PDA

View Full Version : Baseball scrimmage.......

Taog Redloh
01-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Marrero, Alexander and Stovall have to play. That is all. The 2015 class might be the one that wins a national championship for lil ole moo u, finally.

Backwoodsdawg
01-31-2016, 09:22 AM
It's hard to explain! But those 3 are a on a different level from an athletic, mental,and physical standpoint. You can see the level of desire in them every single pitch. They are gonna have bad days like the best but I would have to run them out there early and often!

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Marrero, Alexander and Stovall have to play. That is all. The 2015 class might be the one that wins a national championship for lil ole moo u, finally.

Agree

Small and Breaux are our 2nd and 3rd most talented pitchers as well. They won't start on the weekend early, but later the season....

From my perspective, last years recruiting class was the best we've had in years.

Taog Redloh
01-31-2016, 11:09 AM
And for all the chicken littles that think, "We are playing freshmenz so we will SUCK!!!".......no, because Rooker, Collins and Robson are also going to anchor the team, no matter who plays the other positions. I am no longer worried about our lineup.

Main thing I want to see is our pitching staff develop the mental capacity needed. Sexton seems to have it IMO.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2016, 11:13 AM

I have been tied up most of the weekend....did they show out in the scrimmage, or what makes you guys say this? Do they just seem to have "it"?

Great to hear

messageboardsuperhero
01-31-2016, 11:21 AM
Goat, have you been going to any of the scrimmages? I haven't but know someone who has gone to the first two. Word is everything looks really good other than some sloppy defense yesterday. Freshmen will contribute in the field big time.

engie
01-31-2016, 11:21 AM
It's hard to explain! But those 3 are a on a different level from an athletic, mental,and physical standpoint. You can see the level of desire in them every single pitch. They are gonna have bad days like the best but I would have to run them out there early and often!

Been a few of us here saying this for a long time now to quite a bit of mockery. It's been obvious for a long time that those three were something different mentally that we have been lacking(along with several other guys in the class). Some early Cohen classes were mentally tough but lacked elite tools. Some of the recent classes have elite tools but lack mental toughness. IMO this is the first class to really combine them both.

Harrydawg
01-31-2016, 11:26 AM
Word from the HS coaching clinic done by MSU staff on Friday is that the coaches really like the leadership and mental make up of this team. Much more so than last year, these guys expect to win each pitch/play. Which is 50% of the game.

messageboardsuperhero
01-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Been a few of us here saying this for a long time now to quite a bit of mockery. It's been obvious for a long time that those three were something different mentally that we have been lacking(along with several other guys in the class). Some early Cohen classes were mentally tough but lacked elite tools. Some of the recent classes have elite tools but lack mental toughness. IMO this is the first class to really combine them both.

I think the 15 class and beyond are going to be those types of players. They're on a whole other level that these recent so called "good" classes we've been signing. 2013 was a very solid group- 2012 and 2014 were vastly overrated and it was obvious when those recruiting rankings came out. These freshmen we have now and the future classes are a different story.

Taog Redloh
01-31-2016, 11:35 AM
Goat, have you been going to any of the scrimmages? I haven't but know someone who has gone to the first two.
Same here. That's why I don't get too much into details but those 3 are pretty much elite players.

Backwoodsdawg
01-31-2016, 11:49 AM
I have been tied up most of the weekend....did they show out in the scrimmage, or what makes you guys say this? Do they just seem to have "it"?

Great to hear

Yes, yes and yes!

Steakonastick
01-31-2016, 12:38 PM
Perfect example of the new kids make-up.

Yesterday Marrero has a guy picked off first no problem. But he throws it high and the runner is safe. He is pissed at himself and shows it. These kids have a competitiveness that we greatly lacked last year. He's by far the best defensive catcher we have had since Easley.

Jacksondevildog
01-31-2016, 12:45 PM
Agree with all of this. We have been weak behind the plate for most of Cohen's tenure. Slauter was an average player, but was a warrior and leader and captained the pitching staff. Marrero is elite and should be our guy day 1.
Perfect example of the new kids make-up.

Yesterday Marrero has a guy picked off first no problem. But he throws it high and the runner is safe. He is pissed at himself and shows it. These kids have a competitiveness that we greatly lacked last year. He's by far the best defensive catcher we have had since Easley.

Todd4State
01-31-2016, 01:35 PM
I love the freshmen too! I think Marrero starts because of Kruger's arm. I'm starting to think our starting MIF should be Stovall and Alexander. If nothing else they are going to push Holland and Gridley and hopefully that makes them better players as well.