PDA

View Full Version : Do I have this straight?

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 12:27 AM
The same Ole Miss people (fans, media mouthpieces, etc) who have insisted all along that there was no NCAA notice or even an investigation NOW say they know all about it and there is nothing to it? Do I have that right?

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 12:30 AM
Not only that, but they all now have sources.

Before today none of them reported this and now they all know everything about it.

I'm not sure what Ole Miss ever did to receive the backing of the media on all issues and what MSU did wrong.

Seriously, why does the media protect them?

GreenheadDawg
01-30-2016, 12:33 AM

Before today none of them reported this and now they all know everything about it.

I'm not sure what Ole Miss ever did to receive the backing of the media on all issues and what MSU did wrong.

ESPN is working overtime to spin this. I've never seen anything like it in my life. They don't back USCw and Notre Dame this hard.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 12:39 AM
ESPN is working overtime to spin this. I've never seen anything like it in my life. They don't back USCw and Notre Dame this hard.

I don't get it either. Not sure how Ole Miss earned this protection

BayouDawg
01-30-2016, 12:49 AM

According to my grandpa (who has been an Aggie, Maroon and bulldog for his 94 years on this earth) unm had the only journalism school and law school in the state for a very long time. So they produced all the politicians in the state and journalists in the state for years. They did everything they could to set us back. Writers reporting negative about us to elected officials appointing us with the worst school presidents possible. So long story short that's how they have created this massive propaganda/ spin machine and how we always get shafted in the media, especially in state media

TimberBeast
01-30-2016, 01:42 AM
According to my grandpa (who has been an Aggie, Maroon and bulldog for his 94 years on this earth) unm had the only journalism school and law school in the state for a very long time. So they produced all the politicians in the state and journalists in the state for years. They did everything they could to set us back. Writers reporting negative about us to elected officials appointing us with the worst school presidents possible. So long story short that's how they have created this massive propaganda/ spin machine and how we always get shafted in the media, especially in state media

I thought we all already knew that?

BayouDawg
01-30-2016, 01:54 AM
I thought we all already knew that?

Just putting it out there just in case some people become perplexed over the next few days at the spin job the Bears will be doin

DancingRabbit
01-30-2016, 02:14 AM
Freezus say "If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men"
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/297482064108847104

"Go home Hugh, you're drunk."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/ole-miss-football-coach-hugh-freeze-asked-for-emails-and-did-they-ever-come-ep-362513240-329045731.html

Why not the final 31? Ole Miss said some of the emails could have a ?chilling effect of the future sources of information, thus frustrating our compliance and enforcement efforts.? Whatever that means.
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jul/02/ole-miss-compliance-declares-no-ncaa-violations-em/

MarketingBully
01-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Yeah, they never did release those last 31 either. Sounds fishy to me period.

msstate7
01-30-2016, 07:16 AM
Yeah, they never did release those last 31 either. Sounds fishy to me period.

Someone tweet that to pat forde. Maybe he will pursue those 31 emails

HaggardDawg
01-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Is it possible that the media is protecting them, especially primarily SEC writers, in order to further push the narrative of the SEC superiority? It makes sense for the SEC office financially to keep pumping Alabama as being the best ever and other sec programs are not far behind therefore we're the best of the best. In their minds two things put you in the "elite"; recruiting and beating Bama. Well in order to continue to pump the sec as a whole, they have to pump the team that has actually beaten Bama two years in a row and is battling them in recruiting for several top prospects. All you hear is how OM has moved into the elite primarily because of recruiting and beating Bama. What you don't hear is them talk about their bad losses...Memphis, Arky x 2, Florida, TCU, Auburn. I don't know just a theory.

miketice
01-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Just putting it out there just in case some people become perplexed over the next few days at the spin job the Bears will be doin
I hadn't heard that. Explains alot

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 09:52 AM
It goes without saying that the Mississippi media is controlled by and is overwhelmingly composed of Confederates. As for ESPN I have no idea if this is true but I have always been told that there are quite a few of them that work for ESPN in Bristol, or wherever their headquarters is.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Is it possible that the media is protecting them, especially primarily SEC writers, in order to further push the narrative of the SEC superiority? It makes sense for the SEC office financially to keep pumping Alabama as being the best ever and other sec programs are not far behind therefore we're the best of the best. In their minds two things put you in the "elite"; recruiting and beating Bama. Well in order to continue to pump the sec as a whole, they have to pump the team that has actually beaten Bama two years in a row and is battling them in recruiting for several top prospects. All you hear is how OM has moved into the elite primarily because of recruiting and beating Bama. What you don't hear is them talk about their bad losses...Memphis, Arky x 2, Florida, TCU, Auburn. I don't know just a theory.

The SEC is all about money now and has lost its soul as a conference. Ole Miss is now viewed as a story line that can initiate ratings for certain games. That's all that being protected here.

College football is rigged. It's a carnival game with an oval basketball hoop. The game only exist to make more money and the game and system is slanted in favor of those teams. The entire system is a scam in which you can only win by cheating at a high level. Some of the stuff I could tell you about this recruiting cycle would make you want to throw up and never watch the sport again. What's going on in college football right IMO is no worse than the 1919 Chicago Black Sox or Pete Rose. The integrity of the game has been severely compromised due to greed.

The sport is designed to attract the casual fan that doesn't know too much. However, once you get too close and the curtain is pulled back, you question why you ever allowed yourself to become emotionally involved with a rigged sport.

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 10:07 AM
I've felt that way for years as well but our campus atmosphere is so awesome on game days now it's easy to rationalize. its a great excuse to party w your friends seven times a season.

gravedigger
01-30-2016, 11:17 AM

You've heard of money, no?

yjnkdawg
01-30-2016, 01:01 PM
It goes without saying that the Mississippi media is controlled by and is overwhelmingly composed of Confederates. As for ESPN I have no idea if this is true but I have always been told that there are quite a few of them that work for ESPN in Bristol, or wherever their headquarters is.

ESPN has been living and breathing that 2013 recruiting class. DO you think they are trying to keep that bubble from bursting?