PDA

View Full Version : Northern Miss, the ACT, and Academic Fraud

War Machine Dawg
01-28-2016, 01:06 PM
For those who don't think the allegations of academic fraud and proof of a widespread ACT scam are serious, know this: There are people in Georgia who went to prison for something similar in regards to a testing scam. The NCAA might not be the only party interested in what's happening at Northern Miss. And those other interested parties may have much more power than the NCAA. I don't have any sources, but there may be more to come on that front they should worry about - especially if more is uncovered in regards to how widespread the fraud is. Just thought I'd put it out there as food for thought.

Saltydog
01-28-2016, 01:24 PM
about, the most corrupt State in the country according to a recent poll. Too much confederate money in this State for that to happen.

gtowndawg
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
I envision a Making A Murderer type documentary. The recorded calls from prison will be priceless.

BossDawg
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
about, the most corrupt State in the country according to a recent poll. Too much confederate money in this State for that to happen.

Indeed. A corrupt state filled with politicians and attorneys with direct ties to UMiss....and those politicians and attorneys put the people's needs on the back burner because their priority right now is funneling cash to the UM football program. Yes, I'm pretty much saying that Mississippi is stuck with the title of "Most Corrupt State" because a large contingent of our leadership makes UMiss football a priority over everything, even over the people they work for and their own families. It's pathetic but that's the way it is. That might sound wild and extravagant, but it's the truth.

And they don't care. Watching the state of Mississippi and her people burn to the ground is worth a national championship to them....if for no other reason than to have something to rub in the faces of State fans and to justify their hot air about being "the Flagship". They are a selfish, elitist ilk for sure.

Martianlander
01-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Anybody got 60 Minutes phone number. Or Bob Woodward?

missouridawg
01-28-2016, 01:54 PM
This would be a good Bob Ley piece.

JDog13
01-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Go watch killing fields. They filmed the 6 show series near Baton Rouge. I watch it and pretend it's the ncaa at ole miss. It eases the pain.

Jack Lambert
01-28-2016, 02:48 PM

NOt to get political but we are most corrupt because our Sec of State and AG hunt down and send to jail public figures and employees. Don't think other states are as clean as you think.

the59dawg
01-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Anybody got 60 Minutes phone number. Or Bob Woodward?

You ever heard of google?

BayouDawg
01-28-2016, 03:01 PM
I thought Mississippi was corrupt. But then I moved to Louisiana. LA politics make MS politics look like Sunday school

Mjoelner34
01-28-2016, 03:07 PM
NOt to get political but we are most corrupt because our Sec of State and AG hunt down and send to jail public figures and employees. Don't think other states are as clean as you think.

^^^THIS^^^

maroonmania
01-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Well I agree that it would take something from a Federal level to be any issue. The State of MS wouldn't ever do anything to UNM, that's not even a question.

Saltydog
01-28-2016, 03:37 PM
not a single person goes to jail or gets fired due to this.

oldjoedawg
01-28-2016, 04:23 PM
I like ole Roadie (not sure of spelling)....would have hated to have him on my trail....

Go watch killing fields. They filmed the 6 show series near Baton Rouge. I watch it and pretend it's the ncaa at ole miss. It eases the pain.

JDog13
01-28-2016, 05:00 PM
I like ole Roadie (not sure of spelling)....would have hated to have him on my trail....

He's good. Grooming the younger guy right.

DancingRabbit
01-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm hopeful the ULL lawsuit against the ACT will bring some things to light that can't be ignored.

Barking 13
01-28-2016, 05:31 PM

I'm gon' get that sumbitch... Robert... Kimchee been to red stick? lol

MaxedOutMaroon
01-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Blah blah blah... Every single day there is a thread on its serious, it's in the making, it's going to happen! Until there are proven sources, I don't Think the realistic fan is going to buy it. Threads like these are the reason we get labels like "little brother" and such.

Liverpooldawg
01-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Blah blah blah... Every single day there is a thread on its serious, it's in the making, it's going to happen! Until there are proven sources, I don't Think the realistic fan is going to buy it. Threads like these are the reason we get labels like "little brother" and such.

Spouting the party line? Interesting.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm hopeful the ULL lawsuit against the ACT will bring some things to light that can't be ignored.

I think ULL's response to the NCAA indicated that all this started at another school, which would be OM. I hope the lawsuit does too.

War Machine Dawg
01-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Spouting the party line? Interesting.

Not to mention I went out of my way to say I have no knowledge of other interested parties at this time. Just noting that a similar academic scandal in Georgia resulted in people going to prison. Therefore it wouldn't be a surprise if others become interested. Even if Northern Miss ultimately skates, by definition, this is a serious situation that casts doubt on the academic integrity of the institution and the entire state as it relates to testing. That isn't good for anyone.