PDA

View Full Version : An idea for recruiting season

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Why don't we make it a ban worthy offense to bring info to the board unless you are on the trusted list IYOK, EDRecruiting, Coach34 etc. I think that is the source of a lot of the premature meltdown on here. Some people ask the powers that be on here, get an answer and then there are those that visit other sites, listen to radio talk shows, talk to their uncles best friend's daddy's son and then come to the board with outrageous ideas and poison everyones viewpoint on things.

CarolinaDawgs
01-28-2016, 01:05 PM
This is a Liberal Idea if I ever heard one.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Why don't we make it a ban worthy offense to bring info to the board unless you are on the trusted list IYOK, EDRecruiting, Coach34 etc. I think that is the source of a lot of the premature meltdown on here. Some people ask the powers that be on here, get an answer and then there are those that visit other sites, listen to radio talk shows, talk to their uncles best friend's daddy's son and then come to the board with outrageous ideas and poison everyones viewpoint on things.

I don't agree with this because there are some people who may not necessarily be into recruiting but has info on a particular kid. You don't want to cut out potential good info.

pdawg10msu
01-28-2016, 01:29 PM

Are you voting for Bernie Saunders by chance?

Dawgology
01-28-2016, 01:35 PM

Now...excuse my while I go to vote for Hillary and a nationwide gun ban!!!**

Worst idea ever.... it would certainly kill the board if that's what your plan is though

confucius say
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Yea I don't think that's a good idea. But I wish people would qualify their statements by saying it's just their opinion unless they have a credible source.

Except for the few posters whom we know are normally reliable.

thf24
01-28-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't know about a ban, but I have thought it would be interesting for everyone to have a right/wrong score below their name. Might be a little too much for the mods to keep up with though.

Also, even though it would be unenforceable, I would be in favor of a rule against assertive predictions with no info behind them.

TUSK
01-28-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't know about a ban, but I have thought it would be interesting for everyone to have a right/wrong score below their name. Might be a little too much for the mods to keep up with though.

Also, even though it would be unenforceable, I would be in favor of a rule against assertive predictions with no info behind them.

Now that's a cool idea.... If it's not overly burdensome for the Mod-types, I second this.

ScoobaDawg
01-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Now that's a cool idea.... If it's not overly burdensome for the Mod-types, I second this.

There is this thing called a rep meter. But thats the only thing thats gonna happen.

Swagger Vance
01-28-2016, 04:10 PM

First of all your trusted list is suspect. Secondly, if you can't handle poison and outrage then you should avoid Internet comment platforms.