PDA

View Full Version : I think this is in another thread but I think it deserves.......

Liverpooldawg
01-29-2016, 10:42 PM
it's own. It seems the Right Reverend Freeze maybe involved after all.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/01/29/sports/ncaafootball/ap-fbc-ncaa-mississippi.html?_r=1

GreenheadDawg
01-29-2016, 10:44 PM
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is involved

Goldendawg
01-29-2016, 10:46 PM
He strikes me as the type that would say, "Don't tell me what's really going on. Just tell me who to visit and sign."

dawgoneyall
01-29-2016, 11:15 PM
He knows. Stealing someone else's line, the magic recruiting dust appeared with Freeze's arrival.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Hugh wasn't Archies first choice. Was hired to eat Hootens contract. He knew to keep the job he had to make a splash. No way he didn't know

t45fixer
01-29-2016, 11:22 PM
He's the mastermind, not Saunders. Saunders just did what he was told.

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 11:28 PM
He's the mastermind, not Saunders. Saunders just did what he was told.

Yeah I disagree somewhat with that. Saunders most definitely was neck deep in implementing the ACT fraud and then continuing "The Plan" with cellular south. So much was hatched and refined beginning under Orgeron. Now I agree Freeze is in deep with what they do now. What can be proven? Idk. But if they continued to use Waynesboro under Freeze as HC, which many believe they did, then you have a continuous chain of academic fraud

TrapGame
01-29-2016, 11:33 PM
It's still coming for Saint Freezus the Most Pious.

Bully13
01-29-2016, 11:40 PM
I know I said this in another thread but the investigation wouldn't have lasted as long as it has if it hadn't extended into freezus' tenure. And like 34's reminder thread, hiring a new coach doesn't get you off the hook.

DancingRabbit
01-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Yeah I disagree somewhat with that. Saunders most definitely was neck deep in implementing the ACT fraud and then continuing "The Plan" with cellular south. So much was hatched and refined beginning under Orgeron. Now I agree Freeze is in deep with what they do now. What can be proven? Idk. But if they continued to use Waynesboro under Freeze as HC, which many believe they did, then you have a continuous chain of academic fraud

Not sure about that. Hugh came to OM in 2005 (Orgeron's first year) as assistant athletic director for football external affairs dealing with high schools and junior colleges. Saunders joined Orgeron a year later as linebackers coach, the same year Freeze became the tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator. In Meat Market, Feldman refers to Freeze as "Orgeron's right-hand man".

Hugh was sanctioned for recruiting violations before Saunders ever joined Orgeron, so who taught who how to cheat?

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 12:00 AM
Not sure about that. Hugh came to OM in 2005 (Orgeron's first year) as assistant athletic director for football external affairs dealing with high schools and junior colleges. Saunders joined Orgeron a year later as linebackers coach, the same year Freeze became the tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator. In Meat Market, Feldman refers to Freeze as "Orgeron's right-hand man".

Hugh was sanctioned for recruiting violations before Saunders ever joined Orgeron, so who taught who how to cheat?

I think they both were taught at the knee of Orgeron a lot of this stuff. But don't forget, Saunders had been a coach/recruiting coord as well under Cut. Now supposedly part of why Cut was let go was because of his recruiting not being that strong. In confed terms that means he didn't play the game like they wanted. But Saunders has been around awhile and had built up a program already on his own prior to Orgeron. I suspect he taught Hugh a good bit as well.

DancingRabbit
01-30-2016, 12:27 AM
I think they both were taught at the knee of Orgeron a lot of this stuff. But don't forget, Saunders had been a coach/recruiting coord as well under Cut. Now supposedly part of why Cut was let go was because of his recruiting not being that strong. In confed terms that means he didn't play the game like they wanted. But Saunders has been around awhile and had built up a program already on his own prior to Orgeron. I suspect he taught Hugh a good bit as well.

Apparently Hugh learned how to be creative getting sketchy recruits qualified from Sean Tuoghy during the Michael Oher episode. And the Waynesboro machine apparently cranked up during the Powe episode, and Freeze was recruiting coordinator during that timeframe.

Saunders was HC at Millsaps during the 3-year period prior to joining Orgeron. It seems unlikely ACT cheating and buying players was a key focus while he was at Millsaps.

Who knows? Not trying to be argumentative, just tossing out another viewpoint.

BossDawg
01-30-2016, 12:33 AM
Their fans know d@mn well that Hugh Freeze was involved with this stuff or at the very least he knew it was going on. Looks like pride and desperation finally caught up with them.

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 12:37 AM
Apparently Hugh learned how to be creative getting sketchy recruits qualified from Sean Tuoghy during the Michael Oher episode. And the Waynesboro machine apparently cranked up during the Powe episode, and Freeze was recruiting coordinator during that timeframe.

Saunders was HC at Millsaps during the 3-year period prior to joining Orgeron. It seems unlikely ACT cheating and buying players was a key focus while he was at Millsaps.

Who knows? Not trying to be argumentative, just tossing out another viewpoint.

That's fine. I know Saunders already had a track record before Orgeron was hired. He was already out there doing things that were beyond normal recruiting stuff then. I believe that Saunders was at the very least the main point man for the ACT deal and he expanded that 100 fold with the Ed Center, etc. I'm not saying Freee didn't have his hands in this stuff shoulder deep as well. Yeah he did but Saunders wasn't just a puppet out there doing their bidding. He was part of the planning and implementing. And was a big reason Nutt fought so hard to get him on staff and is track record why Boone fought and cut him to keep him away from the program.

I know Hud was told to be careful bringing him on board at ULL. And there is a reason that Hud is also untouchable even though we wasn't named in the ULL violations.

ILOATHEBears
01-30-2016, 08:44 AM

What have I missed? How is cellular south involved in the "plan"

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-30-2016, 08:46 AM
If I was them I would worry more about tired and legal assistance then cell service. But that ain't none of my business