PDA

View Full Version : One thing you have to admire about the Confederates..........

Liverpooldawg
01-29-2016, 11:40 PM
they stay on point with their spin and don't melt down when stuff like this hits. Can you imagine how it would be if it was us? It would be awful. What we would be saying would be 10 times worse than what others would be saying.

SDDawg
01-29-2016, 11:44 PM
When you have no conscience it's amazing the shit you can get away with.

Spiderman
01-30-2016, 12:34 AM
When you have no conscience it's amazing the shit you can get away with.

Gave you rep points

MarketingBully
01-30-2016, 02:02 AM
Agreed, their fans are like a cult. Tommy Tuberville (who is a good coach) left that program for Auburn because he couldn't recruit and specifically stated that the reasons were because of the racial undertones of the program (Ole Miss and Rebels). Well we are now in 2016 and they have the same issues they had with Tubberville since they are still called Ole Miss and Rebels. What changed?? Do the math. $$$$$

BeardoMSU
01-30-2016, 02:22 AM
I gotta say....one of my best friends, who is an OM grad, and always a leveled-headed conservationist of sports related topics....even he has bought all in to the spin machine.

It's really a sight to behold, if you think about it.

They step in line with the best of 'em. Freeze is their Saddam, and they are his Republican Guard. There's no such thing as surrender.....

I guess we'll see how deep their conviction goes in a few months, eh?

AlmostPositive
01-30-2016, 05:42 AM
Is it possible for a university to graduate 50 thousand Baghdad Bobs? Ole Miss University seems to have produced an entirely unmoored fan base. Deep deep denial

BrunswickDawg
01-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Agreed, their fans are like a cult. Tommy Tuberville (who is a good coach) left that program for Auburn because he couldn't recruit and specifically stated that the reasons were because of the racial undertones of the program (Ole Miss and Rebels). Well we are now in 2016 and they have the same issues they had with Tubberville since they are still called Ole Miss and Rebels. What changed?? Do the math. $$$$$
They have spent everything in defense of their way of life, and have spent all their energy and skill of smoke & mirrors to shield the true facts that they cannot face. They know they are wrong in action and in morals, and if they lose their way of life is gone forever. They are the last defenders of the Lost Cause. "Look away, look away, look away, Dixieland....."

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 09:52 AM
. In addition, it was determined that Tunsil was not completely forthcoming when initially questioned by NCAA investigators regarding the loaner vehicles.”

That quote is from the Yahoo Pat Forde article. The fact that he got to play at all this past season is incredible when you consider the punishment Dez Bryant got (full year suspension for lying about knowing Deion Sanders of all things) and Will Redmond who got 18! games for "not being forthcoming" with the ncaa.

Tonsil getting to play at all this season has helped them laugh off any rumors of major sanctions this recruiting cycle. I just can't understand how he was allowed to play. UNM must have some major stroke somewhere so that's what is impressive about this to me.

BrunswickDawg
01-30-2016, 10:01 AM
. In addition, it was determined that Tunsil was not completely forthcoming when initially questioned by NCAA investigators regarding the loaner vehicles.”

That quote is from the Yahoo Pat Forde article. The fact that he got to play at all this past season is incredible when you consider the punishment Dez Bryant got (full year suspension for lying about knowing Deion Sanders of all things) and Will Redmond who got 18! games for "not being forthcoming" with the ncaa.

Tonsil getting to play at all this season has helped them laugh off any rumors of major sanctions this recruiting cycle. I just can't understand how he was allowed to play. UNM must have some major stroke somewhere so that's what is impressive about this to me.
Makes me wonder if Tunsil, after caught lying, cut a deal. A reduced penalty is usually a sign.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Makes me wonder if Tunsil, after caught lying, cut a deal. A reduced penalty is usually a sign.

His step dad was spilling all the beans wasn't he? Saunders should be turning them in with the way they did him. Ole Miss should get the death penalty. It is still possible.

"However, if the NCAA finds a school has engaged in a "pattern of willful violations," it can look back to when the violations first occurred, even if they are outside the five-year window.[3] It also still has the power to ban a school from competing in a sport without any preliminaries in cases of particularly egregious violations.

Taog Redloh
01-30-2016, 10:11 AM
don't melt down when stuff like this hits.
Wrong.

Most of your post was correct, but don't get it twisted, they ARE melting down. Remember, Ole Miss is all about the image, and they are good at maintaining it. But deep down and in private, they are freaking the f*ck out. Believe dat.

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Wrong.

Most of your post was correct, but don't get it twisted, they ARE melting down. Remember, Ole Miss is all about the image, and they are good at maintaining it. But deep down and in private, they are freaking the f*ck out. Believe dat.

Perhaps I should have been more specific: they aren't melting down publicly.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Perhaps I should have been more specific: they aren't melting down publicly.

When you try to say this is "GOOD FOR THE PROGRAM", that's better than a meltdown to me. It's beyond idiotic and laughable on its face. There's not a person on the planet that's not an OM homer or has a financial stake in Bear success that believes that bullshit.

The folks that have really outed themselves on this one are Bleacher Report, SBNation, etc. Tons of these click engines that desperately need those OMers clicking are throwing the bait out there: "Freeze isn't involved", "Nothing to see here", even "MSU fans will be disappointed". Dafuq you say, Barrett? This has ZERO to do with MSU and if that's your explanation of Freeze's systemic cheating (less than people think, MSU fans are overexcited) then you are WAY MORE STUPID than I thought you were when you tried to say that Jeremy Johnson was a better QB than Dak Prescott. Honestly, I know those guys are morons but they LOVE THEM some OLE MISS BEARSHARKS when they start talking all that shit.

Wait till Little flips to Bama over the next 48 hours and then the fun is REALLY going to start kicking in. :) Like I read on another site, "Cash don't bounce". The bagmen will be left high and dry before this is all over.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2016, 01:14 PM
When you try to say this is "GOOD FOR THE PROGRAM", that's better than a meltdown to me. It's beyond idiotic and laughable on its face. There's not a person on the planet that's not an OM homer or has a financial stake in Bear success that believes that bullshit.

The folks that have really outed themselves on this one are Bleacher Report, SBNation, etc. Tons of these click engines that desperately need those OMers clicking are throwing the bait out there: "Freeze isn't involved", "Nothing to see here", even "MSU fans will be disappointed". Dafuq you say, Barrett? This has ZERO to do with MSU and if that's your explanation of Freeze's systemic cheating (less than people think, MSU fans are overexcited) then you are WAY MORE STUPID than I thought you were when you tried to say that Jeremy Johnson was a better QB than Dak Prescott. Honestly, I know those guys are morons but they LOVE THEM some OLE MISS BEARSHARKS when they start talking all that shit.

Wait till Little flips to Bama over the next 48 hours and then the fun is REALLY going to start kicking in. :) Like I read on another site, "Cash don't bounce". The bagmen will be left high and dry before this is all over.

Some Bama people say that once a player commits to OM, that Bama is done with them. They don't want the baggage or a potential recruiting violation.

SDDawg
01-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Some Bama people say that once a player commits to OM, that Bama is done with them. They don't want the baggage or a potential recruiting violation.

I have heard that too but I think you make an exception for Little. Even if they wouldn't, Auburn or A&M would take him in a minute. Kid can write his own ticket.