PDA

View Full Version : Guess the penalty UNM edition

SheltonChoked
01-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Please post your best guess of the first round of UNM NCAA penalties ( by sport if you wish). and the second Freesus round to be announced later.

SheltonChoked
01-30-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm basing this off the ULL penalties ( 4 violations, probation, vacated season, 38 less recruiting visits, 3 week no contact period, loss of 11 scholarships) and just ratio it up. So:

Football ( guess is 10 violations). 4 year probation, 6 vacated seasons, 80 less recruiting visits over 3 years, 3 week no contact extension over 3 years, loss of 35 scholarships over 3 years.

Track ( guess is 15 violations) Almost the death penalty. Forfeited seasons. Halted allowed scholarships, track coach show cause, reduced visits

Women's basketball. See track. But with only 8 violations.

The women's sports will be interesting due to Title IX. There has to be an equal number of women's scholarships as men's across all sports. If women's basketball and rack get hit hard, some men's sports will have to also.

The second round will be brutal for Ole Miss. Boosters will be disassociated from the NCAA, and multiple show cause issued. It will be a new death penalty.

AlmostPositive
01-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Yep. Round Two will be a killer. Huge PR hit as well...Ole Miss will replace Penn State as a national college football whipping boy.

HailState39110
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm basing this off the ULL penalties ( 4 violations, probation, vacated season, 38 less recruiting visits, 3 week no contact period, loss of 11 scholarships) and just ratio it up. So:

Football ( guess is 10 violations). 4 year probation, 6 vacated seasons, 80 less recruiting visits over 3 years, 3 week no contact extension over 3 years, loss of 35 scholarships over 3 years.

Track ( guess is 15 violations) Almost the death penalty. Forfeited seasons. Halted allowed scholarships, track coach show cause, reduced visits

Women's basketball. See track. But with only 8 violations.

The women's sports will be interesting due to Title IX. There has to be an equal number of women's scholarships as men's across all sports. If women's basketball and rack get hit hard, some men's sports will have to also.

The second round will be brutal for Ole Miss. Boosters will be disassociated from the NCAA, and multiple show cause issued. It will be a new death penalty.

Don't really care about track and women's bball , but here it what I'll guess for football-

Football: 3 years probation , 15 schollies ( 5 per year over 3 seasons) . Vacate wins in 2010 season : loss of recruiting visits , contact with recruits , etc . No postseason ban

Reason2succeed
01-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Yep. Round Two will be a killer. Huge PR hit as well...Ole Miss will replace Penn State as a national college football whipping boy.

In my Corso voice, "not so fast my friend". Penn State was able to hide behind the fact that as egregious as their crimes were they were not under the jurisdictions of the NCAA. OM had shown a pattern of willful violations across multiple sports, multiple coaching and school administrations. Tunsil's stepdad and Coach Saunders were ratting on them to the NCAA plus all of the other SEC coaches (and an ACC and Big 10 coach) who have no love for them.

"However, if the NCAA finds a school has engaged in a "pattern of willful violations," it can look back to when the violations first occurred, even if they are outside the five-year window.[3] It also still has the power to ban a school from competing in a sport without any preliminaries in cases of particularly egregious violations." - wiki search of NCAA death penalty

Therefore, My prediction is they actually get the death penalty in football for one year. Yes, I said it. Players are allowed to transfer and coaches receive nice long show causes. When OM returns they will be monitored like a toddler in potty training during all their recruiting.

mic
01-30-2016, 11:03 AM
USCw sanctions would be killer.. Anything more than that would just be icing on the cake...

Mutt the Hoople
01-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Shut down the football program for 2 years, cut scholarships to 15/55, no TV or bowl appearances for 2016, and forfeit every game since 2012 (when Bucky set up the Program). That leaves the all-times series record at 60-46-6.

That gives Dan Mullen a 7 game winning streak against the Bears. Take away the Larry Gillard Eligibility Lynching and the Vaught Aberration, we dominate the series 46-40-2. This coupled with our absolute domination of the university of olemiss in basketball and baseball, simply shows the inferiority of their school, students, alum, and fan base.

Pollodawg
01-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Loss of schollies. Two year bowl ban. Show cause for the entire current staff (won't happen, but lol anyway).