PDA

View Full Version : Football Scoop doubles down. Interviews Martin

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2016, 09:52 AM
http://footballscoop.com/news/a-tweet-directed-at-us-sparked-an-interesting-discussion-about-professionalism/

C222
01-29-2016, 10:05 AM
http://footballscoop.com/news/a-tweet-directed-at-us-sparked-an-interesting-discussion-about-professionalism/

It's so obvious what he does. He reported Hev during recruiting. False. Made it look like O and Hopson were offered and turned us down. False.

For the actual hires, he's hours or days late reporting it. T-Buck, Sirmon, the GA.

He claims to have sources on the news that would hurt us and its never true. Anything positive for us he doesn't have and just reports it after the fact.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Bill did not handle that very well. He could have just said most of what you report turns out to be false and ended the conversation there.

gtowndawg
01-29-2016, 10:11 AM
that's why it's garbage. I don't know anyone that reads it, most don't know it exist.

You might as well pay for a Spirit subscription if you're going to read their site or follow them on twitter.

Beaver
01-29-2016, 10:11 AM
That was like reading an argument between a husband and wife...

Not sure why they feel the need to post an article defending themselves if they're "generally considered exceptionally accurate nationwide."

Thompson92
01-29-2016, 10:14 AM
That was like reading an argument between a husband and wife...

Not sure why they feel the need to post an article defending themselves if they're "generally considered exceptionally accurate nationwide."

Exactly. They felt the need to call Martin just to say "We're not unprofessional, YOU ARE." Truly the mark of exceptional journalism.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Because they know they aren't. He should have never taken the call. That was a mistake on his part. All of those sites run off the basis if you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick. Bill called them out on twitter and it should have ended there for him.

C222
01-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Because they know they aren't. He should have never taken the call. That was a mistake on his part. All of those sites run off the basis if you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick. Bill called them out on twitter and it should have ended there for him.

Yep

OSCAR
01-29-2016, 10:29 AM
While my first instinct was to feel some pride for Martin sticking up for the program, my second was he should just have stayed out of it. However, Trump has parlayed that very thing into a positive in the publics view, so what do I know, maybe we should go "all in." Lol

DCdawg
01-29-2016, 10:42 AM
I agree he shouldn't have even taken the call. On a different note, it's obviously not admitted but plenty of major programs control what their media members put out. That's what many of here have said should happen.

MadDawg
01-29-2016, 10:44 AM
That's the thing. Argue with an idiot on his level, and you look like an idiot too.

Does anyone think for a second this UNM homer accurately "paraphrased" the conversation? I'd love to hear Bill's side of the story.

ScoobaDawg
01-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Bill did not handle that very well. He could have just said most of what you report turns out to be false and ended the conversation there.

Exactly. Bill had to know he was going to post that trying to trash him. Bad move. He needs to keep his mouth shut.
We all can see what they are doing. martin obviously won't confirm it. So it looks bad on Scott instead.

Dawgtini
01-29-2016, 11:00 AM
I am not giving them the click. Martin should not even give those guys the time of day.

mic
01-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Bill should have just tweeted a pic with the wwe heavyweight title belt and told football scoop to meet him outside the athletic complex

mparkerfd20
01-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah that didn't end well for Bill. Wish he'd have just not answered the call.

BeardoMSU
01-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Yeah that didn't end well for Bill. Wish he'd have just not answered the call.

He was definitely made to look pretty foolish.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2016, 11:22 AM
I refuse to click that link, & encourage you all to do the same.

BeardoMSU
01-29-2016, 11:29 AM
I refuse to click that link, & encourage you all to do the same.

I read the article unfortunately, but CD is right. Honestly, other than being discussed here, I've never even heard of Footballscoop, and have certainly never read any of their articles (before today, obviously). Seems that ED is their best advertising tool.

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Well at least one person in our athletic department has some balls.

Bill Martin for AD!!!!

Johnson85
01-29-2016, 11:57 AM
He was definitely made to look pretty foolish.

Only by suckers that think that's even close to an accurate paraphrasing of a call. I can't imagine anything beyond the first three or four lines is close. Granted, probably most of their readers are dumb enough to think that's a close paraphrasing, but that's just proof that it was a mistake to take the call. You don't take calls from people that aren't bound by any professionalism or ethics.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2016, 12:10 PM

You hardly ever win in a situation such as that going head to head, and FootballScoop got exactly what they wanted. He was basically on their turf and on the defensive side of the discussion. They are in control of what is actually put out to the public. However, I have never seen them acknowledge that they were wrong on anything. Maybe I missed it?

gtowndawg
01-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Here's what went down:

Me: "Do you really like Mississippi State?"

Football Scoop: "Is this a clown question? Of course not, I went to Ole Miss. Next question."

Me: "Do you really have sources or do you read twitter and make guesses based on that?"

Football Scoop: "I do have sources, for real."

Me: "Who are they?"

Football Scoop: "Hugh, um, I mean, that's confidential. Sorry, I have to go now. I'm having lunch on the square."

I swear, that's how the call went**

mic
01-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Well at least one person in our athletic department has some balls.

Bill Martin for AD!!!!

Best post of the week....

Dawgtini
01-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Bill should have just tweeted a pic with the wwe heavyweight title belt and told football scoop to meet him outside the athletic complex

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mic again.

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Only by suckers that think that's even close to an accurate paraphrasing of a call. I can't imagine anything beyond the first three or four lines is close. Granted, probably most of their readers are dumb enough to think that's a close paraphrasing, but that's just proof that it was a mistake to take the call. You don't take calls from people that aren't bound by any professionalism or ethics.

That story, about MSU, is just another in a long line of examples of how he tries to harm MSU with every opportunity. Anyone who buys into that is either stupid or trying to hurt State right along side of him.

Thick
01-29-2016, 01:01 PM
I tweeted FootballScoop asking them if they had any information regarding the NCAA investigation of OM that they could share with the public, and if they had filed an FOIA in order to get that info? Crickets!

Political Hack
01-29-2016, 01:06 PM
I tweeted FootballScoop asking them if they had any information regarding the NCAA investigation of OM that they could share with the public, and if they had filed an FOIA in order to get that info? Crickets!

Hilarious. People should bombard them with these.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2016, 01:56 PM

What's your Twitter handle?

mic
01-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Well played ....

gtowndawg
01-29-2016, 02:19 PM

nice

mstatefan91
01-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Lol at all of you claiming to have read the article but didn't take enough time to stop and process the fact that it is a paraphrased conversation which means he can say anything and later just go, "its just paraphrased."

The guy is completely full of himself. Just look at this nonsense...

We report it?the coaching profession appreciates & relies upon this info. Trust me on this.

mstatefan91
01-29-2016, 02:48 PM
You hardly ever win in a situation such as that going head to head, and FootballScoop got exactly what they wanted. He was basically on their turf and on the defensive side of the discussion. They are in control of what is actually put out to the public. However, I have never seen them acknowledge that they were wrong on anything. Maybe I missed it?

It's a paraphrased conversation meaning the footballscoop asshat can write anything he wants and paint it any way he likes. Come on man.

Bama_Dawg
01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Wow, well, they got what they wanted. Many of us went over there to read the article, me included. I do consider it classless to post a paraphrased article; there was certainly more to the interview. I mean there are lies, damn lies, and statistics, but now I'd have to include "FootballScoop's paraphrasing" in along with statistics.

To say you are doing it to defend your business is crap. If you are in the "media" traditional or not, you and your business will be called liars, cheats, and classless. Its all part of doing business. Welcome to the media, Football Scoop. Take your lumps and carry on.

I just hope when those guys come over to gloat (of course they won't post, they'll lurk) that they click an ad.

maroonmania
01-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Hilarious. People should bombard them with these.

Exactly, can't believe Football Scoop was scooped by Pat Forde. Its shocking I tell you, shocking!