PDA

View Full Version : NOW HEAR THIS!! Sanctions happen for violations of prior regimes

PassInterference
01-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Rebels seem to think they are off the hook for acts of previous staff. That is far from the case. In fact, NCAA history would imply it does't matter if the violations happened under the current staff or previous staff. See below:

EXHIBIT A
=======

Dubose coached Alabama from 1997-2000.

February-November 2000: Albert Means signs with Mike Dubose's Alabama Crimson Tide and plays for the Tide during the 2000 season.

October 2000: Mike Dubose resigns (or is fired) from Alabama.

November 2000: Dennis Franchione is hired as hired as head coach for Alabama. He will serve through 2002.

February 2001: Alabama receives a preliminary letter of inquiry from the NCAA.

August 2001: Federal grand jurors in Memphis indict former Trezevant High School head coach Lynn Lang and former assistant Milton Kirk on charges of trying to sell Albert Means to seven schools.

Sept. 6, 2001: Alabama receives official notice of alleged rules violations from NCAA.

Feb. 2, 2002: Alabama football receives five years probation, including a two-year postseason ban, because of a recruiting scandal in which boosters were accused of paying money for prep players. All for violations committed by the staff of a former head coach.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_DuBose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29055703.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bama-hires-tcus-franchione/

EXHIBIT B
=======

2001: Pete Carroll becomes head coach at USC.

2004: USC wins a national championship with Reggie Bush, who also wins the Heisman.

2009: Pete Carroll resigns as head coach

2010: Lane Kiffin hired as USC head coach

June 2010: USC recieves a 2 year bowl ban, 4 years probation, loses 30 scholarships over 3 years, and vacates 14 wins all for Reggie Bush's 2004 season 6 years prior under a different head coach.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_football_seasons
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5272615

Statecoachingblows**
01-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Dear rebel bearsharks

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/****_you

parabrave
01-30-2016, 09:15 PM
Most of SMUs violation occurred before Bobby Collins arrived there.

Hattdawg
01-30-2016, 09:18 PM
So you're telling me there's a chance.

DancingRabbit
01-30-2016, 09:47 PM
Your Honor we petition the court to dismiss all charges for the following reasons:

- Yes, OM allegedly cheated but points should be awarded for concealing this alleged cheating successfully.
- Yes, OM lied about allegedly cheating but was masterful in their deception and deflection for years.
- Please acknowledge OM's deft use of religion, sanctimony and righteous indignation as diversionary tactics.
- OM should be admired for their ability to intimidate and silence reporters. Your Honor, we have powerful connections.
- While OM doesn't admit to any of these allegations, your Honor knows everybody does it.

Your Honor, obviously we have already suffered enough. We request that you dismiss all charges.

MedDawg
01-30-2016, 10:01 PM

jbjones
01-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Your Honor we petition the court to dismiss all charges for the following reasons:

- Yes, OM allegedly cheated but points should be awarded for concealing this alleged cheating successfully.
- Yes, OM lied about allegedly cheating but was masterful in their deception and deflection for years.
- Please acknowledge OM's deft use of religion, sanctimony and righteous indignation as diversionary tactics.
- OM should be admired for their ability to intimidate and silence reporters. Your Honor, we have powerful connections.
- While OM doesn't admit to any of these allegations, your Honor knows everybody does it.

Your Honor, obviously we have already suffered enough. We request that you dismiss all charges.

State dahsmisses ahll chahgahss..

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/juryx/files/2015/03/vinny-dismiss-all-charges.jpg

/I read that in this dude's voice, ha!

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 10:10 PM
I'm a rabid USC fan. My wife's uncle played for them for Pete's sake. They hammered the crap out of the Trojens long after Reggie and Pete left. Are the Confederates just stupid or are they willfully ignorant?

Sacrifice
01-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Probably goes back to when Freeze was the RC on the previous staff in 06-07.

starkvegasdawg
01-30-2016, 10:26 PM
State dahsmisses ahll chahgahss..

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/juryx/files/2015/03/vinny-dismiss-all-charges.jpg

/I read that in this dude's voice, ha!

blacklistedbully
01-31-2016, 10:02 AM
They are counting on the NCAA's 4 year statute of limitations. What most don't realize is there are exceptions that allow for consideration past 4 years, and they almost assuredly will be in this case.

The NCAA's four-year statute of limitations doesn't apply when there is a pattern of willful violations that continues into the past four years.

BSME04
01-31-2016, 10:08 AM
So help me out, does the 4 years start from the date of the NOA or notice of investigation? If it is the NOA, and they are including allegations further back than 4 years in this NOA, doesn't that mean they are screwed?

BSME04
01-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Nevermind. I just saw your other post.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 10:58 AM

Sadly, the use of religion as a diversion line made me laugh. What a freaking creepy guy.

TrapGame
01-31-2016, 11:55 AM
But...but...Hugh is not involved whatsoever because my facebook friends are sharing the articles from sbnation, forever ole miss and redcuprebellion proving the good reverend's innocence. So they say it'll be a slap on the wrist since it was all on that vile and dastardly Houston Nutt.***

Oh, this is gonna get so good as the rest unfolds.

PassInterference
01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
That the NOA story broke right before NSD says the NCAA doesn't mind crappies my on Ole Miss. It could even mean they are determined to crap on Old Miss - which wouldn't be surprising due to the middle finger in the air attitude Ole Miss has had towards the NCAA.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm a rabid USC fan. My wife's uncle played for them for Pete's sake. They hammered the crap out of the Trojens long after Reggie and Pete left. Are the Confederates just stupid or are they willfully ignorant?

They are worried as hell and coming up with anything that makes them feel safer.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 02:56 PM
They are worried as hell and coming up with anything that makes them feel safer.

If the NCAA had an investigation that spanned more than half a decade, across at least 3 sports, and had already issued an 8-year show cause to our former Associate Athletics Director for Recruiting for academic fraud, I'd be scared to death about what's about to happen.

They don't realize their "it's not bad" line is going to hurt them even worse in the long run. Their raising expectations and when it comes crashing down they will lose a significant portion of their fans' continued interest. Those guys who pay money to scout to get lied to will wake up. It will be a day of reckoning, the likes of which have never been seen in the SEC.

PREDICTION: This will be the most harsh sanctions ever handed down to any SEC school. And I truly believe that it may be 2nd only to SMU. Politically, the NCAA has no choice. It's either the end of the NCAA or the end of Ole Miss's recruiting tactics. Which one you think the NCAA is going to choose?

RougeDawg
01-31-2016, 03:05 PM

I'll go with D) all of the above. Final answer.

Churchill
01-31-2016, 03:07 PM
PREDICTION: This will be the most harsh sanctions ever handed down to any SEC school. And I truly believe that it may be 2nd only to SMU. Politically, the NCAA has no choice. It's either the end of the NCAA or the end of Ole Miss's recruiting tactics. Which one you think the NCAA is going to choose?[/QUOTE]

God I hope you`re right. I`ve been thinking the same thing but given what I`ve witnessed these people apparently getting away with for years now, one just has to wonder if the NCAA is even still open for business.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Well, unfortunately for the plantation, the NCAA is the one that gets to choose whether they're open for business.

Dawgowar
01-31-2016, 03:21 PM
If the NCAA had an investigation that spanned more than half a decade, across at least 3 sports, and had already issued an 8-year show cause to our former Associate Athletics Director for Recruiting for academic fraud, I'd be scared to death about what's about to happen.

They don't realize their "it's not bad" line is going to hurt them even worse in the long run. Their raising expectations and when it comes crashing down they will lose a significant portion of their fans' continued interest. Those guys who pay money to scout to get lied to will wake up. It will be a day of reckoning, the likes of which have never been seen in the SEC.

PREDICTION: This will be the most harsh sanctions ever handed down to any SEC school. And I truly believe that it may be 2nd only to SMU. Politically, the NCAA has no choice. It's either the end of the NCAA or the end of Ole Miss's recruiting tactics. Which one you think the NCAA is going to choose?

There are a few things that should make them run hiding under their beds right now. First, as you imply the NCAA is seen as an inept Sheriff of all things College Athletics. They are more ineffective than a Bangkok traffic cop. TSUN's demise is good pub with minimal damage - small market state,

Second, right or wrong there is a huge anti-SEC sentiment to boot. Who would the conference rather see hang, one of the 6 teams that has actually won a conference title in the last forty or fifty years, OR a challenger to that order? Personally I think the SEC sits around trying to figure out how to restore us, TSUN, USCe, Arkansas and Kentucky to not aspiring to football championships and accepting our rightful place as homecoming fodder. TSUN is deluded by a past glory that is mostly contrived - 'Southern Dixie Sportswriters National Title Bar & Grill Football Championship'. They make a great target (as would we or the Gamecocks), big enough to seem like they took someone down but not relevant to the established order. When they sober to that reality their will need to a collective heimlich maneuver on TSUN nation. Lots of Chicken tenders gonna be spit up with bad booze. That moment when they realize they are not viewed as anything special beyond their own bathroom mirrors and fraternity circle jerks. They don't do humble to well.

Third - in the words of Govenor Lepetimane in Blazing Saddles - "Gentlemen, we have to save our phoney-balonee-y jobs!" , TSUN h as touched the only thing that the NCAA has to pretend to care about - Academic Integrity. As this is a two part investigation having step one being the most dangerous charge will only make the second investigation that much harder to minimize.

Fourth - if widespread Academic fraud exists, forget athletics - they could find their accreditation on the line. Remember how Bobby Lowder and company jeopardized Auburn's academic status? That was just over arranging courses to benefit athletics if memory serves, not even fraud.

Food for thought.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-31-2016, 04:14 PM
There are a few things that should make them run hiding under their beds right now. First, as you imply the NCAA is seen as an inept Sheriff of all things College Athletics. They are more ineffective than a Bangkok traffic cop. TSUN's demise is good pub with minimal damage - small market state,

Second, right or wrong there is a huge anti-SEC sentiment to boot. Who would the conference rather see hang, one of the 6 teams that has actually won a conference title in the last forty or fifty years, OR a challenger to that order? Personally I think the SEC sits around trying to figure out how to restore us, TSUN, USCe, Arkansas and Kentucky to not aspiring to football championships and accepting our rightful place as homecoming fodder. TSUN is deluded by a past glory that is mostly contrived - 'Southern Dixie Sportswriters National Title Bar & Grill Football Championship'. They make a great target (as would we or the Gamecocks), big enough to seem like they took someone down but not relevant to the established order. When they sober to that reality their will need to a collective heimlich maneuver on TSUN nation. Lots of Chicken tenders gonna be spit up with bad booze. That moment when they realize they are not viewed as anything special beyond their own bathroom mirrors and fraternity circle jerks. They don't do humble to well.

Third - in the words of Govenor Lepetimane in Blazing Saddles - "Gentlemen, we have to save our phoney-balonee-y jobs!" , TSUN h as touched the only thing that the NCAA has to pretend to care about - Academic Integrity. As this is a two part investigation having step one being the most dangerous charge will only make the second investigation that much harder to minimize.

Fourth - if widespread Academic fraud exists, forget athletics - they could find their accreditation on the line. Remember how Bobby Lowder and company jeopardized Auburn's academic status? That was just over arranging courses to benefit athletics if memory serves, not even fraud.

Food for thought.

A follow-on to your second point; the Bears pissed off several of that group of six off with their crootin shenanigans and then rubbed their noses in it on NSD '13. Coupled with this isn't the Slive regime with a goal to keep member institutions out of NCAA scrutiny. Unlike our last go around with the NCAA and auburn's $cam Newton affair, the Bears are going to find themselves without any SEC protection. Those assholes are gonna have to walk this green mile alone.

ETA: excellent post BTW.

StThierry
01-31-2016, 04:28 PM

Food for thought.

Totally Agree!

Reason2succeed
01-31-2016, 04:38 PM
I've been saying one year death penalty. No one wants to believe the NCAA has the balls to do it but the prior post made the argument. If the NCAA doesn't nail them then every program is going full rogue.

OM acts like anyone outside of their fanbase would miss them if they got hammered. Their "national notoriety" will actually work against them this time because it makes them a far better target for the NCAA. They are virtually nobody but they will make a good splash on headlines because they have built themselves up to be all that. Big Ten fan will feel fully vindicated while the SEC isn't really phased.

I went to SMU for grad school and I have seen their decimated program first hand. It ain't pretty. They have homecoming parade down the "Boulevard" (their grove) and then no one goes to the game. The only thing that will help OM recover is being in the SEC but they will be relegated to Vandy status forever.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
01-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Damn I Hope the NCAA drops a Bomb on there ASS!http://bestanimations.com/Military/Explosions/explosion-animated-gif-40.gif

DancingRabbit
01-31-2016, 05:19 PM
I've been saying one year death penalty. No one wants to believe the NCAA has the balls to do it but the prior post made the argument. If the NCAA doesn't nail them then every program is going full rogue.

I just don't see this happening. Only way I could remotely see it is if they have been total dickheads to the enforcement staff, and still that would shock me if it happened. I expect something similar to what USC got.

Dawgowar
01-31-2016, 06:12 PM
I just don't see this happening. Only way I could remotely see it is if they have been total dickheads to the enforcement staff, and still that would shock me if it happened. I expect something similar to what USC got.

UNC will tell us how harsh the NCAA is willing to be on a 'big boy' - and again, their confessed phony course that saw thousands of student athletes and regular students get course credit for a class that did not exist - was decreed by the NCAA to be an INDUCEMENT matter, not an Academic Fraud issue (if you google it the date of that nugget was about 5 December) . That they are sticking to Academic Fraud on TSUN over something nearing the "TSUN decreed statute of limitations" is telling, Saunders must have absolutely gutted them when interviewed. If he made allegations that were verified and TSUN then lied about them - oh my. Oh my.

If the NCAA is serious this time then take a moment and smile. TSUN's tactics of delay, dodge and not cooperate will only make the NCAA more pissed off. Please TSUN, sue, counter sue, hide evidence, do it! You have been wrongfully manipulated into looking the bad guy while trying to give neglected five star athletes a hand up in life! Please, fight the NCAA!

Coach34
01-31-2016, 06:18 PM
They will get something worse than ULL got- but they aren't getting the death penalty. The NCAA said never again after SMU

IMissJack
01-31-2016, 06:23 PM
They will get something worse than ULL got- but they aren't getting the death penalty. The NCAA said never again after SMU
I just hope the NCAA discipline committee doesn't get OM and MSU confused when they start the penalty phase. Hopefully they did not intern at ESPN**.

PassInterference
01-31-2016, 06:24 PM
For those keep ok score at home, ULL got 11 ships over 3 years, 2 years probation, did vacated a season.

Ole Miss will get substantially more than that.

Mjoelner34
01-31-2016, 06:29 PM
For those keep ok score at home, ULL got 11 ships over 3 years, 2 years probation, did vacated a season.

Ole Miss will get substantially more than that.

And that's just from the 1st letter. Right?

Churchill
01-31-2016, 06:35 PM
If you read about the years leading up to their death penalty they were some brazen sons of bitches. They had been put on probation 5 times in the 12 years leading up their destruction in 86. The bad part is they had probably done no more than NM has done in the last 8 years or so. Back then the NCAA was a serious enforcement agency.....lately not so much. I hope they`ve relocated their balls.

TUSK
01-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Rebels seem to think they are off the hook for acts of previous staff. That is far from the case. In fact, NCAA history would imply it does't matter if the violations happened under the current staff or previous staff. See below:

EXHIBIT A
=======

Dubose coached Alabama from 1997-2000.

February-November 2000: Albert Means signs with Mike Dubose's Alabama Crimson Tide and plays for the Tide during the 2000 season.

October 2000: Mike Dubose resigns (or is fired) from Alabama.

November 2000: Dennis Franchione is hired as hired as head coach for Alabama. He will serve through 2002.

February 2001: Alabama receives a preliminary letter of inquiry from the NCAA.

August 2001: Federal grand jurors in Memphis indict former Trezevant High School head coach Lynn Lang and former assistant Milton Kirk on charges of trying to sell Albert Means to seven schools.

Sept. 6, 2001: Alabama receives official notice of alleged rules violations from NCAA.

Feb. 2, 2002: Alabama football receives five years probation, including a two-year postseason ban, because of a recruiting scandal in which boosters were accused of paying money for prep players. All for violations committed by the staff of a former head coach.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_DuBose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29055703.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bama-hires-tcus-franchione/

EXHIBIT B
=======

2001: Pete Carroll becomes head coach at USC.

2004: USC wins a national championship with Reggie Bush, who also wins the Heisman.

2009: Pete Carroll resigns as head coach

2010: Lane Kiffin hired as USC head coach

June 2010: USC recieves a 2 year bowl ban, 4 years probation, loses 30 scholarships over 3 years, and vacates 14 wins all for Reggie Bush's 2004 season 6 years prior under a different head coach.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_football_seasons
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5272615

I tried to get this conveyed earlier... you did a much, much better job... kudos!

TUSK
01-31-2016, 07:12 PM

No, but they damn sure wagged their finger at Bammer while threatening with it...

If they (the NCAA) are looking to regain any credibility, OM is the optimal sacrificial lamb...

Dawgowar
01-31-2016, 07:19 PM
No, but they damn sure wagged their finger at Bammer while threatening with it...

If they (the NCAA) are looking to regain any credibility, OM is the optimal sacrificial lamb...

15-20 schollies, that's a class and that will set them back five years. Can't use old tactics to rebuild. 3-4 years, five scholarships a year. Zero misses allowed because attrition alone will reduce you another five - seven.

TUSK
01-31-2016, 08:52 PM
15-20 schollies, that's a class and that will set them back five years. Can't use old tactics to rebuild. 3-4 years, five scholarships a year. Zero misses allowed because attrition alone will reduce you another five - seven.

You're right... 5/yr would bury a program like OM.... just 3/yr would be borderline paralytic...

Reason2succeed
01-31-2016, 09:15 PM

Can you find that in writing because everything I'm seeing says otherwise? The NCAA was dished out the death penalty several times in lower divisions with the most recent occurrence being back in 2005. In recent code that someone posted on an ED thread it said that the death penalty could be leveled due to willful negligence or something like that.

parabrave
01-31-2016, 11:45 PM

OM acts like anyone outside of their fanbase would miss them if they got hammered. Their "national notoriety" will actually work against them this time because it makes them a far better target for the NCAA. They are virtually nobody but they will make a good splash on headlines because they have built themselves up to be all that. Big Ten fan will feel fully vindicated while the SEC isn't really phased.

I went to SMU for grad school and I have seen their decimated program first hand. It ain't pretty. They have homecoming parade down the "Boulevard" (their grove) and then no one goes to the game. The only thing that will help OM recover is being in the SEC but they will be relegated to Vandy status forever.

Well they always wanted to be the HARVARD OF THE SOUTH now they might get their chance.

yjnkdawg
02-01-2016, 12:09 AM
But...but...Hugh is not involved whatsoever because my facebook friends are sharing the articles from sbnation, forever ole miss and redcuprebellion proving the good reverend's innocence. So they say it'll be a slap on the wrist since it was all on that vile and dastardly Houston Nutt.***

Oh, this is gonna get so good as the rest unfolds.

Guess they need to wait for the rest of the story and buckle their seatbelts for a very bumpy ride.

yjnkdawg
02-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Delete

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Don't think they'll get the death penalty but would like to see 18 scholarships lost over a 3 years period, 3 year bowl ban, vacate all games played by ineligible players and 5 years probation.

LeakyD
02-01-2016, 06:58 AM
OM spin doctors are saying it's all minor and very little involved with Freeze tenure. Well, everyone suspects they've been throwing everything at top recruits. We KNOW that Tunsil has been nailed for driving "loaner" cars and receiving interest free loans. Now the whole fan base is saying Bjork wouldn't be in charge of a program that cheats. That's already proven false.

Bottom line, if OM knew they were being investigated, would they not monitor their top players when they're driving a different new car every month. Absolutely not, because they were already aware of it. Bjork has no option to other than to stand with Freeze because everyone in the program is involved up to their ears. Bjork has even extended Freeze with a raise knowing this was coming. This is the band playing on the Titantic while the ship sinks. You will hear nothing but sunshine from them until the guillotine snaps off their head. It will be a long, drawn out process, but it will be ugly for them in the end.