PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott arm Strength question?

99jc
01-31-2016, 08:46 AM
They said on SEC network the scouts questioned Daks arm strength I always thought that Daks arm was great what am I missing that the scouts see....is it the deep outs or what?

Bdawg
01-31-2016, 08:57 AM
He might not have a laser, but he has a more than capable(above average easily) arm. Accuracy, to me, is the name of the game when it comes to NFL QBs. Take accuracy over a laser any day. Hopefully he shows a lot of accuracy at the combine and workouts

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2016, 09:12 AM
Dak's issue is his deep ball

He has plenty of arm strength but his trajectory on the deep ball is subpar and the ball comes out flat. Look at Aaron Rogers two hail Mary's this year and both were moon shots in route to the receiver.

Here's an analogy: in baseball, HR hitters have a swing path that creates loft, but it doesn't mean that they actually hit the ball any harder than line drive hitters who tend to have a more level swing.

JoseBrown
01-31-2016, 09:56 AM
One of the commentators, not coach, was asked to critique Dak. He said his arm strength and pocket awareness were two things. Then mumbled something about getting through his progressions and reading defenses, because he didn't have to in college...

But then went on to say he had very good command of his huddle, good body language and was a leader. Then said he asked Jason Garrett what was important to him this week evaluating qb's. Said command of huddle, getting out of the huddle quickly and being a good leader of his teammates. Said he could fix the rest.

But that was during one of the practices I was watching, may have been their second practice. The arm strength comment sounded like he was reading off a scouting report or something. But I think I agree with Shotgun, that may come from not lofting his long passes enough, maybe he threw them too flat or something...

confucius say
01-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Mike mayock disagrees. Says his arm strength is fine for nfl.

Bdawg
01-31-2016, 10:29 AM
One of the commentators, not coach, was asked to critique Dak. He said his arm strength and pocket awareness were two things. Then mumbled something about getting through his progressions and reading defenses, because he didn't have to in college...

But then went on to say he had very good command of his huddle, good body language and was a leader. Then said he asked Jason Garrett what was important to him this week evaluating qb's. Said command of huddle, getting out of the huddle quickly and being a good leader of his teammates. Said he could fix the rest.

But that was during one of the practices I was watching, may have been their second practice. The arm strength comment sounded like he was reading off a scouting report or something. But I think I agree with Shotgun, that may come from not lofting his long passes enough, maybe he threw them too flat or something...
Looks to me like Dak went through his progressions fine this year for us. People kept saying over and over he was getting to his third and fourth option this year as opposed to the year before

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 11:09 AM
Dam is sneaking up draft boards for sure, I still see him as a 3rd rounder. Can't wait to see him on and NFL field.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 11:17 AM
He doesn't have the arm strength of a Favre, Newton, Rodgers, etc... But neither does Brees or Wilson.

His height, his top end arm strength, and his ability to see the whole field at one time are the only possible knocks on him. He's got everything else you need to be successful. So if someone is asked to critique him, they're not going to have a long list to pull from.

mcain31
01-31-2016, 11:39 AM
They said that Dan couldn't consistently drive the ball downfield like the coaches wanted. I think he'll do well at the Combine