PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss' next lie will be

cheewgumm
01-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Once this comes out, is that this marks the end. That there is no other investigation and this kind of proves that this is all there is and its stuff they already knew about.

Question is will media let them get away with it? I think thy will.

State fans will looking like we're crying wolf until the next round comes out.

Mutt the Hoople
01-30-2016, 05:37 PM
olemiss is the reason the State of Mississippi stays last in all positive categories.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2016, 06:02 PM
Once this comes out, is that this marks the end. That there is no other investigation and this kind of proves that this is all there is and its stuff they already knew about.

Question is will media let them get away with it? I think thy will.

State fans will looking like we're crying wolf until the next round comes out.

The problem with OM saying it is over, if actually isn't, it seems would make the NCAA pretty upset. Can't believe they would make that statement, unless they knew for a fact the investigation was over, but you never know. There is a good bit of rumbling that it isn't over, unless one has OM as their source of info. I don't think the media will cause them much problem, if any, especially our local news outlets.

EAVdog
01-30-2016, 06:05 PM
The NCAA is going to punish Ole Miss even if it takes 10 years. Take my word on that. They will not get away from this.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2016, 06:12 PM
Save all these articles playing down the severity of this situation. OM invented moving the goal posts.

MetEdDawg
01-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Go back and look at Bjork's statement. Said this is just another step in the process of dealing with the NCAA. Means they aren't done and there is more to come without him actually laying that out.

Will they get away with that? Yes, in the short term. But everyone knows this isn't the end. The question is just how long it takes. I personally am cool with it happening this way. Means they can't move on and will have to live longer with round two hanging over their heads, which means they will have to spend considerable time and resources spinning the message. We should get a very accurate representation of what public figures Ole Miss has control of during this process. And we get to hammer them for that. I'm looking forward to this period of time.

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Now that this is out the longer it drags on the worse it is for them. Remember what happened to JWS? He was never implicated in anything and the actual sanctions really weren't that bad. It was the three years of it being endlessly speculated about by the Mississippi media that really ruined him. Of course the Confederates don't have to worry about that.

Tbaen
01-30-2016, 06:39 PM
As an old 80's/90's State guy, I think I can say with confidence what the next lie will be.

After all, we've already heard, "It'll only hurt for a little while" and "They'll only put the head of it in." So......some of y'all know what they're driving toward, that last one...

Martianlander
01-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Bjork would bail to another school if he could. IMO

sleepy dawg
01-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Is there any proof that more could be coming, or is it just "sources"? I would certainly like to have an article to point to to show people that I'm not just making stuff up? Anything remote proof at all, other than message board banter, would be appreciated. I have googled, but haven't had any luck.