PDA

View Full Version : Best Liners of the NM Investigation

Brando
01-31-2016, 03:07 AM
So, I have been really slow at work here the last couple nights and ventured onto some other sights to look at what some of the idiot ass NM people are saying about this whole investiagtion of theirs. Here is the best ones I have come across. Feel free to add to them...
- The title of their upcoming ESP 30 for 30 "Turns Out they Can't Win while cheating either"
- Ole Miss attempted to cliff dive without realizing that -- ideally -- there should generally be water at the target landing area.
- I know we cheat in recruiting. I'm just saying the NCAA doesnt have any hard evidence of it under Freeze
- Because it's the NCAA. They investigated us for 3 years and only found 5 violations
- Only 5 violations found in a three year investigation. I'm not too concerned
- We can't all eat Red Lobster (Dont understand this one very much, maybe someone can help me out)
- (So your saying Freeeze wont take the pedal off the floor board next yr?)I agree. Fire and brimstone for MSU. He will judge them for their past transgressions. karma is a bitch
- From what what I'm hearing, our coaches and a former MSU assistant had mutual respect for each other and a gentleman's agreement to leave each other alone. That assistant is no longer there, so the gloves have come off, so to speak. All they've done is piss of the man who was sitting on a bunch of information about their program. I'm not trying to pull a Peaches and say that "It" is coming, I'm just saying don't be surprised if the NCAA starts to look a little deeper into the recruitment of Chris Jones.
- What's telling us how big and widespread our pool of haters has become. We've gone nationwide, which puts us in some elite company, like FSU, Ohio State, and Bama.

That means we are doing something right.

- Word is things are looking good with AJ right now. He may even give a private commitment to the coaches before leaving tomorrow.
- It IS in State's interest for us to be in trouble, and if it's all about Saunders, then they are in the same boat. The point is: They don't give a runny, stinky Dak if the boat sinks and they drown, as long as we drown with them.

Dawgowar
01-31-2016, 08:28 AM
They can say all they want. We were cleared of the outrageous stuff they leveled on Jackie. It didn't lessen the penalties for the things we did do. It's predictable that they all are suddenly in the know. Defense mechanisms. The phrase or insinuation 'Everybody cheats" in these circumstances is nothing more than the assumption of the fetal position. Focusing on the penalties is fine but I would suggest seeing them stew in a protracted completion of each investigation is more fun. Sooner or later they have to also acknowledge this is ongoing. Right now they are only focused on signing day. I agree with others this will have a small if any impact this year. Essentially, this signing day is like the fire department rescuing your car from the garage before the rest of your property is destroyed. Your joy is going to be short-lived.

There is nothing about this process that serves any university for the good. We all held to rumors about our own situation not being that bad. We grabbed every rumor we could to make us feel like the inevitable would not crush us. All the while the program began to collapse under the weight of the situation. When the three years of BS was up we had lost all our talent, lost discipline, missed on other players to the point our bowl ban was almost merciful. Enjoy watching them sweat.

Drugs Delaney
01-31-2016, 10:21 AM
From what what I'm hearing, our coaches and a former MSU assistant had mutual respect for each other and a gentleman's agreement to leave each other alone. That assistant is no longer there, so the gloves have come off, so to speak. All they've done is piss of the man who was sitting on a bunch of information about their program. I'm not trying to pull a Peaches and say that "It" is coming, I'm just saying don't be surprised if the NCAA starts to look a little deeper into the recruitment of Chris Jones................Careful what they wish for. I know a person who was at the library that night. He has been interviewed no less than ten times during this investigation.

Dawgowar
01-31-2016, 10:40 AM
From what what I'm hearing, our coaches and a former MSU assistant had mutual respect for each other and a gentleman's agreement to leave each other alone. That assistant is no longer there, so the gloves have come off, so to speak. All they've done is piss of the man who was sitting on a bunch of information about their program. I'm not trying to pull a Peaches and say that "It" is coming, I'm just saying don't be surprised if the NCAA starts to look a little deeper into the recruitment of Chris Jones................Careful what they wish for. I know a person who was at the library that night. He has been interviewed no less than ten times during this investigation.

Chris Jones has already been directly involved with NCAA. That's a well known fact. His interview is likely part of round two as this investigation. Nothing new here. In fact Chris was likely one of the ones used when Dan started pushing back on TSUN's use of 'flipped recruits' to influence one or two from our class.

Terry Bowden, a long time ago, described NCAA Football Recruiting best on 'Conference Call' - there is a code, if you stay within the code nobody turns you in. Get outside the code and it gets ugly fast. It was in the same interview he spoke of the Derrick Ramsey case - he had been fired at Auburn, and that $25K (199-something) was no issue to the boosters he knew. Those words have always stuck in my head.

Have a coworker that has put two sons and a daughter into DI athletics, all were recruited by Power 5 and lower level conferences. He coached HS and AAU as well. Several of the kids on his teams are recognizable names in the NFL and NBA. He will tell you the truth that every school that ever contacted him about his own kids or any of his team offered inducements. Not a news flash but it goes back to the point Bowden made - there is a code and TSUN has not only routinely violated it with MSU and anyone else they deem unworthy, they have rubbed our faces in it. The NCAA does not get into State squabbles (save for huge states like Texas and California) When the Bears pissed on Saban, Richt, and company's cornflakes the beast woke up.

The old adage 'Never F-up on a slow news day' seems to be in play slightly modified.

'Never be the school that screws up after the NCAA has taken prolonged bad pub on being credible' - and since the real big boys turned the Bears in the NCAA has no worries about the SEC threatening to leave if the NCAA drops the hammer.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 10:49 AM
Lmao. If they look into Chris Jones, it would be terrible news for OM.

No clue if it's legit or not, but some people said the allegations may have to do with a lot of gift cards to red lobster. I don't know if it was a joke or serious.

Brando
01-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Ahhh thats where the Red Lobster comes from. I have been seeing on their side, but didnt know. Its fun going through their shit. Those guys are nuts!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-31-2016, 02:12 PM
I believe the NCAA HAS interviewed Chris Jones. We were not allowed representation in the in the interview. That means we were not involved in what they were talking about. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who they were looking at.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 02:19 PM
I believe the NCAA HAS interviewed Chris Jones. We were not allowed representation in the in the interview. That means we were not involved in what they were talking about. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who they were looking at.

That is correct.

Op4isabitch
01-31-2016, 02:21 PM
I know Sean (shitface) Thouy owns Taco Bells and Pizza Huts, does he own any Red Lobsters?

TUSK
01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Chris Jones has already been directly involved with NCAA. That's a well known fact. His interview is likely part of round two as this investigation. Nothing new here. In fact Chris was likely one of the ones used when Dan started pushing back on TSUN's use of 'flipped recruits' to influence one or two from our class.

Terry Bowden, a long time ago, described NCAA Football Recruiting best on 'Conference Call' - there is a code, if you stay within the code nobody turns you in. Get outside the code and it gets ugly fast. It was in the same interview he spoke of the Derrick Ramsey case - he had been fired at Auburn, and that $25K (199-something) was no issue to the boosters he knew. Those words have always stuck in my head.

Have a coworker that has put two sons and a daughter into DI athletics, all were recruited by Power 5 and lower level conferences. He coached HS and AAU as well. Several of the kids on his teams are recognizable names in the NFL and NBA. He will tell you the truth that every school that ever contacted him about his own kids or any of his team offered inducements. Not a news flash but it goes back to the point Bowden made - there is a code and TSUN has not only routinely violated it with MSU and anyone else they deem unworthy, they have rubbed our faces in it. The NCAA does not get into State squabbles (save for huge states like Texas and California) When the Bears pissed on Saban, Richt, and company's cornflakes the beast woke up.

The old adage 'Never F-up on a slow news day' seems to be in play slightly modified.

'Never be the school that screws up after the NCAA has taken prolonged bad pub on being credible' - and since the real big boys turned the Bears in the NCAA has no worries about the SEC threatening to leave if the NCAA drops the hammer.

Yup... DOW is dead nuts on...

it was "Eric" Ramsey, though... otherwise, smokin' post... I was actually a "guest caller" on CC a couple times way back when....

Todd4State
01-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Lmao. If they look into Chris Jones, it would be terrible news for OM.

No clue if it's legit or not, but some people said the allegations may have to do with a lot of gift cards to red lobster. I don't know if it was a joke or serious.

Does this mean I have to boycott Red Lobster in addition to Outback Steakhouse?**

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2016, 04:11 PM
Does this mean I have to boycott Red Lobster in addition to Outback Steakhouse?**

Impossible. Outstanding biscuits

grinnindawg
01-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Excellent post.

Terry Bowden gave the best synopsis of recruiting I've ever heard when he and Tim Brando where on Finebaum together.
I'd like to hear his take on this scandal.

It was the week the Means story broke. Brando pontificated for several minutes about how "There's no way some one paid $150k for a high school kid."
I'm not exaggerating, it was minutes.

At the end. Terry Bowden said, "I believe it." Dead silence for several seconds.

He then went on a several minute description of why Defensive Tackles are the most prized recruits.
A list of positions that are most difficult to get, and why they commanded the highest prices.
It was fascinating. If I remember correctly, QB was 4th. DT, CB, OT, QB, ....

Essentially laid out what you said. Nobody is squeaky clean, but some folks are getting out of hand.
You could tell he knew more than he was saying.
History repeating itself.