PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt

MafiaDawg
01-29-2016, 05:45 PM
What is everyone's thoughts of his reporting and work? In my opinion if the roles were reversed and he worked for Ole Miss they would have run him out of town. But we will probably promote him.

Op4isabitch
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
I agree, Matt was a good Dawg but he's into the money making business now. He is just playing his role on the radio show, doing what he is told by Richard and his bosses.

RougeDawg
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
What is everyone's thoughts of his reporting and work? In my opinion if the roles were reversed and he worked for Ole Miss they would have run him out of town. But we will probably promote him.

For some odd reason your post is the exact thought that popped into my head when I read the topic. He would've been gone long ago.

EAVdog
01-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Honestly it's kind of boring. The show is called 'Head to Head' and he's just not very confrontational especially when given an opportunity like this. The show is better when they mix it up just a little. But he doesn't take sides enough, Richie always comes at it form the Bear Spin angle.

Goldendawg
01-29-2016, 06:01 PM
I listen to "Head to Head" on my ride home and sometimes in my home. JMHO, but Matt also seems to make $ doing a lot of play by play of MSU sports events. If "he seems to protest to much for Ole Miss", I for one will have no desire to listen to him again doing MSU events. Unless he has hard facts, he better stay away from opinions.

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Loved him as a player. Not so much as a voice piece for MSU.

Bothrops
01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Not to change the subject, but Finebaum has his shield and armor on for the Sea Bears right now.

MafiaDawg
01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
I just can't imagine any other school putting up with one of their main radio personalities spending so much time and energy defending their main rival. Think about him taking over for Jim one day. But hey, we are Mitippi Tate!

Goldendawg
01-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Like I posted, I don't care to listen to him do any more State sports if he does not stick to the facts on what may drag on for many months.

RezDawg
01-29-2016, 06:26 PM
What the hell? Does he have a law degree or something? Usually, political leaders and/or famous lawyers speak at those type of things. Weird.

EAVdog
01-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Dude, Finebaum knows what's up. He also knows where the leak came from. He's setting them up.

In a couple of weeks he'll be all "I'm shocked, I was defending them and I'm just blown away by all these allegations. Very serious Allegations". Can't be too coordinated.

Goldendawg
01-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Seems like he once claimed to have the goods on the "Scam Newton case", but never came through with it back in the day, also. We all know after Cam's dad embarrassed Cam that he only went to Auburn for books, meals and tuition.

archdog
01-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Seems like he once claimed to have the goods on the "Scam Newton case", but never came through with it back in the day, also. We all know after Cam's dad embarrassed Cam that he only went to Auburn for books, meals and tuition.

So the Bears were looking to do a shark tank a while back, I wonder if they will really do it. Random thought of the day.

VanLingleMungo
01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
I like Matt and think he does a good job.

TUSK
01-29-2016, 07:56 PM

That was Danny Sheridan...

Martianlander
01-29-2016, 10:31 PM
I like Matt and think he does a good job.

Troll!!!!!

Martianlander
01-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Matt tries too hard to be "fair" and takes the tsun side. Richard is an unm idiot that thinks they are always right. Very disappointed in Matt. Just as soon we get him off broadcast and let him do H2H if that's what he wants. I don't listen to H2H anymore.

dawgwood
01-29-2016, 10:38 PM
Matt Wyatt sucks with play by play calling.Imo

Goldendawg
01-29-2016, 10:41 PM
BTW, sorry I mixed up Finebaum with Sheridan. Before the SEC Network, I only faintly knew him as a sports radio guy with a show in AL. If you ask me the SEC Network has carried him nationwide. I do watch him at times after work. I don't think he really knows enough about UM to be defending Freeze like he is. I too think that Matt needs to be careful during this situation with his remarks. You're either "True Maroon" or you're not.

I seen it dawg
01-29-2016, 11:48 PM
He's a useless sack of shit

Mjoelner34
01-29-2016, 11:51 PM
.....could be the next CL beat writer for Ole Miss.

Op4isabitch
01-30-2016, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Matt gone, he hasn't proved to be a friend to MSU since getting into bed with the rebels.
No punn intended.

I seen it dawg
01-30-2016, 08:35 AM
**** that guy

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 08:50 AM
What the hell? Does he have a law degree or something? Usually, political leaders and/or famous lawyers speak at those type of things. Weird.

Paaawwwll does have a law degree and practiced before becoming a journalist. EAV is right too, he has to slow bake this based on what comes out from other outlets bc of his position at the SEC network.

Pinto
01-30-2016, 09:24 AM
Matt should be gone, but our AD and ath Dept doesn't cut dead or hurtful weight.

C222
01-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Immediately after the news broke he tweets that his "sources" tell him it has nothing to do with Hugh. I don't get it. They have no one that would do something like that.

We need everyone on our side acting like they are about to get the death penalty. Thanks Matt! Idiot.

confucius say
01-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Immediately after the news broke he tweets that his "sources" tell him it has nothing to do with Hugh. I don't get it. They have no one that would do something like that.

We need everyone on our side acting like they are about to get the death penalty. Thanks Matt! Idiot.

He should at least tweet the ny times is reporting the opposite-that freeze is involved to some degree at least. I mean at the very least be neutral.

Schultzy
01-30-2016, 09:38 AM

The New York Times sources disagrees with Matt's sources.

Reason2succeed
01-30-2016, 09:46 AM

Speaking of death penalty I had heard that the NCAA had ruled out such actions but after a quick wiki I see that the NCAA has dealt out the death penalty as recently as 2005.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

"However, if the NCAA finds a school has engaged in a "pattern of willful violations," it can look back to when the violations first occurred, even if they are outside the five-year window.[3] It also still has the power to ban a school from competing in a sport without any preliminaries in cases of particularly egregious violations."

With 30 allegations over 3 sports in the first NOA and another NOA to come I don't think we should rule out a death penalty of one year. Befoire you say it can't happen remember how brazen their staff and fans have been about their illegal recruiting. They literally hired a coach because of his ability to cheat.

MafiaDawg
01-30-2016, 10:49 AM
It just goes to show how the Ath Dept doesn't care what one of the faces of its media says. I'm not saying be ridiculously bias bc that would be counter productive, But don't jump to defend the rival when you DONT KNOW THE FACTS. Unless Matt has somehow seen the letter, which we know isn't true.

Really Clark?
01-30-2016, 10:56 AM
He did tweet this a min ago

State fans, look forward to the day you get a NOA with 30 snafus in 3 sports, because that’s good news for your program, I’m told. #WhoKnew?

mic
01-30-2016, 11:27 AM
**** that guy

I second this..

War Machine Dawg
01-30-2016, 11:47 AM
The New York Times sources disagrees with Matt's sources.

Matt's "sources" are a former Northern Miss homecoming queen he's married to. That's why he won't stand up for us.

War Machine Dawg
01-30-2016, 11:49 AM
He did tweet this a min ago

State fans, look forward to the day you get a NOA with 30 snafus in 3 sports, because that’s good news for your program, I’m told. #WhoKnew?

Matt will tweet, but he doesn't have the nuts to say it on air where it might actually have impact. Can't afford to make wifey and her big money Northern Miss family upset. It's time for him to decide if he's pro-MSU or pro-Northern Miss.

dawgoneyall
01-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Matt fan but he needs to pick sides. He is about to lose his MSU fan base. How he handles this is his choice but he had better not alienate the MSU fans.

Will Kollmeyer (his firend) would be an excellent replacement. And if I keep hearing what I am hearing on HtoH I would not be against a change.

was21
01-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Finebaum does not have a law degree. As for Wyatt, have never been impressed with him as the color guy on football or on the radio show. Cross is an OM guy and it's obvious. Wyatt, on the other hand, just seems to defer to Cross and does not really ever take a firm stand on anything related to State. I think he just sold out to be employed. Hope he does not replace Jim when the time comes.

War Machine Dawg
01-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Matt fan but he needs to pick sides. He is about to lose his MSU fan base. How he handles this is his choice but he had better not alienate the MSU fans.

Will Kollmeyer (his firend) would be an excellent replacement. And if I keep hearing what I am hearing on HtoH I would not be against a change.

Kollmeyer needs to replace Jim. He'd be great for play-by-play and I know for a fact Kollmeyer would crawl over broken glass naked for the job. I enjoy Matt as our color guy, but when it comes to being an ambassador for the school and pushing the message, he's awful. Time for him to get with the program or get gone.

Op4isabitch
01-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Isn't Kollmeyer a Bear?

dawgoneyall
01-30-2016, 01:54 PM
I know also. He is an acquaintance of mine.

He told me years ago he would jump at the job.

As they said that wasn't hearsay.

dawgoneyall
01-30-2016, 01:55 PM
He has a job with them.

I will say no more.

And to be clear he has never said if he prefers one over the other.

gravedigger
01-30-2016, 02:11 PM

If you like long rambling irrelevant talk about nothing, he's your guy.

Remember "Hannity and Combs" on fox?

Matt is Combs.

Grind_for_my_state
01-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Matt is a great bulldog, you guys want someone who's non bias but only if it pushes the agenda. Let this all unfold. If ole miss burns then we'll rejoice. Right now it's all speculation and hearsay.

gravedigger
01-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Matt is a great bulldog, you guys want someone who's non bias but only if it pushes the agenda. Let this all unfold. If ole miss burns then we'll rejoice. Right now it's all speculation and hearsay.

All i ask is tht he is interesting for a 25 minute ride home after work.

He has NEVER pulled that off. Richard and the guest hosts do better than matt.

He can be a good bulldog without a microphone and serve his school better.

Belegal
01-30-2016, 02:27 PM
I personally like Matt & thinks he does a good job- that said I was disappointed at him yesterday on his show-saying it could be good or bad or in between- while OM paints it's as no big deal- Matt should have stated how bad it could be taking over 3 years & involving possible academic fraud- then point out if any current players took their act in Wayne county (conners ? -others?) even more serious- then point out good chance of charge of loss of institutional control due to 3 sports being involved- that the things Matt needs to drive home & maybe help our recruiting & hurt theirs!

I seen it dawg
01-30-2016, 02:36 PM

Then maybe he should have waited before shooting his mouth off about its nothing significant since it's all speculation and hearsay. Great may be a reach. He needs to nut up and decide of he's gonna be a bulldog or commit to the other side.

Grind_for_my_state
01-30-2016, 02:52 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot you would be killing a radio guy for supporting taking sides.

War Machine Dawg
01-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Isn't Kollmeyer a Bear?

They hired him from ICC, but his dream was to replace Jack when he retired. Kollmeyer is actually from Minnesota, but he's a Dog.

War Machine Dawg
01-30-2016, 02:56 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot you would be killing a radio guy for supporting taking sides.

Anyone else getting a whiff of Bear scat from this guy?
http://i.imgur.com/GZIoeto.gif

gtowndawg
01-30-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't know Matt, but as others have said, he married into a big Ole miss family, his wife (based on twitter photos) is still sold old for UNM. Heck, he post pictures of kids wearing Ole miss clothes. All that is fine, there's many homes divided like that, but I question his ability to come down hard on the bears because of his familiy.

Just another reason I miss jack. Give me someone that curses UNM when the microphone is turned off.

dawgoneyall
01-30-2016, 03:07 PM

Dawgbite
01-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Matt is a good dog, he is just a rational human being that doesn't skew everything to match an agenda. Dick on the other hand is the epitome of the bear fan base, he paints everything in red and blue. Both are very representative of there respective fan bases. The contrast between the two can be frustrating from a fans perspective but the alternative would be two Dicks on the radio literally and figuratively. I personally would rather have a rational host than two dualling propaganda mouthpieces.

Grind_for_my_state
01-30-2016, 04:22 PM
If not agreeing with someone makes you a bear then yeah I guess I am.

Grind_for_my_state
01-30-2016, 04:25 PM
yeah I'm a bear who supports and ex Msu qb, makes sense. I just believe that when you are in the buisnesses they are you have to be professional. Not run around saying things you aren't sure of and looking like a fool on statewide radio

CadaverDawg
01-30-2016, 04:35 PM
I like Matt, but he needs to grow a pair & quit being Richard's bitch. Stand up for MSU...it's your right, and guess what, people expect you to. You aren't fooling anybody by playing the non-bias card. Richard doesn't pretend, so it makes Matt look weak

Reason2succeed
01-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Just because someone is on the radio doesn't make them a journalist that has the professional expectation to be unbiased. On a show entitled head to head I would EXPECT to hear biased points of views from both teams. Without that the show would be pretty stupid. One side trying to be objective and the other spewing their spin is not entertaining either. Matt can be a good Bulldawg by himself with his wife.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2016, 04:36 PM
I don't know Matt, but as others have said, he married into a big Ole miss family, his wife (based on twitter photos) is still sold old for UNM. Heck, he post pictures of kids wearing Ole miss clothes. All that is fine, there's many homes divided like that, but I question his ability to come down hard on the bears because of his familiy.

Just another reason I miss jack. Give me someone that curses UNM when the microphone is turned off.

This^ is why Matt belongs nowhere near a show called "Head to Head". He can't be the MSU voice vs Ole Miss bc he has OM family he can't offend.

Grind_for_my_state
01-30-2016, 04:48 PM
He doesn't represent Msu on head to head its just sports talk radio. It's no endorsed by either school. It's not funded by either school it's public radio. He gets press passes just like any other journalist when he's not calling games. I know Richards personality is annoying and obnoxious, Matt isn't that kinda guy. And frankly I wouldn't like him if he was.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Dick was born a rebel and Matt became a bulldog after Sherill recruited him. He'll never have the loyalty to MSU that Dick has for om. If he wasn't the color analyst for football, I could maybe understand it a little more.

cheewgumm
01-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Yeah, insert C34 into Wyatts role on that show. Wyatt can still call games or whatever but we need someone to actually argue FOR State.

CadaverDawg
01-30-2016, 06:47 PM
He doesn't represent Msu on head to head its just sports talk radio. It's no endorsed by either school. It's not funded by either school it's public radio. He gets press passes just like any other journalist when he's not calling games. I know Richards personality is annoying and obnoxious, Matt isn't that kinda guy. And frankly I wouldn't like him if he was.

Yes he does represent MSU on that show. That's why the show was created with that title and a OM guy and an MSU guy. And like others have said, you can't have one guy wearing his fan hat the whole show while the other tries to show no bias. It makes Matt look weak and stupid. Nobody said he has to be a pompous prick like Cross....just be the voice of MSU on that show. Otherwise, rename it....because getting Cross to be unbiased isn't an option. He's incapable.

Then again, if he wants to keep looking like the weak MSU guy that gets pushed around by the OM guy, keep doing what he's doing. I quit listening after a month of the show bc Cross basically played the role of Matt's daddy & Matt won't stand up for himself or MSU.

MafiaDawg
01-30-2016, 07:25 PM
It sounds like no one actually listens to h2h so hopefully the problem will work itself out. Only so many bear sharks can support a state wide radio show.

Belegal
01-31-2016, 12:58 AM
Additionally - why not question the Alabama player suspended by Alabama due to his recruitment by OM? Saban said it was due to inducements by another school & it was down to bama & om? What's the deal if not om payments? I forget the players name- sorry

chainedup_Dawg
01-31-2016, 01:05 AM
Additionally - why not question the Alabama player suspended by Alabama due to his recruitment by OM? Saban said it was due to inducements by another school & it was down to bama & om? What's the deal if not om payments? I forget the players name- sorry

Wasn't that Scarbrough (sp?)?