PDA

View Full Version : Dear BearShark fans...

Coach34
01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Whether it's Freezus or Nutt- it's still the same punishment

Dawgtini
01-29-2016, 06:50 PM
That's what I don't get. The school will be punished for infractions that occurred at the institution.

Bucky Dog
01-29-2016, 07:04 PM
And they keep saying that the football infractions are minor and self reported. I'm no expert but I don't think the NCAA would put minor self reported, self imposed violations in a letter. Am I wrong to assume this?

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Here is their biggest problem right now:

It's now a national news story. They can't control the message anymore. Clearly, they are trying; the ESPN story is pushing the idea that all of these things predate Freeze, so you know who their sources are. But other outlets, like NBC Sports and the NY Times, are saying some pretty damning things right now. These bigger news outlets are going keep digging and reporting the news. This is a big story because this is the Sugar Bowl champs we are talking about here. It's not going away.

mparkerfd20
01-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Click an ad emmett

Op4isabitch
01-29-2016, 07:26 PM
emmett seems a little mad. ��
I'd be mad to if the only measuring stick I had for my micro penis was about to be snapped off up my arse.

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 07:36 PM
From the NY TIMES:

Mississippi has been notified by the NCAA of rules violations involving the football, women's basketball and track and field programs.

Some of the allegations regarding the football program date back to previous coach Houston Nutt, but others involve current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday.

ETA: b-b-b-but...I thought these things happened before Freeze?

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. The person said the Ole Miss football program has already taken some steps — like reducing recruiting official visits — to try to mitigate any punishment from the NCAA.

ETA: b-b-b-but....I thought the investigation was over? Oh, and why self-impose when you're in the clear?

Yahoo! Sports first reported that Ole Miss was aware of the Notice of Allegations.

ETA: b-b-b-but....I thought they hadn't received any letters?

The announcement was not unexpected but comes at a bad time for the football program, which is trying to lock down one of the nation's most highly regarded recruiting classes before national signing day on Wednesday.

The class is currently ranked No. 4, according to Rivals.com.

The Ole Miss investigation began in 2012 when women's basketball coach Adrian Wiggins and two assistants were fired after a school investigation found academic and recruiting misconduct. Two players were ruled ineligible and the school self-imposed a one-year postseason ban.

ETA: Academic Fraud. You have that in more than one program and you quickly get into LOIC territory.

Ole Miss officials later acknowledged that the NCAA was also looking into issues regarding the football program.

Left tackle Laremy Tunsil received a seven-game suspension this season after the NCAA ruled he received several improper benefits, including the use of three loaner cars over a six-month period, an interest-free four-month promissory note on a $3,000 down payment for a used car and a plane ticket.

Tunsil played the final six games, but the athletic department's culpability could still be examined by the NCAA.

ETA: b-b-b-but...I thought the Tunsil matter was over?

A separate NCAA probe from last year involving Louisiana-Lafayette also involved Ole Miss.

The Ragin' Cajuns investigation centered on former football assistant David Saunders. The school, in correspondence with the NCAA, said Saunders' issues — which included academic impropriety — might date back to his days at Ole Miss. The correspondence also said that Ole Miss' legal counsel and NCAA enforcement staff interviewed Saunders in 2013.

Saunders most recently worked at Ole Miss in 2010 under Nutt. Freeze became the Ole Miss head coach in December 2011.

Saunders was given an eight-year show-cause in the Louisiana-Lafayette case after the NCAA ruled he made an effort to arrange fraudulent college entrance exam scores for recruits. The school did not receive a postseason ban but was put on probation for two years and lost 11 scholarships over three seasons.

VanLingleMungo
01-29-2016, 07:49 PM
The timing of the story is perfect except if they had waited until tomorrow morning it may have been better

shannondawg
01-29-2016, 08:04 PM
My buddy wants to bet me that they haven't received anything from the NCAA. He said it is all false and was leaked by the Bama folk. He said they are just trying to ruin their big recruiting weekend. Hell i almost felt sorry for him. He normally knows so much as to what is going on at our place so he thinks.

The reason I didn't bet him, it might be a trick bet. It could have gone to their lawyer or whatever..

He said that the leaker has been identified, and priced is to pay. I told him that not only myself, but all my friends really thought it was a dastardly thing to do.. Haven't heard anymore.

msstate7
01-29-2016, 08:09 PM
My buddy wants to bet me that they haven't received anything from the NCAA. He said it is all false and was leaked by the Bama folk. He said they are just trying to ruin their big recruiting weekend. Hell i almost felt sorry for him. He normally knows so much as to what is going on at our place so he thinks.

The reason I didn't bet him, it might be a trick bet. It could have gone to their lawyer or whatever..

He said that the leaker has been identified, and priced is to pay. I told him that not only myself, but all my friends really thought it was a dastardly thing to do.. Haven't heard anymore.

Bjork said he couldn't comment bc of confidentiality concerns. Seems like bjork would've just denied it if they haven't gotten a letter... Weird

Reason2succeed
01-29-2016, 08:17 PM
http://colleges.startclass.com/stories/6781/most-beautiful-college-campuses?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=sponsored&utm_campaign=ao.ss.yh.dt.6781#6-University-of-Mississippi

AND...so much for it being because they have such a beautiful campus. It seems that Colorado, University of Virginia, and Cincinatti have more beautiful campuses. I don't see any of them pulling in top 10 classes.

VanLingleMungo
01-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Maybe they don't have it yet but have been told by the ncaa it is coming.

shannondawg
01-29-2016, 08:23 PM
And then he said that he hoped that he hoped they gave their crappy women's basketball the death penalty. I just wondered why they would if nothing had been received..

I wish I could send those texts to some of my buddies. This ain't just some goober, he is a bank president goober.

ILOATHEBears
01-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Maybe they don't have it yet but have been told by the ncaa it is coming.

If I'm a 4/5 star croot and tonight freezes says nothing to see here it was the previous coach but then the croot gets his red backpack with his allotted visit cash, said croot has to think to himself this is one lying bastard....

Jack Lambert
01-29-2016, 08:46 PM

I read the CL, ESPN and CBS about it and the Ole Miss spin machine is working hard. They are worried.

confucius say
01-29-2016, 10:54 PM

I posted this earlier. Who cares if it happened under a different staff. You think USCw was punished less bc Pete Carroll had bolted?

GumpDawg
01-29-2016, 10:57 PM
http://colleges.startclass.com/stories/6781/most-beautiful-college-campuses?
utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=sponsored&utm_campaign=ao.ss.yh.dt.6781#6-University-of-Mississippi

AND...so much for it being because they have such a beautiful campus. It seems that Colorado, University of Virginia, and Cincinatti have more beautiful campuses. I don't see any of them pulling in top 10 classes.

Well Colorado did for a moment in time and we see how that turned out. Lesson for the Bears?

Bdawg
01-29-2016, 11:12 PM
If I'm a 4/5 star croot and tonight freezes says nothing to see here it was the previous coach but then the croot gets his red backpack with his allotted visit cash, said croot has to think to himself this is one lying bastard....
And if the kid doesn't get his backpack that he was promised for coming, Freeze is also a lier!! Pretty funny to me