PDA

View Full Version : Meridian continues to hold its place as the armpit of Mississippi

Coach34
01-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Their coaching staff- and a former player that played DL for us- steering Davis away from State. Why you ask???? Because Tyler Russell didn't get to start his entire Sr year.

I knew that town was a shithole when I coached there for 2 years- thanks guys for proving it even more. Dumb****s. Now we know what's been going on there the last couple years

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Aww brother it no need getting negative. Just slap the ole boy on the arm and say "and hey, you alright"

JDog13
01-28-2016, 09:32 AM
He's not negative. It's bs an ex player is steering a recruit to Bama cause he didn't get a staff position at state.

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2016, 09:32 AM
I think Dan Mullen is the armpit of SEC recruiters

Spiderman
01-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Their coaching staff- and a former player that played DL for us- steering Davis away from State. Why you ask???? Because Tyler Russell didn't get to start his entire Sr year.

I knew that town was a shithole when I coached there for 2 years- thanks guys for proving it even more. Dumb****s. Now we know what's been going on there the last couple years

One thing State has done terribly over the years is former player relations. What has been called reversed recruiting.

Staffs come and go, but your school is always there. It's the schools fault

JDog13
01-28-2016, 09:35 AM

MLYP

BeastMan
01-28-2016, 09:39 AM
There are some weird issues at Meridian. They've had south Panola talent and grossly underachieve. Half their players don't qualify. Nearly all their players commit and decommit, making their recruitments a spectacle. Something isn't right there.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-28-2016, 09:40 AM
That something that ain't right is at Jackson Academy now

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-28-2016, 09:41 AM
He's not negative. It's bs an ex player is steering a recruit to Bama cause he didn't get a staff position at state.

Brother I was joking with coach. I am sure he knows that.

Dawgface
01-28-2016, 09:47 AM

Yup. But some want to look elsewhere for our recruiting failures.

Dawgtini
If this is true, then we need to get Russel to talk to these recruits himself and set the record straight. Should expose any ulterior motives should they exist.

JDog13
Brother I was joking with coach. I am sure he knows that.

I knew you were homey

shannondawg
01-28-2016, 09:48 AM
It must be something in the water down there. They just ain't like other folk.

RezDawg
01-28-2016, 09:48 AM
It's not them, it's him.

msstate7
01-28-2016, 09:53 AM
This isn't possible... I thought Mullen always starts seniors over more talented younger guys**

MzTerry
01-28-2016, 10:03 AM

Demetrius Hill???? What a douche. Rockey should get his ass.

cheewgumm
01-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Horrible. Bout right though.

I think we were completely fair to Russell. He got hurt!

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 10:21 AM
MSU is the only school where its products don't want to give back to the school.

Or, Coach34 is FOS.

You be the judge. Am I the only one who thinks that Bama landing a 5 star recruit, directly after a national championship, is not exactly earth-shattering?

Johnson85
01-28-2016, 10:23 AM

That's insane and I'm not sure how even a high school player could fall for that. It would have been easy for Mullen to push Dak Tyler's Junior year, since it woudl have made his playcalling much more effective. Instead, he designed the entire offense around Russell, which definitely did not play to Mullen's strengths. Russell's senior year woudl have been the same had he not gotten hurt.

Coach34
01-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Goat- shut the **** up

MedDawg
01-28-2016, 10:35 AM

Tell the kids, "Hey, you can be Tyler Russell, or you can be Dak Prescott. It's up to you."

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Tell the kids, "Hey, you can be Tyler Russell, or you can be Dak Prescott. It's up to you."
People still think that Dak Prescott beat out Tyler Russell in 2013. SMH.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-28-2016, 10:45 AM
On a related note, it was pointed out on another board that Starkville has 3 coaches with connections to UNM. Is that correct?

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 10:51 AM
On a related note, it was pointed out on another board that Starkville has 3 coaches with connections to UNM. Is that correct?
Not sure, but it's funny to me how allegedly the Ole Miss connections throughout the state are straight up die-hards, and the MSU connections mostly hate MSU and want to steer players away.

But again, I think this is all a bunch of BS. MSU has simply NEVER recruited the blue chips prospects well in football. Felker, Sherrill, Croom, Mullen - same results. The difference in Mullen is that he's got a good offense. Sherrill found a way with JUCOs. Truth be know, Felker's recrootin philosphy (which helped King Jackie win early) is very similar to Mullen's - compete well in MS and take other solid develop-able players mainly within 5 hours of campus.

JDog13
01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
MSU is the only school where its products don't want to give back to the school.

Or, Coach34 is FOS.

You be the judge. Am I the only one who thinks that Bama landing a 5 star recruit, directly after a national championship, is not exactly earth-shattering?

Is that why most om alums in the nfl used their high school instead of college?

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Is that why most om alums in the nfl used their high school instead of college?
Penis

War Machine Dawg
01-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Not sure, but it's funny to me how allegedly the Ole Miss connections throughout the state are straight up die-hards, and the MSU connections mostly hate MSU and want to steer players away.

But again, I think this is all a bunch of BS. MSU has simply NEVER recruited the blue chips prospects well in football. Felker, Sherrill, Croom, Mullen - same results. The difference in Mullen is that he's got a good offense. Sherrill found a way with JUCOs. Truth be know, Felker's recrootin philosphy (which helped King Jackie win early) is very similar to Mullen's - compete well in MS and take other solid develop-able players mainly within 5 hours of campus.

http://i.imgur.com/RkAQlvS.gif
http://i.imgur.com/YQpBzdv.gif

archdog
01-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Russell spent almost the entire year hurt. OK State game, concussion. Later on he pretty much could barely walk around week 10. I loved Russell as a bulldog. Still one of my favorite players. He just didn't have things break his way all too often.

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Russell spent almost the entire year hurt. OK State game, concussion. Later on he pretty much could barely walk around week 10. I loved Russell as a bulldog. Still one of my favorite players. He just didn't have things break his way all too often.

^^ Knows what he's talking about

drunkernhelldawg
01-28-2016, 12:46 PM
One thing State has done terribly over the years is former player relations. What has been called reversed recruiting.

Staffs come and go, but your school is always there. It's the schools fault

More specifically, the Athletic Department

drunkernhelldawg
01-28-2016, 12:51 PM
We have been extra hard on certain players over the years.

Coach34
01-28-2016, 12:53 PM

this is dead on. All I posted is what someone from Meridian said was going on. Demetrius is pushing him to Bama

Spiderman
01-28-2016, 01:05 PM

Correct, that's what I meant

mic
01-28-2016, 01:15 PM

I have been saying it....
It's a Country Club....

And we settle for average...

Dawg61
01-28-2016, 01:39 PM

I think you should start posting on Nafoom and never post on here again. See ya later Rebel troll.

maroonmania
01-28-2016, 03:11 PM
this is dead on. All I posted is what someone from Meridian said was going on. Demetrius is pushing him to Bama

Davis is definitely being pushed to Bama but I don't really buy Russell's experience as being the reason. Russell was allowed to remain the starter for most of the year even when it became clear that he was not our best option. If Demetrius is doing this I would bet anything its because someone is providing him "incentives" to do so from the Bama side. I find that the "follow the money" axiom usually holds true in these cases. Hill may be using the Russell deal as an excuse but anybody with a lick of sense knows Russell was treated very well by Mullen. Are these HS kids this easily led around by the nose on where they should go to school by a HS coach or someone else? It gets hilarious to me that these guys tweet out things like "nobody wants me to be happy" like they are entirely helpless in the whole recruiting process.

Pollodawg
01-28-2016, 03:38 PM

This. Nothing more needs to be said.

Pollodawg
01-28-2016, 03:39 PM
Russell has never had an unkind word to say about Mullen or State that I have ever heard. He is a good man who was raised right by good people, and every time I've been around him he has been polite, respectful, and in State gear. The rumors about TR hating State or Mullen are way, way overblown I think.

Dawgtini
01-28-2016, 03:44 PM
It gets hilarious to me that these guys tweet out things like "nobody wants me to be happy" like they are entirely helpless in the whole recruiting process.

I think they just want to make their family, friends, and loved ones happy and they see that those people want it their way regardless of out the recruit feels about it. That is why I like what D Brown's mother said ... something like " we would love for him to go to MSU but we are going to let him make the decision that he thinks is best". This tells me that they are happy with their child and will celebrate with them, regardless of where they hope/wish/want him to go to college.

Pollodawg
01-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Besides being hurt, TR had a hard time making the leap from a big fish in a little pond to being an SEC starting QB. Some kids get it. Some never do. We had a RB a few seasons ago that was supposed to be as good as Norwood, remember the one Croom supposedly got into a tussle over in his front lawn with a UM coach? Can't remember his name at the moment, but that kid never made the jump either and was also hurt most of his career. Robert Elliot I think?

At any rate, TR had a tough time going from a hometown hero where everything he did was right and everyone loved him to being a starter in the SEC where every move was critiqued and examined to the inth degree, and especially he had a tough time working with a guy like Mullen who can be absolutely brutal with his QBs.

But having said that, Dan was more than fair to Tyler, and I've never heard TR badmouth Dan or MSU. He's just not that kind of guy.

defiantdog
01-28-2016, 03:47 PM

Or, Coach34 is FOS.

Sorry, but I'm sending your comment to my boy Dampier. He'll get a kick out of how much of a dumb shit you're being.

maroonmania
01-28-2016, 04:03 PM
I think they just want to make their family, friends, and loved ones happy and they see that those people want it their way regardless of out the recruit feels about it. That is why I like what D Brown's mother said ... something like " we would love for him to go to MSU but we are going to let him make the decision that he thinks is best". This tells me that they are happy with their child and will celebrate with them, regardless of where they hope/wish/want him to go to college.

Interesting part there is that I'm almost 100% certain that his Mother was with him at MSU when he committed to us.

preachermatt83
01-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Interesting part there is that I'm almost 100% certain that his Mother was with him at MSU when he committed to us.

Yea ppl are VERY ill informed on this. They assume that , Bc of his tweet, that he wants to go to State and everyone else in his family wants him to go to Bama. That is completely BACKWARDS.

cheewgumm
01-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Yea ppl are VERY ill informed on this. They assume that , Bc of his tweet, that he wants to go to State and everyone else in his family wants him to go to Bama. That is completely BACKWARDS.

If that's true Preacher, I'm glad for the guy.

Go where you want!

Coach34
01-28-2016, 07:04 PM
Russell has never had an unkind word to say about Mullen or State that I have ever heard. He is a good man who was raised right by good people, and every time I've been around him he has been polite, respectful, and in State gear. The rumors about TR hating State or Mullen are way, way overblown I think.

Tyler has never been anything but a class act

Jack Lambert
01-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Tyler Russell Brother is a good LB at Meridian. If he turns out to be a high recruited kid I hope we land him.

Bucky Dog
01-28-2016, 10:09 PM

I hope he enjoys his new car

War Machine Dawg
01-28-2016, 11:39 PM

The saddest part of this is that like the vast majority of MS kids who cross state lines, particularly for Bama, he'll get over there and probably wind up being a bust. Not because he isn't good, but because everyone else they have is that much better. But by staying home, he'd have the chance to be a star. Why are so many of our former players such dicks towards their own school?

mic
01-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Wonder what juco Bama will push him too? I'm guessing EMCC...
Let's see how this plays out in 2 years...

Spiderman
01-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Why are so many of our former players such dicks towards their own school?

Because the school were dicks to them after they were gone.

maroonmania
01-29-2016, 12:18 PM

I have never claimed to be informed and know little about his situation. I am in a thread that was started BECAUSE it was asserted that a current Meridian coach is pressuring him to go to Bama. I have never read anywhere that he is getting undue pressure from others to go to MSU, not once. So yes, logically, I interpreted his tweet to mean he was getting pressure to decommit back to Bama because it happened RIGHT after he had committed to us. You are the very first I've seen to imply that he only committed to us from family pressure and you haven't had the best track record lately.

slickdawg
01-29-2016, 12:46 PM

Tyler was injured twice his senior year, the first being a concussion in the season opener against Oklahoma State, costing him 3 games, the second being a season ending torn labrum resulting in true freshman Damian Williams finishing (and winning) the Arkansas game in Little Rock and starting the Egg Bowl. Hard to start the entire year when you were hurt for half of it.