PDA

View Full Version : Screw it

msstate7
01-28-2016, 08:05 AM
I've been melting over who we might get and who we might lose and it doesn't do anything but ruin my days. We're gonna get who we're gonna get and me worrying does nothing to change that. My melt is over and I suggest most of you follow my lead. I'm having a good week and some teenage boys aren't gonna ruin it. Hail state!

Dawgtini
01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Welcome aboard. We are going to finish strong, because that's what we do. See you at the party next week!

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-28-2016, 08:19 AM
Piggly Wiggly got Mayfield Ice Cream on sale this week. I suggest the O'Charleys Caramel Pie flavor. It goes good with some Buddy's Bar B Que or Calhouns on the river

Bdawg
01-28-2016, 08:19 AM
I've been melting over who we might get and who we might lose and it doesn't do anything but ruin my days. We're gonna get who we're gonna get and me worrying does nothing to change that. My melt is over and I suggest most of you follow my lead. I'm having a good week and some teenage boys aren't gonna ruin it. Hail state!

My thoughts exactly! How the hell can anybody predict what a 17 or 18 year old is going to do with them being pulled in so many different directions. Unless these guys have totally shut their recruitment down, anything can happen. Just can only hope we finish strong and quit agonizing over every little tid bit of info you here.

Dawgface
01-28-2016, 08:22 AM
We will coach them up. ;)

Many years ago an old beat down N.O. Saint's fan told me not to let a little ole football game ruin your life. Kick back and have a few beers and don't worry about it. That probably applies to recruiting and many things in life. I've been living by that principle ever since. :)

Spiderman
01-28-2016, 08:26 AM
We're gonna get who we're gonna get and me worrying does nothing to change that.

I became that way about 10 years ago. I may get a little miffed or happy on signing day, but it's like a game. Some you win, some you lose.

Football is a game. A wonderful, gift from God game. I love it, and may get pissed or happy on gameday, but my self worth is not tied up on HS boys or State winning games.

It's just a game.

klong-dog
01-28-2016, 08:47 AM
I've been melting over who we might get and who we might lose and it doesn't do anything but ruin my days. We're gonna get who we're gonna get and me worrying does nothing to change that. My melt is over and I suggest most of you follow my lead. I'm having a good week and some teenage boys aren't gonna ruin it. Hail state!I'm with you. Yesterday was rough. But no more! Especially trying to follow the every move of these kids over this final weekend. Ain't happenin!

BrunswickDawg
01-28-2016, 09:02 AM

Just remember how everyone melted in 2011 when CJ flipped, and we lost out on Brassel and all that crew and had to "settle" for Dak, Tavese, McKinney, Slay, etc. etc.
We get players who A) WANT to be at State; B) WANT to work to be better; C) For the most part, don't cause trouble; and most importantly D) Have won at our highest clip in the modern era. Outside of some OL misses, it has worked for us better than any method we have tried before.

basedog
01-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Hunting >>>>> Recruiting

Hope we find a few Butler's/La Teck DT who they say is the best DT in draft. Not sure but wasn't he like a 1 or 2 star?

bulldawg28
01-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Excellent posts thus far! The truth is whomever we sign isn't guaranteed to pan out without hard work. Every kid signed regardless of his rating is going to be talented. Regardless of how talented any of them are they're not making a major difference for at least 2 years. By that time we could always grab juco talent to plug any hole open. We're going to be good! Dan Mullen has developed depth at every position.

Spiderman
01-28-2016, 09:24 AM
Hunting >>>>> Recruiting

A-Damn-Men

drunkernhelldawg
01-28-2016, 11:27 AM
You're a great fan. It can take a toll. I appreciate you.