PDA

View Full Version : So they self-sanctioned scholly's

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 05:51 PM
In 2015? How many? Are they doing it again this year? Why are you taking away scholly's in football when it's 90% WBB and track issues? Even their spin raises more questions

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-rebels-ncaa-allegations-houston-nutt-hugh-freeze-ross-ross-bjork-012916

Liverpooldawg
01-29-2016, 05:55 PM
They did? If so they never announced it.

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 06:00 PM
According to Feldman, a source said they did. I'm not sure I believe that. I think they are just saying that for spin but if it's not in the NOA the NCAA won't stand for a backtracked scholarship reduction. They had to have conversations that they would be doing that or it doesn't count.

Dawgology
01-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Someone needs to comment on that article and call them out. I thought sanctions (self imposed or not) had to be publicly declared. Also, they keep talking about this dealing with the former staff but wasn't Hugh Freeze part of the former staff as an assistant coach???

Bothrops
01-29-2016, 06:10 PM
You can't believe anything coming out of Oxford right now.

DancingRabbit
01-29-2016, 06:16 PM
NY Times says Hugh Freeze is involved in some of the allegations.

Some of the allegations regarding the football program date back to previous coach Houston Nutt, but others involve current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. The person said the Ole Miss football program has already taken some steps ? like reducing recruiting official visits ? to try to mitigate any punishment from the NCAA.

And, as mentioned above why limit football recruiting visits if this is 90% women's basketball?

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/01/29/sports/ncaafootball/ap-fbc-ncaa-mississippi.html?_r=1

Beaver
01-29-2016, 06:24 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/01/29/sports/ncaafootball/ap-fbc-ncaa-mississippi.html?_r=1

Yep. Here's that line. "Some of the allegations regarding the football program date back to previous coach Houston Nutt, but others involve current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday."

Kinda takes all of the thunder out of the claims that they were all pre-Freeze.

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 06:26 PM
In 2015? How many? Are they doing it again this year? Why are you taking away scholly's in football when it's 90% WBB and track issues? Even their spin raises more questions

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-rebels-ncaa-allegations-houston-nutt-hugh-freeze-ross-ross-bjork-012916

The word is that they didn't take away scholarships, but they took away some allowable visits.

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Yep. Here's that line. "Some of the allegations regarding the football program date back to previous coach Houston Nutt, but others involve current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday."

Kinda takes all of the thunder out of the claims that they were all pre-Freeze.

Their spin is still in place for this tidbit, too. They say that those infractions tied to Freeze are typical, minor infractions that everyone self-reports every year.

AlmostPositive
01-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Even a third-tier law school can churn out first-rate liars.

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 06:44 PM
The word is that they didn't take away scholarships, but they took away some allowable visits.

Well the source misspoke to Feldman then.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-29-2016, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=Beaver;494183]Yep. Here's that line. "Some of the allegations regarding the football program date back to previous coach Houston Nutt, but others involve current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday."

Coach 34 is killin' it!! Quoted by the NY Times! Dang!!

archdog
01-29-2016, 07:38 PM
So they cut scholarships, how the heck did that happen without publically saying that is what they are doing. I mean they could have simply not been able to fill those scholarships. No way the NCAA would accept that. You have to admit guilt and then take the sanction. You can't deny for years any wrong doing and then claim you took a scholly reduction. That makes zero sense. You can't deny for years and pose a sanction against yourself. Part of the entire thing is admitting that you are a cheating piece of shit in public.

Harrydawg
01-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Ding, ding, ding......it takes a New York AP writer to say that.

The U' network is strong, I'll say that. They own the local media, own.

Did ya see Riley Blevins tweet as to why a local source would not break this news......he said "everybody knows why"

VanLingleMungo
01-29-2016, 07:55 PM
I think Freeze was there under Orgeron but not under Nutt. I don't think Nutt wanted him for some reason.

gtowndawg
01-29-2016, 08:22 PM
I never listen to sports 56 in memphis. It's Ole miss homers. But I turned it on tonight for one minute. In that minute I swear to heaven above they said:

-has nothing to do with freeze
-NCAA is ruining people's lives
-Ole Miss should just tell the NCAA to pound sand and dare them to try and enforce this.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-29-2016, 08:35 PM
-NCAA is ruining people's lives

yeah the sad lives of the CHF cult currently coming out of the woodworks to defend his sanctity. quite possibly saving the lives of the actual players involved. The NCAA might be the only thing standing between them & a 4th story hotel window.

whosyourdawgy
01-29-2016, 08:39 PM

And, as mentioned above why limit football recruiting visits if this is 90% women's basketball?

The part that caught my eye was this. "The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.". So that to me means this ain't over like all the Bear talking heads are saying.

Bully13
01-29-2016, 08:59 PM
It doesn't take a lawyer or rocket scientist to know this investigation would have been over a long time ago if there were no wrong doings post Freeze.

Homedawg
01-29-2016, 09:50 PM
I will say this- if ole miss doesn't get hammered- then college athletics as we know it(which is already corrupt enough) is over. It will be just a great big shit show.

HailState39110
01-29-2016, 10:30 PM
I will say this- if ole miss doesn't get hammered- then college athletics as we know it(which is already corrupt enough) is over. It will be just a great big shit show.

I don't think OM will get hammered, but if ULL got 2 years and 9 schollies one would think OM gets a little worse . I'll go with 3 years probation and 15 schollies (with no postseason ban) . Other self sanctions would ensue such as loss of recruiting contact , etc

Where people are saying OM is already self imposing have to be wrong as they are signing a really large class with more than 25 . No way they are already conceding to the NCAA. Looks like a big middle finger to me

Spiderman
01-29-2016, 10:32 PM
I think Freeze was there under Orgeron but not under Nutt. I don't think Nutt wanted him for some reason.

Because O told Nutt that Freeze was a "Back stabbing little shit"

that is no bullshit

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Because O told Nutt that Freeze was a "Back stabbing little shit"

that is no bullshit

100% true and told by Rebels as well, at the time. Now many seem to forget that.

Spiderman
01-29-2016, 10:58 PM
100% true and told by Rebels as well, at the time. Now many seem to forget that.

Absolutely... the shame is we don't have all the Nafoom and Rebs on Sixpack jizzing all over Nutt saved