PDA

View Full Version : LSU likely loses starting OG Williford...

TUSK
08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
those cats are gonna have A LOT of new faces on the field...

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/08/lsu_starting_lg_josh_williford.html

HancockCountyDog
08-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Miles will probably leave it up to the team to vote whether he is allowed back.

TUSK
08-09-2013, 04:14 PM
That cracked me up...

Miles really stepped in it on the Hill Issue... Dude is a borderline pedophile and/or rapist then violates that probation by sucker punching someone... and he leaves it up to a "vote"?

wow.

Miles will probably leave it up to the team to vote whether he is allowed back.

RougeDawg
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Are LSU fans and didnt go through with trial because the wanted him to play. And rumors are that guy Hill sucker punched for paid to not press charges. So LSU alum can pay to keep someone eligible, and we get hammered for Redmond. Meanwhile out neighbors to the north treat Benjamin's like Halloween candy. Where is the consistency here?

I seen it dawg
08-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Hopefully everyone has heard of Louisiana politics. Those of us that know it aren't surprised at all and it's a non-story.

Political Hack
08-09-2013, 06:43 PM
What makes me mad is that people can get in bar fights, get DUIs, get caught doing drugs, etc... and get a few game suspension. Meanwhile if you take a bagel with cream cheese on it from a booster, you'll get a year and a half.

anyone think priorities are messed up here?
Drug suspension/Arrest - 1 game.
Impermissible benefits - 1 year+.

I seen it dawg
08-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Que Flab.....fire who?

Homedawg
08-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Are LSU fans and didnt go through with trial because the wanted him to play. And rumors are that guy Hill sucker punched for paid to not press charges. So LSU alum can pay to keep someone eligible, and we get hammered for Redmond. Meanwhile out neighbors to the north treat Benjamin's like Halloween candy. Where is the consistency here?

If you knew how many people we have had in trouble since January you probably wouldn't say that. Just be careful throwing rocks in a glass house...I'm w you rouge it's not equitable, but we arent wo our own problems. Trust me.

FlabLoser
08-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Que Flab.....fire who?

Bracky Mo ****in Brett

Ronny
08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
What makes me mad is that people can get in bar fights, get DUIs, get caught doing drugs, etc... and get a few game suspension. Meanwhile if you take a bagel with cream cheese on it from a booster, you'll get a year and a half.

anyone think priorities are messed up here?
Drug suspension/Arrest - 1 game.
Impermissible benefits - 1 year+.

...will not go so far as to say these backwardass, unjust sentences are due to bribery & venal dealings, because we know the NCAA is an institution very different from the American political system where bribery & venal dealings are held in great contempt, & are considered serious felonoius activity leading to immediate imprisonment for all perpetrators.

(Note: You have just read the most sarcastic post in the history of messageboards).

Political Hack
08-10-2013, 11:21 AM
the NCAA, in my opinion, is the most morally bankrupt organization in the nation. They claim to have the best interest of student athletes at the center of their intentions, yet the punishment for student athletes who take impermissible benefits is much worse than the punishment schedule they impose for positive drug tests, committing crimes, and unsportsmanlike conduct. How is that in any way a representation of what kids will have to deal with after college? They wrist slap drug use and DUIs but throw the book at kids for accepting gifts??? The NCAA is the closest thing left in America to indentured servitude - "we'll allow you a small stipend, you make us millions, and you can't make yourself any money." How is their scheme any different than communism? The reason conferences, coaches, school administrators, and others continue to allow this atrocity of a scheme to persist is because 1) they're making money and 2) their own money is more important to them than the well being of student athletes. Anyone with half a brain can look at the NCAA's punishments, combine it with O'Bannon's current lawsuit, and quickly see that they are suppressing the rights of student athletes to the benefit of themselves.

We could also get into basketball investigations, rules violations, and punishments there versus that of football. The NCAA's biggest money maker every year is the basketball tournament, which is why you don't see post-season bans or long player suspensions as often for their money making basketball programs like Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, etc... And why you see them essentially shaking down the football programs at Miami, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and Miss State.

We can also skip over them selling signed Joe Pa shirts and Reggie Bush autographed pictures on their website.

They are a political organization with their own financial interest being their first and foremost priority with little to no regard to how their rules and execution of investigations inadequately impacts student athletes. Jermey Hill gets a team suspension... Will Redmond gets a year and a half. Good job NCAA.

MarketingBully01
08-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Every team has their issues. Why bring that up here? Have we had a guy on probation violate said probation which should have given him jail time yet he was able to stay on the team? Nope. This is a totally seperate issue IMO and smells of desparation on Les Miles part.

FlabLoser
08-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Agree.

A someone counterpoint needs to be made. What happens if we let players sell autographs? If you think crootin is unfair now, it will be 1,000x worse when players can sell autographs. Your basic Cam Newton will literally become a millionaire during the recruiting process.

If you think we waffled getting a QB because our boosters wouldn't spend $200k, wait until multiple recruiting targets of ours are promised milllions in autograph (or whatever) deals.

I seen it dawg
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
the NCAA, in my opinion, is the most morally bankrupt organization in the nation. They claim to have the best interest of student athletes at the center of their intentions, yet the punishment for student athletes who take impermissible benefits is much worse than the punishment schedule they impose for positive drug tests, committing crimes, and unsportsmanlike conduct. How is that in any way a representation of what kids will have to deal with after college? They wrist slap drug use and DUIs but throw the book at kids for accepting gifts??? The NCAA is the closest thing left in America to indentured servitude - "we'll allow you a small stipend, you make us millions, and you can't make yourself any money." How is their scheme any different than communism? The reason conferences, coaches, school administrators, and others continue to allow this atrocity of a scheme to persist is because 1) they're making money and 2) their own money is more important to them than the well being of student athletes. Anyone with half a brain can look at the NCAA's punishments, combine it with O'Bannon's current lawsuit, and quickly see that they are suppressing the rights of student athletes to the benefit of themselves.

We could also get into basketball investigations, rules violations, and punishments there versus that of football. The NCAA's biggest money maker every year is the basketball tournament, which is why you don't see post-season bans or long player suspensions as often for their money making basketball programs like Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, etc... And why you see them essentially shaking down the football programs at Miami, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, and Miss State.

We can also skip over them selling signed Joe Pa shirts and Reggie Bush autographed pictures on their website.

They are a political organization with their own financial interest being their first and foremost priority with little to no regard to how their rules and execution of investigations inadequately impacts student athletes. Jermey Hill gets a team suspension... Will Redmond gets a year and a half. Good job NCAA.

Slow ****ing golf clap or whatever shows supreme approval.

FlabLoser
08-10-2013, 07:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RFHHL.gif