PDA

View Full Version : Baseball scrimmage today

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 08:34 PM
Watched two innings so now I'm an expert on this team, ha! I liked how much bigger and taller as a group we looked, not a bunch of midgets anymore.

Hunter Stovall fan already, very hard hit single to left and goo glove and arm too.
Robson hit the ball hard, he was in leadoff where he should be.

Luke Reynolds is well built but had a bad at bat, Tatum had him way off balance with off speed stuff.

Luke Alexander been lifting weights too, nice pop in BP.

Elih Marrero should catch every game IMO, we finally have a natural born catcher again, so important.

My choices for infielders (2nd 3rd and SS) after watching them take ground balls and watching a few innings would be these four, Stovall, Reynolds, Alexander and Holland.

Cole Gordon gapshot to opposite field with power, huge muscle bound looking dude.

Daniel Brown is throwing harder than last year and sharp break on curve ball, ump squeezed the zone on him big time imo.

I prefer Collins to Dh mostly and Humphreys played 1st base some.

That's all I got from watching a little BP, infield and two innings but the main takeaway for me was we are bigger guys as a team which I am glad to see.

Todd4State
01-30-2016, 08:56 PM
Stovall had the only hard hit ball off of Dakota Hudson yesterday too. Pretty impressive for a freshman. Kruger has an arm injury which may mean Marrero starts.

Reynolds had an error in the field today which cost his team some runs. Give me Collins at third right now.

Lots of good competition right now.

Backwoodsdawg
01-31-2016, 09:39 AM
When you see it for yourself you understand why I have said some of the thing I've said on here about some of the freshman. I think Stovall tends to get overlooked I somewhat because of his size but Cohen hit it on the head on the Head to Head radio show the other day...he said he's a little guy with a lot of power, speed, and has a great arm. He would know he watches him everyday. The thing too outside of just talent is his ,Alexander's, Morerro's and even Jake magnum's level of confidence and desire as freshman. It's like they work beyond hard even in warmup's and pregame. Really shows that they love the game and this team to me.

Schultzy
01-31-2016, 09:51 AM
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/16800/pdf/bb/13016Box.pdf?&&&&&&SPSID=90857&SPID=10993&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=16800

Collins hit a home run after I left, maybe this team will hit more this season.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/16800/pdf/bb/12916Box.pdf?&&&&&SPSID=90857&SPID=10993&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=16800

Box scores