PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of a Fan During Over the Last 30 Days

Dawgology
01-28-2016, 08:59 AM
I've noticed something that I got a chuckle out of this morning. Earlier this month everyone on this board was pretty much happy and excited about NSD. We felt like we had a real shot to close strong and pull in a really great class. Now we have all evolved to fit in two major categories:

1. OH MY GOD WE ARE LOSING EVERYTHING! THIS IS A DISASTER!! **** UNM!! (ANGER)
2. I don't really care about recruiting anymore. Football is just a game. I won't let it or recruiting impact my life anymore. (APATHY)

You also have a very small group (variable outliers) that think we will still finish strong and have a great class (the small POSITIVE party).

I just found this interesting because the board posters have become almost comically categorized. Anyway, just an observation. It would be great to put a poll up to see if my observations are correct. Just trying to find humor in the situation.

CottonDog
01-28-2016, 09:03 AM
Don't forget the small, but present: "It is what it is. Mullen has earned the benefit of the doubt." group. Proud member here. Ha

Dawgology
01-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Don't forget the small, but present: "It is what it is. Mullen has earned the benefit of the doubt." group. Proud member here. Ha

True. I think that would be a sub-party within the positive party. That would definitely place you in the Positive Party. I think I'm a proud member of the Anger Party right now...which I would rather see someone as a member of instead of the Apathy Party. That's the most dangerous party. That one grows in your fan base and the program is done. i.e. Late Jackie and Croom era

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Yes it has become quite comical

Dawgbite
01-28-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm in the , " I tell myself that I don't care and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life but I can't quit looking at least once an hour to see if something has happened" Party.

Taog Redloh
01-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Me as well. I'm quite happy with where our football program is to be honest. The tale will be told on Mullen the next two years, he has more talent than he ever has had in the past, and he'll either rise or bow out. But it's all his. What Ole Miss is doing really can't concern us except for on Thanksgiving weekend.

confucius say
01-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Me as well. I'm quite happy with where our football program is to be honest. The tale will be told on Mullen the next two years, he has more talent than he ever has had in the past, and he'll either rise or bow out. But it's all his. What Ole Miss is doing really can't concern us except for on Thanksgiving weekend.

Same.