PDA

View Full Version : Statement from UNM

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 02:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ_X2CqXEAAnV-q.jpg

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Note, it doesn't tell us when they received the NOA. They are hiding the "good news" under waiting for everyone to review and respond. And the wording of many of the allegations in football are with the old staff and just Tunsil. I think it was worded carefully this way. I wonder if the only 5 violations they keep talking about are with Tunsil but the bulk of the 32 violations is the old football staff. Some are saying it's just a few players back then and ULL was actually worse. I don't think so. I think they are hiding this because the program has a lot more than they are saying and the LOIC very well is a part of this.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 02:28 PM
What's funny about that this is uses terms "many" and "most". Well MOST of the violations may have been centered around the ex staff and Tunsil, but what if one or two were major recruiting violations against the current staff?

Sallee just sent out a stupid tweet saying that Bjork's release confirms that this is no big deal, but Bjork leaves the door open for anything by saying "most" and "many".

DancingRabbit
01-30-2016, 02:30 PM
What happened to being bound by confidentiality? Freeze tell you he needed spin the message?

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Bjork is a total 17ing clown... love watching his dumbass "dance" though.

Coach34
01-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Sounds like some major shit coming their way- and their excuse is to blame Nutt and try to get penalties reduced

Commercecomet24
01-30-2016, 02:39 PM
I like how Bjork said "many" and "most" of the allegation were old. He didn't say all of them which is very telling. I think they're scared to death and I love watching em
Squirm!

maroonmania
01-30-2016, 04:15 PM
I like how Bjork said "many" and "most" of the allegation were old. He didn't say all of them which is very telling. I think they're scared to death and I love watching em
Squirm!

Who cares it they are old or not even if they are? I do not understand how that makes anything less severe if they still happened under UNM's watch. The only thing being "old" helps is the current staff keep their jobs. Penalties will still be just as stiff.

1bigdawg
01-30-2016, 05:13 PM
The last phrase, "...and in football, with many of the allegations dating back to the former football staff in 2010 and the withholding and reinstatement process around Laremy Tunsil in the fall of 2015,"- is grammatically incorrect and leaves the door WIIIDE open. I am sure they spent plenty of time making certain this said exactly what they wanted it to say and the bad grammar leaves the opportunity to redefine this sentence at a later date if/when there is more to it.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Who cares it they are old or not even if they are? I do not understand how that makes anything less severe if they still happened under UNM's watch. The only thing being "old" helps is the current staff keep their jobs. Penalties will still be just as stiff.

Exactly! The university has to pay the penalty not the former coach. Just ask USCw about that.

JoseBrown
01-30-2016, 05:28 PM
It's been confirmed by others that there is an investigation ongoing in addition to the NOA Bjork is commenting. I wonder if their , truthfulness, in response to this NOA maybe something the NCAA is waiting on before wrapping up the investigation ongoing. I just dont understand sending multiple NOA's, unless to get this out there quickly, to give kids, this cycle, that may or may not be on the receiving end an opportunity to cut n run. Or the NCAA wanting to see how much the umites will own up to, by giving them this chance, before leveling that network and making things much more severe for them to handle.

Clearly Bjork wants the implication to be that most was under Nutt, but he didn't say that. But one thing he does say is the Tunsil stuff is included in the NOA, contrary to some reports. So then we have kimchees n others from last yrs team to wonder are they in this letter somewhere? Or are they part of ongoing investigation, and why?

BiscuitEater
01-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Still want to know 'why' this isn't "Lack of Institutional Control" .. when it covers several years, multiple sports, and coaches? Majority under Bjork. Or is this one of the allegations?

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 06:30 PM
And by "transparent" we mean perpetually stonewalling, not that anyone should blame them for that. Who wouldn't if they could after all they've done.

the59dawg
01-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Note, it doesn't tell us when they received the NOA. They are hiding the "good news" under waiting for everyone to review and respond. And the wording of many of the allegations in football are with the old staff and just Tunsil. I think it was worded carefully this way. I wonder if the only 5 violations they keep talking about are with Tunsil but the bulk of the 32 violations is the old football staff. Some are saying it's just a few players back then and ULL was actually worse. I don't think so. I think they are hiding this because the program has a lot more than they are saying and the LOIC very well is a part of this.

Well all this conveniently ignores the issues with Saunders and ULL and the lawsuit Saunders has against ACT. Coach 34 has already pointed out that Connor took the ACT at Waynesboro. And DeepFreeze38 posted 1/15/16 at 1:59am a lot of details concerning 10-15 OM players taking the ACT there. All that can't possible be in the current NOA yet have no current coaches involved. Wish I coiuld post the DeepFreeze post but I can't figure out how to find it again. Don't remember the title of thread. Maybe a mod can find it and repost it.

Saltydog
01-30-2016, 08:13 PM
investigation is about?

KB21
01-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Well all this conveniently ignores the issues with Saunders and ULL and the lawsuit Saunders has against ACT. Coach 34 has already pointed out that Connor took the ACT at Waynesboro. And DeepFreeze38 posted 1/15/16 at 1:59am a lot of details concerning 10-15 OM players taking the ACT there. All that can't possible be in the current NOA yet have no current coaches involved. Wish I coiuld post the DeepFreeze post but I can't figure out how to find it again. Don't remember the title of thread. Maybe a mod can find it and repost it.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?39599-Forward-Rebels-Going-Backwards

TUSK
01-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Bammer got jacked the fvck up in '02 under Coach Fran... for stuff that went on years before under Dubose....

PassInterference
01-30-2016, 08:35 PM
I need a ruling...

Is this statement from Bjork more grammatically correct, or less grammatically correct, than the LOLatCoach34 letter? Hard to tell.

Bass Chaser
01-30-2016, 10:39 PM
As most know or can tell I don't post much, just don't see any reason to re-state what others have said.

My issue with the OM statement is the first sentence in the release which is BS. The NCAA did not send the NOA to outside counsel. OM sent the NOA to outside counsel as a way to circumvent FOIA.

Really Clark?
01-31-2016, 11:02 PM
I can't believe I didn't catch this. But let's say the statement from Bjork is somewhat accurate, if the bulk deals with Saunders and the remaining is Tunsil, then the second investigation is surrounding Bo Scarbrough and whatever else they are finding right now. I can't believe I forgot about Bo and his suspension for his recruitment by "another school" as Saban stated.

C222
01-31-2016, 11:06 PM
I can't believe I didn't catch this. But let's say the statement from Bjork is somewhat accurate, if the bulk deals with Saunders and the remaining is Tunsil, then the second investigation is surrounding Bo Scarbrough and whatever else they are finding right now. I can't believe I forgot about Bo and his suspension for his recruitment by "another school" as Saban stated.

Winner.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2016, 11:37 PM
To be fair what school standing on the edge of the diving board over looking the shit pool three days before signing day would say anything else?