PDA

View Full Version : Show Us the Letter, Rebels

HeCannotGo
01-30-2016, 09:02 AM
We've all heard the standard spin from UM friends, family and media puppets over the past 24 hours, something along these lines:

"Almost all of the allegations relate to women's basketball or track."

"The football stuff occurred under a prior staff."

"The football stuff is all secondary violations."

"The Tunsil problem is already dealt with; he served his suspension and that's all over."

Of course, if this were the case, UM has plenty of incentive to prove it immediately. They'd want their donors and fan base to be able to relax. They'd want their media puppets to be able to get back to their primary job: singing the praises of Saint Hugh the Bucktoothed. Most of all, they'd want their recruits to be able to rest easy and enjoy the cash in their red backpacks, while still signing on the dotted line with the Plantation next week.

How could the UM administration accomplish this? Show us the letter from the NCAA.

Want to prove that the allegations don't relate to football? Show us the letter.

Want to put to rest any notion that their are major allegations against the current staff? Show us the letter.

Want to confirm to the world that Saint Hugh the Bucktoothed really is more like John the Baptist than Jimmy Swaggart? Show us the letter.

A simple press release would do it. Just release a copy of the NCAA notice of allegations letter with a statement saying that UM is working on its response to the allegations, intends to cooperate with the NCAA while still vigorously defending the university, etc. But they haven't do so. Why not?

I'm sure UM will claim that they are bound by some sort of confidentiality arrangement, but I doubt that such is the case. Even if UM has some sort of obligation to keep the letter confidential, I'm sure they could find a way to leak the letter if doing so served their purposes. Saint Hugh's disciples in the media would be happy to help. Apostle Kellenberger, Sister Cronin and Friar Aschoff would be only too happy to get a scoop that simultaneously advances their careers while also helping their Rebel overlords.

Show us the letter, Rebels.

Dawgology
01-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Exactly! That's what I keep saying on the clarion ledger article comments. All the Bears saying it's nothing and I'm like "just show the letter". Crickets...

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Yep. Said the same thing last night every where. They either shut up or just spin and dance around it.