PDA

View Full Version : Keep this in mind about all this investigation stuff....

Coach34
01-29-2016, 04:24 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/29/report-ole-miss-receives-notice-of-allegations/

"The NCAA opened up a second investigation last season following the news regarding Laremy Tunsil and his connection to a sports agent. That investigation was a separate incident and is not connected to this ongoing investigation, as far as anyone knows at this stage."

There's alot more to come on all this

starkvegasdawg
01-29-2016, 04:35 PM
So this is just the ncaa's first nut and they still have another load to go. So it's still coming.

PassInterference
01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
The NCAA started this years ago. Every crumb led to another and another. It was clear there was no end to OMs cheating. The NCAA had to moved forward with one NOA while it continued with the next chapter that's being written as we speak.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Yep. Don't let the Ole Miss dipshits spin this into "it's all about women's hoops"....No. Not only is football involved in investigation #1, but it's the ONLY focus of investigation #2. And Lack of Institutional Control should be a REAL concern for them with this second investigation in addition to 3 sports in the first one.

Saltydog
01-29-2016, 04:39 PM
track and field and Women's BB. I assume that matters not or so I would think. Could they possibly be charged with LOIC?

GreenheadDawg
01-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Ha do you really believe that the NCAA spent all this time and effort over ****ing track and WBB. Give me a break. This thing is all about football and those loafer wearing, butt-chugging pussies know it. I hope Bucky doesn't live in a log cabin cause that son of a bitch is saw dust by now

MarketingBully
01-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Some of the track and field violations are because of football. Apparently they were using Track athletes as bagmen for the football team. I heard this from another site. If true, it's slimey and ingenious and no wonder they were getting away with it because who would suspect that?

MarketingBully
01-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Hey Coach, so with this second NOA, can they tag it as repeat offender? I don't think they have seen such disregard of the rules since they investigated Miami. Will be really interesting how they handle the punishment especially for the second NOA.

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Hey Coach, so with this second NOA, can they tag it as repeat offender? I don't think they have seen such disregard of the rules since they investigated Miami. Will be really interesting how they handle the punishment especially for the second NOA.

I'm not coach, but I can assure you, if there are two separate investigations, and they notify of infractions as a result of that second investigation on the heels of this first thing, that will be considered repeat offender. That's also where the really big things would come into play - LOIC and show clauses. The continuing investigation is the biggest deal in all of this to me, and of course it's probably going to be the most overlooked piece of this in the eyes of the reb lurkers.

Coach34
01-29-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm not coach, but I can assure you, if there are two separate investigations, and they notify of infractions as a result of that second investigation on the heels of this first thing, that will be considered repeat offender. That's also where the really big things would come into play - LOIC and show clauses. The continuing investigation is the biggest deal in all of this to me, and of course it's probably going to be the most overlooked piece of this in the eyes of the reb lurkers.

what Bubb said

JoseBrown
01-29-2016, 05:19 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/29/report-ole-miss-receives-notice-of-allegations/

"The NCAA opened up a second investigation last season following the news regarding Laremy Tunsil and his connection to a sports agent. That investigation was a separate incident and is not connected to this ongoing investigation, as far as anyone knows at this stage."

IT has arrived X 2!! Wow! What a day! Great job Coach!

I'll admit I was getting a little hesitant on wether or not "It" was gonna arrive...and "It" finally did, twice! What a day!

JoseBrown
01-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Nm

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
01-29-2016, 05:21 PM

From rebelnation (posted by a bear on my facebook)
The media loves a splashy headline, but the truth is Ole Miss Football doesn't have much to worry about. The Laremy Tunsil situation was dealt with by a 7-game suspension. All other allegations are either unrelated to football or very old, Houston Nutt era news. Carry on with your Super Recruiting Weekend activities. #olemiss #hottytoddy

Saltydog
01-29-2016, 05:21 PM
second investigation. Certainly Tunsil would be connected to the second.

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 05:25 PM
I disagree somewhat. I think the first investigation will result in an LOIC charge and a possible bowl ban, but agree the 2nd is likely to bring show cause sanctions. Under new NCAA rules it's easier to hold the head coach responsible and I expect them to leverage that flexibility here. I don't necessarily think it'll be repeat offender since the actions did not occur while OM is on probation, but I could be wrong there I suppose.

lastmajordog
01-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Coach 34, right now what is your guess or projection about if and or how much this might affect their recruit a palooza?? If so which croots do you think might be more at risk for them to back out??

Statefan
01-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Interesting point I saw on SPS

How far back does the statute of limitations go for the NCAA? Because if it's 4 years or less it can't be stuff that happened with Nutt right?

Coach34
01-29-2016, 05:48 PM
There's a 5 year window- but the investigation started before then- so thats a non-issue

RougeDawg
01-29-2016, 06:01 PM
There's a 5 year window- but the investigation started before then- so thats a non-issue

Correct. Initial investigation started back around the CJ "white girl" Johnson, Pat Patterson era because I personally passed along the info (names, $, furniture pieces, etc) I had the the NCAA Indianapolis office. They only thanked me for the info but never would respond with the subsequent inquiries. I also funneled them specific details of a bone/job offer of a certain coastal recruit last season. I'm sure there are many more like me who have done the Same throughout the state. Believe me the depth and spread of the info they have is enormous and explains the length of the investigation.

Bucky Dog
01-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Coach and Hack, can't these initial charges include both Nutt and Freeze? It mentions how their success starting in 2013 have created waves and ruffled feathers throughout CFB. I'm wondering if they actually might have some shit on that 2013 class already in these allegations. I would also wonder why the NCAA would wait basically 5 years to make charges.

Mjoelner34
01-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Interesting point I saw on SPS

How far back does the statute of limitations go for the NCAA? Because if it's 4 years or less it can't be stuff that happened with Nutt right?

If they find an occurrence of academic fraud, then all bets are off. I posted a link on here a couple of weeks ago about the NCAA and UNC. Under their statute of limitations I think they only found 3 instances but that allowed them to go further back beyond the statute of limitations where they found hundreds of occurrences.

Bubb Rubb
01-29-2016, 06:22 PM
I disagree somewhat. I think the first investigation will result in an LOIC charge and a possible bowl ban, but agree the 2nd is likely to bring show cause sanctions. Under new NCAA rules it's easier to hold the head coach responsible and I expect them to leverage that flexibility here. I don't necessarily think it'll be repeat offender since the actions did not occur while OM is on probation, but I could be wrong there I suppose.

I think it's possible that they could get slammed harder with the first investigation, especially if the rumors are true about track and football being related, but I do think repeat offender would come into play with the second investigation for a couple of reasons. Mainly, it shows a consistent, willful pattern of misconduct over an extended period of time, and the fact that they aren't technically on probation doesn't change the fact that they were under investigation for almost three years before the latest stuff even came up.

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Coach and Hack, can't these initial charges include both Nutt and Freeze? It mentions how their success starting in 2013 have created waves and ruffled feathers throughout CFB. I'm wondering if they actually might have some shit on that 2013 class already in these allegations. I would also wonder why the NCAA would wait basically 5 years to make charges.

Yes. They are investigating the administration when Nutt was there and Freeze's tenure as well.

Bucky Dog
01-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Yes. They are investigating the administration when Nutt was there and Freeze's tenure as well.

Specifically the 2013 class?

Bucky Dog
01-29-2016, 06:45 PM
And did I read the initial investigation is still ongoing, and they just released what they had? Also the Tunsil incident started a second investigation?

Dawgtini
01-29-2016, 07:06 PM
And did I read the initial investigation is still ongoing, and they just released what they had? Also the Tunsil incident started a second investigation?
They have a second investigation ongoing. See nbcsports article. Also ny times says the first noa includes freeze.

DancingRabbit
01-29-2016, 07:22 PM
I don't think repeat offender charge comes into play until they release the final punishment for the first NOA's allegations. Anything that happens after that is fair game for repeat offender charges.

If they hand down major infractions for football plus one or two other sports, then LOIC looks very possible.

lastmajordog
01-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Just watched the 6 o'clock sports on channel 3 in Jackson and totally downplayed it.....totally. Just mentioned it was tied to previous coaches BUT the Tunsil situation may be related......geeeeze

lastmajordog
01-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Coach 34...this is the THIRD time i've asked this. What is YOUR projection or guess as to how this will affect this weekend recruit-a-pallooza. And if so what croots do you thing are most vulnerable to be swayed to NOT go to UNM.???

VanLingleMungo
01-29-2016, 08:02 PM
A friend told me today that the deal with Saunders and the ACT scam included athletes who went to LSU, Tennessee, La Tech and State. I hope this is not true. We don't need to be anywhere close to this mess.

Coach34
01-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Coach 34...this is the THIRD time i've asked this. What is YOUR projection or guess as to how this will affect this weekend recruit-a-pallooza. And if so what croots do you thing are most vulnerable to be swayed to NOT go to UNM.???

I think it has a minimal effect on this recruiting cycle.

Really Clark?
01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
A friend told me today that the deal with Saunders and the ACT scam included athletes who went to LSU, Tennessee, La Tech and State. I hope this is not true. We don't need to be anywhere close to this mess.

Enforcer! I knew it wouldn't take long before you reveled yourself.

Dawgowar
01-29-2016, 08:12 PM

Phase I - we all did this when our last dance with the NCAA started. The false hope rumors. Next you will move on to "too many SEC schools involved now, no way the conference lets it happen" But how could your friend know about possible violations that only twelve hours ago TSUN denied? Must be a lot of women's BBALL players and non-Act taking MoFo Track guys.

Don't forget

Learn the phrase, it will be your friend - "Everybody does it."

Saltydog
01-29-2016, 08:16 PM
suspension so that one is over and done, or so they say.

MSUDawg99
01-29-2016, 09:57 PM

Why isnt this one banned yet? Paging ED Enforcer! Where fore art thou Enforcer?

State82
01-29-2016, 10:32 PM

Time for you to go. Past time.

I seen it dawg
01-29-2016, 11:45 PM

Good luck ****

TimberBeast
01-29-2016, 11:52 PM
suspension so that one is over and done, or so they say.

The crazy thing is, the tunsil stuff alone should have them on probation for at least one year.

Most of the people on just this board alone are from various towns in MS and could tell many stories I'm sure. I am from Meridian and we could have several conversations about OM recruiting "tactics" throughout the years. Eason and Davis ring any bells? That was many years ago. The players change but the system is still in place.