to hold his jock when it comes to evaluating talent. Not saying he is right, just how I think he feels.

basedog
01-31-2016, 01:42 PM

And that's exactly what Coaches should think and do. I hate reading about recruiting, social media has made it unbearable for me, I'm old school, let's see how we do in the next few years before bashing a signing class.

Thick
01-31-2016, 01:42 PM
I think we are in good shape to be honest fellows. These guys want to have their day on Wednesday, and we can only hope that Dan and co. have struck a deal that will make us happy. Then again, it could be total bs and we lose all of them!

confucius say
01-31-2016, 01:43 PM
I don't know why they are so confident on Jones because I heard he left the visit early and wouldn't talk to the media.

Really? Interesting. The one constant I've heard for 6 months from people who say they know, some of whom are on this board, is that jones and lashley will commit to us.

confucius say
01-31-2016, 01:45 PM
And that's exactly what Coaches should think and do. I hate reading about recruiting, social media has made it unbearable for me, I'm old school, let's see how we do in the next few years before bashing a signing class.

2011 recruiting class agrees

gravedigger
01-31-2016, 01:48 PM
I still agree with Coach that he will eventually sign with us. It is just a ploy. We will be happy on Wed.

Im confident msu will be just fine with who we do sign.

PlattsburgDawg
01-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Wait, are you saying Kobe left his state visit early and would not talk to the media?

It_Could_Happen
01-31-2016, 01:57 PM
Wait, are you saying Kobe left his state visit early and would not talk to the media?

No he left Oxford early

MarketingBully
01-31-2016, 01:57 PM

It's the Ole Miss visit he talked about. He also got there late for that visit as well.

PlattsburgDawg
01-31-2016, 02:15 PM
It's the Ole Miss visit he talked about. He also got there late for that visit as well.

Okay thanks for clearing that up, I knew he talked to the media after his state visit and I saw him at the Starkville High basketball game Friday night so I knew he showed up late.

msbulldog
01-31-2016, 02:18 PM
Im getting so much crap from people- I dont know who is going where- except Lashley.

All I know for sure is that OM thinks they have AJ, Jones, and Simmons locked down. They are very confident.

Soooo ready for Wednesday

Sorry for the crap Coach, personally I enjoy your insight ans opinion!

MarketingBully
01-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Coach34 probably finds it humorous that Ole Miss is as cocky as they are for those players. Although I will say this, I don't know who the Ole Miss sources are in Starkville but those guys were fed a load of horseshit.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 02:46 PM
OM recruiting analyst know how they're recruiting. That makes them confident. They don't know whether it will work, but they've always safely assumed that their methods will work. It seems that in multiple cases this year, these particular kids aren't interested in a short term gain as much as they are in going where they want to go. I think OM only gets 1 of the toss ups at this point. I think Bama will get 1/2 and we will get a couple too.

However, if we are unable to leverage the golden goose that Mullen was handed Friday, our staff has done an absolutely piss poor job at recruiting. Please note the "if." They could close all of them and I hope they do, but if they lose more than one kid to a program that has 30 pending NCAA allegations across multiple sports that involve an actual athletics director, then our staff sucks at recruiting and we were never even in it with any of these kids.

NSD can't get here fast enough.

ScottH
01-31-2016, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;495403
However, if we are unable to leverage the golden goose that Mullen was handed Friday, our staff has done an absolutely piss poor job at recruiting. Please note the "if." They could close all of them and I hope they do, but if they lose more than one kid to a program that has 30 pending NCAA allegations across multiple sports that involve an actual athletics director, then our staff sucks at recruiting and we were never even in it with any of these kids.
[/QUOTE]

Seconded and Bravo.

Bothrops
01-31-2016, 03:01 PM
OM recruiting analyst know how they're recruiting. That makes them confident. They don't know whether it will work, but they've always safely assumed that their methods will work. It seems that in multiple cases this year, these particular kids aren't interested in a short term gain as much as they are in going where they want to go. I think OM only gets 1 of the toss ups at this point. I think Bama will get 1/2 and we will get a couple too.

Yep the general consensus up there is..if they have a good time, they're OM locks.

preachermatt83
01-31-2016, 03:07 PM
We will land at least 3 , prob 4, and possibly all 5 of Kobe, AJ, Simmons, Knott, and Lashley will be in marion and White. I honestly believe that. No major sources, just my gut feeling. My confidence on a scale of 1 to 10 is as follows..

Kobe- 9
Lashley-9
Simmons- 7
Knott- 5
AJ- 5

preachermatt83
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM

Outstanding post!!

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 03:11 PM
I mostly agree with Hack: the only part I disagree with is that OM recruiting analysts actually believe they're going to sign all of these guys. I don't believe they do, it's calculated misinformation. They do this every year- spin up the fan base, poke at rivals, flaunt their self-importance then spin it all and close with what's real in the final 24 hours or so. It doesn't hurt them because they're recruiting well, but misinformation is the name of the game for them.

Covercorner2
01-31-2016, 03:14 PM
I mostly agree with Hack: the only part I disagree with is that OM recruiting analysts actually believe they're going to sign all of these guys. I don't believe they do, it's calculated misinformation. They do this every year- spin up the fan base, poke at rivals, flaunt their self-importance then spin it all and close with what's real in the final 24 hours or so. It doesn't hurt them because they're recruiting well, but misinformation is the name of the game for them.

Yep. Be prepared for the "local pressure" spin, even though most of the kids took multiple visits to other schools...

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 03:17 PM

That is a big part of it too; however, if I know the numbers that are being thrown around by the OM faithful, Yancy does too. And those numbers would make anyone confident. Problem is, these kids aren't looking for a pay day. The smart ones who have long term plans to make football their profession rarely do. That's why we end up with horses who go to work instead of rock stars that OD and jump out of windows. As crazy as it sounds, having OM weed out the trash for us has probably helped us avoid a lot of off the field issues.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 03:30 PM
That is a big part of it too; however, if I know the numbers that are being thrown around by the OM faithful, Yancy does too. And those numbers would make anyone confident. Problem is, these kids aren't looking for a pay day. The smart ones who have long term plans to make football their profession rarely do. That's why we end up with horses who go to work instead of rock stars that OD and jump out of windows. As crazy as it sounds, having OM weed out the trash for us has probably helped us avoid a lot of off the field issues.

Excellent post. Great points.

Homedawg
01-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Rest assured if we get Kobe, the rebels, I assure you, are going to say they didn't have a spot for him. Mark that down. I know that's not going out on a limb.

State82
01-31-2016, 04:44 PM
Political Hack cookin' with gas.

djaymsu5
01-31-2016, 04:45 PM
The thing that makes them so confident on AJ is the rumor going around of him meeting with Bianco and him and Cohen have not talked. That itself kind of worries me! I could live with him going to bama but Ole Miss would be a punch in the nuts

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 05:29 PM
The last coaches he is going to talk to before the dead period to signning day is Ole Misses. Stands to reason they would think it's a done deal. This feels like the Chris Jones and Leo Lewis ordeal all over again.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 05:29 PM
The thing that makes them so confident on AJ is the rumor going around of him meeting with Bianco and him and Cohen have not talked. That itself kind of worries me! I could live with him going to bama but Ole Miss would be a punch in the nuts

Did he met with the Bama baseball coach?

Homedawg
01-31-2016, 05:32 PM

I don't know. I doubt it. It's a moot point. He's not going to play baseball in college anyway. Just a good talking point.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 05:32 PM
The last coaches he is going to talk to before the dead period to signning day is Ole Misses. Stands to reason they would think it's a done deal. This feels like the Chris Jones and Leo Lewis ordeal all over again.

Im thinking MSU will be having the last meeting. Remember, during the dead period coaches can't go see players, but players & their families can go see coaches. Stay tuned.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 05:34 PM
I don't know. I doubt it. It's a moot point. He's not going to play baseball in college anyway. Just a good talking point.

I know but it keeps being brought up like that is the only reason he is not coming to State

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 05:37 PM
Im thinking MSU will be having the last meeting. Remember, during the dead period coaches can't go see players, but players & their families can go see coaches. Stay tuned.

Come on in AJ the door is open for you and your family.

Homedawg
01-31-2016, 05:45 PM
I know but it keeps being brought up like that is the only reason he is not coming to State

And that would be the equivalent to cj Johnson went to ole miss because manny left....bianco, Cohen, joe madden won't play a part in his decision.

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 05:49 PM
Might want to check that Cadaver. Scroll down a bit.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 05:49 PM
And that would be the equivalent to cj Johnson went to ole miss because manny left....bianco, Cohen, joe madden won't play a part in his decision.

Agreed. You hearing better news today on any of the remaining targets? I was encouraged by some earlier reports.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 05:52 PM

Dead period starts tonight at midnight. They can visit the coaches at the university until that point.

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 05:54 PM
I agree but that's not what Cadaver said.

djaymsu5
01-31-2016, 06:41 PM

I have no clue about that. But it makes you wonder because AJ has said I believe that he wants to play baseball and football in college. Well the fact that he hasn't talked to Cohen at all or atleast that what's everybody has said makes me less confident on AJ. I mean we all know or atleast think football is his calling but I've been told he has stated he wants to play both. I guess we will see in a few short days

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure the "quiet" period starts tonight. I misspoke saying "dead" period. Would be hard to place a "dead" period 3 days before signing day, bc players & parents might need face to face contact before making final decisions.

But I may be wrong

msstate7
01-31-2016, 06:47 PM
I have no clue about that. But it makes you wonder because AJ has said I believe that he wants to play baseball and football in college. Well the fact that he hasn't talked to Cohen at all or atleast that what's everybody has said makes me less confident on AJ. I mean we all know or atleast think football is his calling but I've been told he has stated he wants to play both. I guess we will see in a few short days

Did Saban lighten his stance on 2 sports?

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 06:48 PM

Where has he said he wants to play both? If he wants to play baseball in college he would have discussed it with all of the coaches he was visiting. He didn't. Now this week, right before his UNM visit, this keeps being brought up like it is a fact. It's not. He will not be deciding on a school based on baseball. Whatever school he chooses will be about football only. He has talked about not playing school baseball this spring.

klong-dog
01-31-2016, 06:51 PM
So why did he "supposedly" meet with Bianco today

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 06:54 PM
So why did he "supposedly" meet with Bianco today

Bc OM fans knew it would make MSU fans nervous if they said he did

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty sure the "quiet" period starts tonight. I misspoke saying "dead" period. Would be hard to place a "dead" period 3 days before signing day, bc players & parents might need face to face contact before making final decisions.

But I may be wrong

Dead period starts at midnight tonight. Today is a quite period. They can message and phone all they want even after tonight through singing day.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Bc OM fans knew it would make MSU fans nervous if they said he did

Ding Ding Ding. It's a false bread crum. Every year we have to remind people, Yancy has even publicly admitted he will lie about recruiting information to throw off other schools and give out misinformation to stir up fan bases. Bold face out and out said he does this on purpose. Other of their site guys do things as well. They are active recruiters. Y'all think info that comes from UNM is like what we get from Paul. IT IS NOT. That also includes the active agents that post on message boards.

dawgclub99
01-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Just no face to face conversations.

TUSK
01-31-2016, 07:06 PM
Did Saban lighten his stance on 2 sports?

Bigtime.... There are several bigtime cats that participate in multiple sports, now.

MDL has lightened up.... even smiles semi-annually.....

maroonmania
01-31-2016, 08:01 PM

True, he is producing at a certain level to go to decent bowl games, however, a guy with an ego like Dan can't be satisfied with things like getting our asses kicked by UNM two years in a row, never having beaten Saban or really even come that close, and finishing tied for 5th in the West in a year that he had the best QB in the league. I'm not trying to downplay the many great things he has done with our program but I'm thinking realistically that those are all things that would keep a competitive brash guy like Mullen fired up to take another step forward. Sadly, even if you look at our 2014 run of wins over LSU, A&M and Auburn those were wins over good teams but by no means elite teams. So I would hope he gives a rat's ass, not for anyone's approval, but because he knows to move beyond where we are right now and truly be a consistent factor in the SEC our overall talent level does need to go up.

chainedup_Dawg
01-31-2016, 08:23 PM

And then ignore the attrition after signing day they seem to have EVERY year. Really is the same shit different day

djaymsu5
01-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Where has he said he wants to play both? If he wants to play baseball in college he would have discussed it with all of the coaches he was visiting. He didn't. Now this week, right before his UNM visit, this keeps being brought up like it is a fact. It's not. He will not be deciding on a school based on baseball. Whatever school he chooses will be about football only. He has talked about not playing school baseball this spring.

I could be completely wrong but that's just what I was told. Kind of hard to believe that a kid that played in both the Under Armour All-American game in baseball and football wouldn't even want to try it out. Even if he plans to stick with football in the future.

RougeDawg
01-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Wonder who Bucky has lined up for his all nighter phone conversation this year?

Mjoelner34
01-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Wonder who Bucky has lined up for his all nighter phone conversation this year?

If I had my way, a conference call with his agent and his lawyer.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 11:20 PM
Rosebowl saying tonight that we are "third in a 3 team race" with AJ. That both OM & Bama are ahead.

klong-dog
01-31-2016, 11:22 PM
Sickening, if true.

shoeless joe
01-31-2016, 11:22 PM

Unless he lied to me last week he is playing high school baseball this spring. Of course, things can change but that was straight from the horses mouth.

I will stick with what I said several months ago about his recruitment and just hope that I am pleasantly surprised.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 11:23 PM
Sickening, if true.

Yep

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 11:27 PM
Unless he lied to me last week he is playing high school baseball this spring. Of course, things can change but that was straight from the horses mouth.

I will stick with what I said several months ago about his recruitment and just hope that I am pleasantly surprised.

He may have changed recently. That was a little while back and like I said he was talking about not playing. It wasn't anything firm. But baseball is not going to be a deciding factor in where he goes.

ETA. I still think he goes to Bama so this is not a pitch that he is coming here.

RougeDawg
01-31-2016, 11:42 PM
Rosebowl saying tonight that we are "third in a 3 team race" with AJ. That both OM & Bama are ahead.

This is the easiest statement he can twist Coke Wednesday. If we miss he can say "see I told you" and if we land he can go the "we made a strong push at the end." They don't pay their bills without clicks.

Commercecomet24
01-31-2016, 11:51 PM
AJ recruitment been one of the strangest I can remember. He's ours, he's not ours, he's going to Bama, he's going to unm, then we are back in it, then we are third behind Bama and unm. Just all over the place! Does anyone really know what he's gonna do? Maybe only AJ himself.

Bubb Rubb
02-01-2016, 09:38 AM
AJ recruitment been one of the strangest I can remember. He's ours, he's not ours, he's going to Bama, he's going to unm, then we are back in it, then we are third behind Bama and unm. Just all over the place! Does anyone really know what he's gonna do? Maybe only AJ himself.

I know what he's not going to do...and that's sign with State. This is a big time fumble by this staff.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Ask Leo Lewis or Chris Jones.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2016, 09:45 AM
I know what he's not going to do...and that's sign with State. This is a big time fumble by this staff.

It's hard for me to point fingers without knowing all the factors. Hometown kids can sometimes be the hardest to recruit. Other factors come into play that are in play with no other recruits.

Coach007
02-01-2016, 11:16 AM
It's hard for me to point fingers without knowing all the factors. Hometown kids can sometimes be the hardest to recruit. Other factors come into play that are in play with no other recruits.

I'm not saying I told you so... but I did. AJ wants to move away from home.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm not saying I told you so... but I did. AJ wants to move away from home.

Just another excuse.

He's going to be an hour away. It's a garbage excuse for getting outworked. Let's quit trying to polish this turd.

jumbo
02-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Just another excuse.

He's going to be an hour away. It's a garbage excuse for getting outworked. Let's quit trying to polish this turd.

How do you know we've been outworked?

MarketingBully
02-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Just another excuse.

Agreed. We wouldn't lose a kid in another sport that was a Starkville kid. Case in point Tyson Carter. A 4 star kid that had a ton of offers but chose to stay home. Look at the job Howland did landing Malik Newman who supposedly wanted to go out of state. If Mullen would have put in the work on the front end of his recruitment (i.e. much earlier then now) he would have locked them up much earlier and then he would have just had to hold on to them which is much easier. He at least learned from this SNAFU though as he is already recruiting the 2017 juniors harder then he did the 2016 kids to this point.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2016, 12:05 PM
How do you know we've been outworked?

Because there is no other excuse that holds water.