PDA

View Full Version : Barton Simmons "Sounds like it's gonna be a heck of an#OleMiss*v*#Bama*battle..

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 03:54 PM
"Sounds like it's gonna be a heck of an#OleMiss*v*#Bama*battle down the finish for AJ Brown:*247sports.com/Bolt/AJ-Brown-?"

2:10pm*- 30 Jan 16

GreenheadDawg
01-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Is this shit ever gonna end?

RIdog
01-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Is this shit ever gonna end?

4 more days .

msstate7
01-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Well our recruiting sites have conceded him already... I just hope we can hold on to farrar

GreenheadDawg
01-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Well our recruiting sites have conceded him already... I just hope we can hold on to farrar

Pathetic

starkvegasdawg
01-30-2016, 04:04 PM
He signs with us...great. If not then I'll take our current roster at wr any day of the week.

Tripp McNeely
01-30-2016, 04:05 PM
He ain't going to om...he's creating hype...he might go to Bama...but he ain't going to om

maroonmania
01-30-2016, 04:10 PM
What I can't really understand is the MSU snub down the stretch. On the surface, it really looks like we somehow botched the recruitment of AJ and if that is the case, at some point after signing day I would like to understand what the heck happened. I mean we just put 2 WRs on the 1st and 2nd ALL-SEC team, a spot is wide open for him even as a true freshman and he won't give us the time of day? Something just is not right with that for a guy this close to our program.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
What changed with him all of a sudden? Or is this just BS?

GumpDawg
I mean I don't know the kid and good for him wherever he goes, but the way this has been played out I doubt he gets a very warm welcome home anytime soon. Locals tend over react with these deals.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm looking forward to this answer as well...

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Guys, I appreciate the concern and I'm not trying to pump sunshine but the OM side of this equation is 100% driven by OM. Not one single source or person close to AJ believes he's going to OM - ZERO. This formula is so clear- David Johnson at 247 and Yancy start spinning OM, national guys pick it up, then the pitch OM vs. Bama because that's the story they want to tell. Bama is a real threat to sign AJ and may very well do so, but you best believe that his dad did not spend FOUR HOURS on campus this week with Mullen only to let him go to Ole Miss. There is ZERO possibility he's going there, none.

It's a fantasy on the part of OM people that want to feel important and fodder for web site clicks, that's all.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 04:13 PM
He was coming for the mid week visit, what happened to change that? I just don't get it. Everything got really quiet with him as the week rolled along.

Bully13
01-30-2016, 04:14 PM
What I can't really understand is the MSU snub down the stretch. On the surface, it really looks like we somehow botched the recruitment of AJ and if that is the case, at some point after signing day I would like to understand what the heck happened. I mean we just put 2 WRs on the 1st and 2nd ALL-SEC team, a spot is wide open for him even as a true freshman and he won't give us the time of day? Something just is not right with that for a guy this close to our program.

There may be some splainin' needed next week.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 04:15 PM
I mean I don't know the kid and good for him wherever he goes, but the way this has been played out I doubt he gets a very warm welcome home anytime soon. Locals tend over react with these deals.

If AJ signs with Bama, no one should give him a hard time. We should look ourselves in the mirror and ask why we didn't do better, that's it.

AJ wants to win a national championship and he wants to be the next Amari Cooper. We need to convince him that he has that opportunity at MSU, period. And we have about 72 hours left to do that.

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 04:16 PM
One more time: we have never had a lock on the good Starkville kids. It's always been about 50/50.

GumpDawg
01-30-2016, 04:17 PM
I honestly figured he came back from Bama committed the way he handled that with the no interview requests and things going quite. That said cant believe if he did commit Saban would be too happy with the OM visit.

msstate7
01-30-2016, 04:19 PM
If AJ signs with Bama, no one should give him a hard time. We should look ourselves in the mirror and ask why we didn't do better, that's it.

AJ wants to win a national championship and he wants to be the next Amari Cooper. We need to convince him that he has that opportunity at MSU, period. And we have about 72 hours left to do that.

Unfortunately for aj, bama already has their next cooper in Ridley

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2016, 04:21 PM
I think that pic of Saban and that recruit at the airport(before he headed to Oxford) was very telling. Saban has this shit eating grin on his face...2 hours later...Pat Forde article comes out...Saban is sending a 17'n message!

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Guys, I appreciate the concern and I'm not trying to pump sunshine but the OM side of this equation is 100% driven by OM. Not one single source or person close to AJ believes he's going to OM - ZERO. This formula is so clear- David Johnson at 247 and Yancy start spinning OM, national guys pick it up, then the pitch OM vs. Bama because that's the story they want to tell. Bama is a real threat to sign AJ and may very well do so, but you best believe that his dad did not spend FOUR HOURS on campus this week with Mullen only to let him go to Ole Miss. There is ZERO possibility he's going there, none.

It's a fantasy on the part of OM people that want to feel important and fodder for web site clicks, that's all. did not know this took place?

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately for aj, bama already has their next cooper in Ridley

Slightly different type of player but I agree, I look at Ridley and would tell AJ to be that guy HERE in Starkville. I think that conversation still has legs, especially with his Dad. Depth charts do matter, even for 5-star talent.

Political Hack

Agree. When it's over I hope everyone takes this perspective.

SDDawg
did not know this took place?

He came, it happened. I can't speak to the Bama side of this but I think they're putting a ton of pressure on AJ and family and trying to manage the final days of his recruitment so the "pomp" has been very low on all of this for the last week, but he and his Dad were on campus. There's a reason why this is quiet but the fact that AJ's dad spent so much time at MSU just 2 days ago should tell you that this isn't over. The recruiting site guys are trying to pre-empt board meltdowns if things don't go our way but we're still breathing here... I wouldn't give up yet although I know that's tempting at this point.

GumpDawg
01-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Oh I agree with that 100%. Maybe folks over in MS aren't as bat shit crazy about where a kid sign like over here in AL. That said I've heard enough Auburn folks complain about never getting the kids from around here in Montgomery. Bama gets who they want.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 04:30 PM
He came, it happened. I can't speak to the Bama side of this but I think they're putting a ton of pressure on AJ and family and trying to manage the final days of his recruitment so the pomp has been very low on all of this for the last week, but he and his Dad were on campus. There's a reason why this is quiet but the fact that AJ's dad spent so much time at MSU just 2 days ago should tell you that this isn't over. The recruiting site guys are trying to pre-empt board meltdowns if things don't go our way but we're still breathing here... I wouldn't give up yet although I know that's tempting at this point.
Glad to hear he and his Dad did come to spend time during the week. That at least makes me feel better. Interesting but don't think our 247 or Scout guys knew about the visit, or else they've kept it hush hush. Maybe it's Dan's plan to keep it confidential for a big NSD surprise. Wishful hoping!

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear he and his Dad did come to spend time during the week. That at least makes me feel better. Interesting but don't think our 247 or Scout guys knew about the visit, or else they've kept it hush hush. Maybe it's Dan's plan to keep it confidential for a big NSD surprise. Wishful hoping!

I think Steve ended up posting about it last night, but it was known earlier than that. I'm with you on the NSD surprise, it's really the last scenario that you might hope for here or a late "push" that helps to keep AJ in town with parents supporting that too.

My last comment on this because I'll just end up repeating the same thoughts: I think AJ wants to go to Bama but has a good relationship with MSU and his family might ultimately convince him to be "THE GUY" here. That's why the Ole Miss stuff is silly because there is no scenario playing out where they are a real player in the recruitment. AJ has visited and went to a party there but that's it, he doesn't want to play with DK either. He wants to be the featured guy and I think he's earned that opportunity. MSU is the school to do that, even objectively I think that's his best choice. The temptation of winning a championship in college is very high and he believes his chances for that are higher at Bama (hard to argue).

One more comment on OM, watch for all of the OM guys to say AJ to Bama on Tuesday night. It won't be based on information, it will be a needle against State and the acknowledgement that they're not in it. Don't pay any attention to it, it's going to happen and just sit back and laugh at it and keep your fingers crossed. The "phone lines" will be burning up in Starkville on Tuesday night.

Homedawg
01-30-2016, 04:55 PM

You misread it, his dad came- Aj didn't. He's avoid our staff basically. Read between the lines.

maroonmania
01-30-2016, 05:13 PM

Helps my feelings as well. Last I had heard his Father came but he didn't.

maroonmania
01-30-2016, 05:13 PM
You misread it, his dad came- Aj didn't. He's avoid our staff basically. Read between the lines.

Well, nevermind my post above then. That's pretty sad.

maroonmania
01-30-2016, 05:16 PM
I think Steve ended up posting about it last night, but it was known earlier than that. I'm with you on the NSD surprise, it's really the last scenario that you might hope for here or a late "push" that helps to keep AJ in town with parents supporting that too.

My last comment on this because I'll just end up repeating the same thoughts: I think AJ wants to go to Bama but has a good relationship with MSU and his family might ultimately convince him to be "THE GUY" here. That's why the Ole Miss stuff is silly because there is no scenario playing out where they are a real player in the recruitment. AJ has visited and went to a party there but that's it, he doesn't want to play with DK either. He wants to be the featured guy and I think he's earned that opportunity. MSU is the school to do that, even objectively I think that's his best choice. The temptation of winning a championship in college is very high and he believes his chances for that are higher at Bama (hard to argue).

One more comment on OM, watch for all of the OM guys to say AJ to Bama on Tuesday night. It won't be based on information, it will be a needle against State and the acknowledgement that they're not in it. Don't pay any attention to it, it's going to happen and just sit back and laugh at it and keep your fingers crossed. The "phone lines" will be burning up in Starkville on Tuesday night.

Whatever, you are just a cog in the machine at this point with Saban's Bama. If they don't get AJ, they would just get another big time prospect at WR from somewhere across the USA. Julio, Cooper, whoever is next. He will never mean to them what he could potentially mean to us. Like what Dak meant to us.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Well, nevermind my post above then. That's pretty sad. in the end, maybe Dad is the in our corner and will make the difference for AJ.

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 05:48 PM

Homedawg, may your taint be penetrated by a 4" rusty nail; it could only improve your persona.

I think our chances here are better than most people think.

Homedawg
01-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Homedawg, may your taint be penetrated by a 4" rusty nail; it could only improve your persona.

I'm sorry you don't like what I posted. Believe what you wish if that makes you feel better.

Bully13
01-30-2016, 06:02 PM
One more time: we have never had a lock on the good Starkville kids. It's always been about 50/50.

It shouldn't be anymore. ..things are vastly improved from yesteryear

MSUDeltadawg1971
01-30-2016, 06:02 PM
I don't post much, but let AJ come back from Oxford, Monday is an important day for us as far as tidying up loose ends. Let it play out.

GreenheadDawg
01-30-2016, 06:03 PM

Everything he posts is negative so it's to be expected.

msstate7
01-30-2016, 06:08 PM

Homedawg can be quite negative at times, but unfortunately, he's usually pretty informed. Him not feeling good on aj is concerning to me to say the least

Homedawg
01-30-2016, 06:11 PM

What do you want me to say? Aj came and visited w Dan, when he didn't? His dad did. That part is true.....again if you don't like what happened, that's really more your problem than mine....we had a good visit w Simmons on Thursday. That better? Good grief. Stop whining..advice, if you can't handle anything negative you might be better served to not follow recruiting.

GreenheadDawg
01-30-2016, 06:15 PM
What do you want me to say? Aj came and visited w Dan, when he didn't? His dad did. That part is true.....again if you don't like what happened, that's really more your problem than mine....we had a good visit w Simmons on Thursday. That better? Good grief. Stop whining..advice, if you can't handle anything negative you might be better served to not follow recruiting.

That's why I don't follow it tough guy. But when people like you feel the need the to chime in on every single ****ing thread with negativity it's kinda hard to ignore. Advice.... We all know you think AJ isn't coming to State so you don't have to post it in every thread until signing day. Ummmk pumpkin

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 06:19 PM
He's been to campus and around the team a lot over the years, you don't know if not being there on that day meant anything at all.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2016, 06:23 PM

Homedawg is a very good knowledgable poster. We don't always agree but he knows his stuff.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 06:23 PM
Well, nevermind my post above then. That's pretty sad.

AJ was there too reportedly, but not for an OV and not as long as his dad. You might think that's sad too, but he was on campus. His Dad is running his recruitment according to the Bama folks, so 4 hours with him and Mullen is HUGE in my mind. I wouldn't discount it.

I think when this all plays out it's going to be much more clear what was going on. That doesn't mean he signs with State, but the decision-making process is going to be explained regardless. Hang in there and let it play out as MSUDeltadawg1971 recommends below. It's still fluid and the CBs and OM chatter today and tomorrow mean nothing. Monday/Tuesday in Starkville is going to be very interesting.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 06:25 PM

Not to contradict you, but I heard AJ was on campus for a brief period. Not sure about the Mullen meeting, you may know better on that point. I think his Dad being there is a huge deal though, since many believe that his Dad is the key to his recruitment (including well placed Bama sources).

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 06:26 PM
Homedawg is a very good knowledgable poster. We don't always agree but he knows his stuff.

IYOK: can you add anything to this? I know you're probably trying to avoid any meltdown comments, but would you at least agree that this one isn't over until Tuesday night and nothing is locked?

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 06:33 PM
When is does the final dead period begin?

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 06:41 PM
When is does the final dead period begin?

I thought it was midnight (tonight), with provisions for kids to leave visits that they're on but no new in-homes or visits after that. I hope we use the home field advantage this week.

Coach34
01-30-2016, 06:43 PM
OM is confident they are about to sign AJ, Jones, and Simmons.

Noxdog
01-30-2016, 06:45 PM
You have been curiously silent on recruiting lately. as has IYOK.

msstate7
01-30-2016, 06:48 PM

Do you agree or disagree with them?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2016, 06:49 PM
IYOK: can you add anything to this? I know you're probably trying to avoid any meltdown comments, but would you at least agree that this one isn't over until Tuesday night and nothing is locked?

If I was picking right now I'd pick Bama for AJ.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 06:52 PM

And they will get ZERO. Once again it sucks to be OM, bought and paid for 5-stars aside.

msstate7
01-30-2016, 06:54 PM
And they will get ZERO. Once again it sucks to be OM, bought and paid for 5-stars aside.

So, you think we get Simmons? Why is om so confident on Simmons?

Noxdog
01-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Jones and Simmons? Or do you wait till Monday?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2016, 06:56 PM
Jones and Simmons? Or do you wait till Monday?

I still like where we sit with both. Others may disagree but I like our position with both.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 07:07 PM
I think everyone needs to relax and let it play out. There's nothing us fans can do to effect things.

I regards to AJ, there was a poster on 247 that stated that he saw AJ on campus and spoke to him. He then asked Paul for confirmation and Paul nor anyone else ever responded.

So, I would say it seems as though we aren't getting AJ but there also seems to be more in play and going on here than what is being reported. Just let it play out. I have the utmost confidence that our coaches have done all that's possible

Bully13
01-30-2016, 07:14 PM
I think everyone needs to relax and let it play out. There's nothing us fans can do to effect things.

I regards to AJ, there was a poster on 247 that stated that he saw AJ on campus and spoke to him. He then asked Paul for confirmation and Paul nor anyone else ever responded.

So, I would say it seems as though we aren't getting AJ but there also seems to be more in play and going on here than what is being reported. Just let it play out. I have the utmost confidence that our coaches have done all that's possible

Have done all that is possible? I'll believe that once I see the results next week

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Maybe Mullen talked to Paul Jones and told him to not report anything on AJ, in fact, if anything, down play AJ to MSU. Even swap your crystal ball prediction**

Bothrops
01-30-2016, 07:27 PM
If OM signs Jones and Simmons, it'll mean we didn't sign a single high school DT in this class..and 2016 was loaded with DT's this year. Huge **** up if that happens.

The main difference between OM and us in big recruiting weekends is that we aren't showers and bullshitters at all, and that's what they excel at.

louisvilledawg
01-30-2016, 08:19 PM
So, you think we get Simmons? Why is om so confident on Simmons?

(US currency)

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 08:44 PM
(US currency)

Cash don't bounce. ** Shouldn't really be a factor by Wednesday.

Maroonbulldog
01-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Pathetic

Travis Daniels thinks it is ok for a hometown boy to not go to the hometown school... Especially in a Bama vs. MSU battle.

Yeah yeah- he wasn't a 5* athlete- my point is we didn't feel bad about him shunning Tuscaloosa for Starkville. Sometimes the kids just want to get away from the place they grew up and lived in their whole life. It kills me to say this- but can you TRULY blame a kid choosing the school that just won a Natty?- and is still close to home?i hate we may not get him- but this can't all be on the staff

CadaverDawg
01-30-2016, 09:29 PM
I don't claim to have great sources, but as of right now I am leaning towards....

AJ to Bama
Jones to State
Lashley to State

I think going into Friday morning we are sitting in great shape on both Knott AND Simmons....but a weekend in Cult City could change things. Something tells me that in the end Lashley, Jones, & Simmons stick together at State....with about a 50/50 shot at Knott right now, and a 10% chance of pulling a rabbit out of our hat with AJ.

Give me Simmons, Lashley, & Jones and I'll be pumped...especially if we hang on to Farrar. Knott and AJ would be huge piles of icing on the cake at this point.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 09:42 PM
I agree with your assessment. Yeah and PJ feels that we have no hope with AJ now. But at this point, I'd be really happy in getting Jones, Simmons and Lashley.

GumpDawg
01-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Travis Daniels thinks it is ok for a hometown boy to not go to the hometown school... Especially in a Bama vs. MSU battle.

Yeah yeah- he wasn't a 5* athlete- my point is we didn't feel bad about him shunning Tuscaloosa for Starkville. Sometimes the kids just want to get away from the place they grew up and lived in their whole life. It kills me to say this- but can you TRULY blame a kid choosing the school that just won a Natty?- and is still close to home?i hate we may not get him- but this can't all be on the staff

Problem with that example is Travis was born in eutaw and graduated from Russellville. Not sure how long he was in either (think he was in Russellville for a while) but was in t-town for JUCO. Get what your saying but different than AJ.

Dawgology
01-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Simmons is going to either State or LSU. It's down to one of those.

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 09:46 PM
I agree with your assessment. Yeah and PJ feels that we have no hope with AJ now. But at this point, I'd be really happy in getting Jones, Simmons and Lashley.

Paul hasn't said that. All he did was change his CB and state he feels it's less than a 50% chance he signs with us. He hasn't ever said no hope. I think Bama as well with AJ.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't claim to have great sources, but as of right now I am leaning towards....

AJ to Bama
Jones to State
Lashley to State

I think going into Friday morning we are sitting in great shape on both Knott AND Simmons....but a weekend in Cult City could change things. Something tells me that in the end Lashley, Jones, & Simmons stick together at State....with about a 50/50 shot at Knott right now, and a 10% chance of pulling a rabbit out of our hat with AJ.

Give me Simmons, Lashley, & Jones and I'll be pumped...especially if we hang on to Farrar. Knott and AJ would be huge piles of icing on the cake at this point.

I agree. We get those 3 hang onto Farrar(which is looking good) and get Reese and cushenberry we will have done pretty good. IF we were to get knott and brown too would be excellent.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 09:55 PM
He may have not come out in public and put it out there but yeah that's all I can say. Which he may not even care, if I repeated or not, not really sure.

Brando
01-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Cash don't bounce. ** Shouldn't really be a factor by Wednesday.

Cash may not bounce, but i bet there was plenty of "bouncing" going on down there this wknd...

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 10:21 PM
He may have not come out in public and put it out there but yeah that's all I can say. Which he may not even care, if I repeated or not, not really sure.

You may be right and I'm not optimistic about us getting him, but I will say that there are things that don't make sense about his recruitment.

Why did no one ever respond when the 247 poster stated that he saw and spoke to AJ on campus the other day?

When all the media is surely trying to get an AJ interview, why is Paul the only one that could?

There just seems to be a ton of mystery in his recruitment. So either he never considered MSU and was hell bent on leaving Starkville from the get go, or he's been downplaying us the entire time.

Either way, his recruitment had been odd to me.

klong-dog
01-30-2016, 10:31 PM
Tried to pm you but your messages are filled. Ha

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Tried to pm you but your messages are filled. Ha

Fixed it

MarketingBully
01-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Personally, I wouldn't blame AJ for picking Alabama and playing for Saban who has won 4 of 7 national championships. Where I have a problem is a 4 star kid from Starkville going to Ole Miss who over the last two years has the same record we do at 19-7. He can start at State and be just as successful and leave in three years and be a first round draft pick at State like he would be at those other two schools. Heck, Fred Ross had better numbers then Laquon Treadwell. Bear had great numbers and will have a great career in the NFL as well. Also, he could be the biggest star that has ever played at MSU if he goes to State. Hometown kid does well. Or, he could be the most hated player in Starkville history if he goes to Ole Miss. His choice.

Mjoelner34
01-30-2016, 11:00 PM
Why did no one ever respond when the 247 poster stated that he saw and spoke to AJ on campus the other day?

I saw one post over there Thursday where a guy said he saw someone that looked like AJ on campus and he spoke to him and the guy answered to "AJ". Somebody asked who he (AJ) was with and the guy said he was alone when he saw him. That thread got deleted pretty quick yet threads with full-on panic mode posts and 100% bearshark posers remained untouched. I thought it was pretty strange that just about the only thread on the board at the time that wasn't a State fan freaking out or a bearshark trying to cause panic got deleted.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Personally, I wouldn't blame AJ for picking Alabama and playing for Saban who has won 4 of 7 national championships. Where I have a problem is a 4 star kid from Starkville going to Ole Miss who over the last two years has the same record we do at 19-7. He can start at State and be just as successful and leave in three years and be a first round draft pick at State like he would be at those other two schools. Heck, Fred Ross had better numbers then Laquon Treadwell. Bear had great numbers and will have a great career in the NFL as well. Also, he could be the biggest star that has ever played at MSU if he goes to State. Hometown kid does well. Or, he could be the most hated player in Starkville history if he goes to Ole Miss. His choice.

I think Mississippi kids should have pride their State and play in- state. AJ isn't going to OM

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 11:05 PM
I saw one post over there Thursday where a guy said he saw someone that looked like AJ on campus and he spoke to him and the guy answered to "AJ". Somebody asked who he (AJ) was with and the guy said he was alone when he saw him. That thread got deleted pretty quick yet threads with full-on panic mode posts and 100% bearshark posers remained untouched. I thought it was pretty strange that just about the only thread on the board at the time that wasn't a State fan freaking out or a bearshark trying to cause panic got deleted.

That's the one I'm talking about. It was odd. We may not get AJ, but the story is odd and hasn't been fully reported for some reason

defiantdog
01-30-2016, 11:13 PM

AJ to Bama
Jones to State
Lashley to State

Knott could commit to Bama right now. It's odd that he hasn't.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Knott could commit to Bama right now. It's odd that he hasn't.

I agree. Strange situation with him.

MainEventDawg
01-31-2016, 12:04 AM
I rarely post since I can't claim to have any sources, but I have heard some info from someone close to the Brown's throughout his recruitment. Nothing really noteworthy to post about so far (been hearing Bama for several weeks), but since it has been put out there in this thread, I was told yesterday that AJ and dad were with "MSU people" (on Friday afternoon) and that things had changed significantly in our favor. They have said all along that dad is running the show. This in no way means we are going to land him, but it's not over yet.

bobcat91
01-31-2016, 01:07 AM
A lot of yall, including the folks that started this site need to take a good look at themselves. This site was supposed to be to present State in a good light, and stop the BS. What do I see here, but a ton of folks crucifying this staff before anyone has signed. Does any of this help our staff? Our School? Some of you have a personal vendetta against Mullen. Fine. No one likes losing to UM three out of four, but we are not going to go balls to the wall cheating like UM. With all the payments, blow, sluts, houses, cars, jobs for relatives, we have still won one less game then they have in the last 3 years. Some of you think slamming the staff makes you have some kind of street cred, but it just makes you everything you claimed was the reason you wanted to get away for sixpack. Makes me sick to my stomach. At least those assholes in Oxford understand that you don't eat your own. We never learn and have the teams that we deserve.

bobcat91
01-31-2016, 01:10 AM
And if AJ wants to go to Bama fine. Its his decision and this staff could roll out the red carpet, but if he wants out, like he has said for a long, long time, them how is it on the staff? You cant convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced.

solodawg
01-31-2016, 05:09 AM
A lot of yall, including the folks that started this site need to take a good look at themselves. This site was supposed to be to present State in a good light, and stop the BS. What do I see here, but a ton of folks crucifying this staff before anyone has signed. Does any of this help our staff? Our School? Some of you have a personal vendetta against Mullen. Fine. No one likes losing to UM three out of four, but we are not going to go balls to the wall cheating like UM. With all the payments, blow, sluts, houses, cars, jobs for relatives, we have still won one less game then they have in the last 3 years. Some of you think slamming the staff makes you have some kind of street cred, but it just makes you everything you claimed was the reason you wanted to get away for sixpack. Makes me sick to my stomach. At least those assholes in Oxford understand that you don't eat your own. We never learn and have the teams that we deserve.

I see this same reaction year after year, and it's pretty much the same ones. I said after the C Jones recruitment that I was through with trying to keep up with it. I wonder where these same veteran posters are that was telling everyone that AJ was "just enjoying the process" and he was ALL dawg.

JoseBrown
01-31-2016, 05:40 AM
I think it may be worth posting again. I have it on good authority there are 2-3 or 4 waiting to commit and sign on the same day to get themselves and State some big positive news to be reported on on NSD. If this happens or not remains to be seen, but our competition has not yet locked up commitments from any of them. So, wether it works out or not we'll see. Who are these 2-5 possible kids? That's for us to speculate until Wednesday! Unless something weird happens tomorrow, but nothing weird happened after Bama's weekend with them.

I'd like you guys to take my first statement. Imagine it is fact, and run through possible scenarios. And give supporting information, and info against this being in play. I have my opinions, but I tend to put on my maroon blinders as things get close so I don't feel that letdown till the last possible minute..

BossDawg
01-31-2016, 06:37 AM
I think AJ is playing UM fans like a fiddle and just filling their fans' ears with what they want to hear. Evidently he's getting tired of UM fans "harassing" and "stalking" him. He's just trying to create some drama so his decision will indeed be a surprise.

solodawg
01-31-2016, 07:49 AM
I think AJ is playing UM fans like a fiddle and just filling their fans' ears with what they want to hear. Evidently he's getting tired of UM fans "harassing" and "stalking" him. He's just trying to create some drama so his decision will indeed be a surprise.
I think you're right on this. OM isn't the one I'm worried about. Bama does have me concerned though.

confucius say
01-31-2016, 10:06 AM
He's been to campus and around the team a lot over the years, you don't know if not being there on that day meant anything at all.

True. Could be he doesn't feel like he needs to visit. Could also be that he has a rship with our coaches and he doesn't want to have to see them and tell them no.

klong-dog
01-31-2016, 10:28 AM
It's being reported that AJ is meeting with coach Bianco today.

BossDawg
01-31-2016, 10:50 AM
It's being reported that AJ is meeting with coach Bianco today.

Hmmmm wonder which bunch is starting that up.

SDDawg
01-31-2016, 11:05 AM
AJ and Bianco sounds like a lie to me, concocted to directly address Steve's comments about AJ and Cohen early last week. AJ is not going to play baseball in college. Mark my words, OM will start to give up on AJ on Tuesday night and call him for Bama to save face.

Coach34
01-31-2016, 11:23 AM
please let Wednesday get here

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2016, 11:27 AM
please let Wednesday get here

Agree. I'm tired of this. Just ready to get the verdict, good or bad

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2016, 12:33 PM
I hope AJ is a dog but I do know for a fact that at one time he was all OM, however I won't give proof on public board but you are welcome to PM me.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't need a PM to know that is wrong

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Nope not wrong...like I have said many times, I am sure he changed his mind but their was a time where he was all OM....unless someone hacked his Twitter when he was DM'ing me

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:17 PM
Your wrong. And that's a fact. And why would you be DMing a recruit? You don't wanna be called a bear then don't act like one

MadisonDawg
01-31-2016, 01:18 PM
Or he was just trolling you because you were direct messaging him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2016, 01:21 PM
Actually he DM me!!!!!!!

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 01:22 PM
I don't know what is going to happen Wednesday yet, everything is really fluid this year. But from what I have heard and read from people with better sources, I feel better today than Friday that we closing gaps and increasing leads on these remaining players.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:23 PM
Every friend I have that ask me about personal life changing decisions I am making in my life has my number. They don't DM me on Twitter. Just saying

msstate7
01-31-2016, 01:23 PM
I don't know what is going to happen Wednesday yet, everything is really fluid this year. But from what I have heard and read from people with better sources, I feel better today than Friday that we closing gaps and increasing leads on these remaining players.

Hopefully knott is one you feel good about. Would really make me feel better if he committed to us tomorrow.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2016, 01:27 PM
Maybe if you would have pm me like I originally said I could have explained this but you chose not to.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Maybe if you would come on a public board and admit to committing a recruiting violation I would believe you

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2016, 01:35 PM
Actually he DM me!!!!!!!

Please tell me you're in college and not a grown man

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2016, 01:51 PM
What is the violation?

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-31-2016, 01:54 PM
You as Joe average fan can not discuss recruiting with a recruit. Not like this is old news and if you were the recruiting hound you told me you were then you would know that and you damn sure wouldn't post it on a board

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Hopefully knott is one you feel good about. Would really make me feel better if he committed to us tomorrow.

I do feel better on Knott. Waiting to hear some more info tonight but I feel better about him.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 02:28 PM
You as Joe average fan can not discuss recruiting with a recruit. Not like this is old news and if you were the recruiting hound you told me you were then you would know that and you damn sure wouldn't post it on a board

Yep. Bear or not, that guy ain't heppin'.

DancingRabbit
01-31-2016, 03:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/fwePN.jpg