PDA

View Full Version : Reece and FSU visit

Really Clark?
01-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Reece is not taking anymore visits and plans to decide on Monday. We look to be in good position. As always things can change this time of year but that is the plan right now.

Johnson85
01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Reece is not taking anymore visits and plans to decide on Monday. We look to be in good position. As always things can change this time of year but that is the plan right now.

Did he ever visit campus?

RezDawg
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
He is ours.

Big4Dawg
01-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Yes he visited last week. We just offered his younger brother btw.

Jon Santucci ‏@JonSantucci 13m13 minutes ago
.@FPCFootball 2018 ATH David Reese picked up an offer from #MississippiState. It's the first offer for Reese. #TCPrepZone @CoachShafferFPC

msstate7
01-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Like how our oline recruiting is shaping up

RougeDawg
01-28-2016, 11:38 AM

If we had fielded an upgraded OLine the last two seasons we have at minimum, one SEC championship birth and playoff appearance, if not more. We had all of the other areas covered well enough to beat anyone. We just couldn't slow down the better defensive fronts.

confucius say
01-28-2016, 11:40 AM

Ironic considering our past ol recruiting, but if we close with lashley, Reese, and Cush the ol will likely be the strength of this class.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Heard that Dowdell was not visiting us this weekend. Said this was due to being confident that Cushenberry was coming on board. Not confirmed, just was told this.

Huge news on Reese. Like him a lot. If we get these OL that we want, I feel a lot better in the direction the OL is going. Hopefully the freshmen who played this past year will improve enough to where we feel good about them in 2016.

Really Clark?
01-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Heard that Dowdell was not visiting us this weekend. Said this was due to being confident that Cushenberry was coming on board. Not confirmed, just was told this.

Huge news on Reese. Like him a lot. If we get these OL that we want, I feel a lot better in the direction the OL is going. Hopefully the freshmen who played this past year will improve enough to where we feel good about them in 2016.

Correct. We are not bringing in Dowdle this weekend. Feeling really good about a very good OL class this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Eiland, Parker, Lashley, Cushenberry, & Reese is a legit SEC OL Class. Jenkins & Calhoun look like keepers. Moon, Story, & Williams have gotten some positive pub. Need Rankin to lock down the left side next year. Then 2 more classes like this 1 & all of a sudden a weakness can turn into a strength. Have to have the same type class next year.

Bothrops
01-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Eiland, Parker, Lashley, Cushenberry, & Reese is a legit SEC OL Class. Jenkins & Calhoun look like keepers. Moon, Story, & Williams have gotten some positive pub. Need Rankin to lock down the left side next year. Then 2 more classes like this 1 & all of a sudden a weakness can turn into a strength. Have to have the same type class next year.

No doubt

Really Clark?
01-28-2016, 12:19 PM
What's kind of unfortunate and I know it is definitely human nature, especially with our bunch and the fake trolls on here, if I had posted he was definitely going to FSU this weekend we would have been on page 3 or 4 of another melt. People begging for some good news but don't respond in like to the bad. Like I said I know that's just the way it is but is it not an unfortunate commentary of people's mentality that it's not at least proportionate to each other. And to add with the anxiety wrapped up with just a small portion of the fans that follow recruiting, we should never consider it a lateral move or a negative in any way if we lose a coach to the NFL. For them this silly season is 100,000x worse than for us.

Johnson85
01-28-2016, 12:38 PM

Seems to me we pretty much need that tyep of OL class every year. Or I guess maybe alternating 4 and 5 OL classes. With normal attrition and just a little bit of processing, you should be able have a solid two-deep of linemen each year of linemen that are in at least their third year on campus.

Dawgtini
01-28-2016, 02:28 PM

Awesome! Looks like there is no panic from our staff on the OL...or anywhere else. HailState!

Red Sox Dawg
01-28-2016, 02:39 PM
That is good news. Hev is stepping up in recruiting.

the59dawg
01-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Atta boy. Keep it coming to shut down all this negativity!