PDA

View Full Version : Davis to Bama apparently for good this time. Per his Twitter..

klong-dog
01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Announcement. 1 down, 5 to go.

OSCAR
01-27-2016, 09:36 PM
His recruitment was weird. His JUCO recruitment will be epic. Get your popcorn ready in 2 years

msstate7
01-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Which juco? I'm much more concerned with the qualifiers... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sign Davis

17thebears
01-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Off to a great start. Hail State!

OSCAR
01-27-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm guessing Bama will place him at emcc, don't they have a DL they plucked from there thats going pro this year? Just a guess

Big4Dawg
01-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Let the games begin.

Mullen: 0
Saban/Freeze: 1

BossDawg
01-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Let the games begin.

Mullen isn't playing the game though. I think he checked out of recruiting a while back and just doesn't really care anymore.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Let the games begin.

Based on what I'm hearing......prepare for that bottom row to keep climbing, and the top to stay very close to the same. Unfortunately.

whosyourdawgy
01-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Just keep it civil and don't go bat shit crazy on the recruits.

Homedawg
01-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Based on what I'm hearing......prepare for that bottom row to keep climbing, and the top to stay very close to the same. Unfortunately.
For the good news, this one doesn't matter, he's going to juco......I'll not pile on anymore negative....

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 09:50 PM
For the good news, this one doesn't matter, he's going to juco......I'll not pile on anymore negative....

Yea me neither

IMissJack
01-27-2016, 09:52 PM

If that happens, there needs to be some real questions asked about our entire approach, from the AD down.

bulldawg28

You were hearing differently weeks ago. What changed sir?

MarketingBully
Yeah, Davis isn't qualifying. I don't understand why Bama worked so hard on this one. We had the better plan in place to get him qualified. Oh well..,

deltadawg99
01-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Who was his high school coach that "encouraged him to decommit" from us and drove him to Tuscaloosa?

whosyourdawgy
01-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah, Davis isn't qualifying. I don't understand why Bama worked so hard on this one. We had the better plan in place to get him qualified. Oh well..,

They get him to solidify his commitment the week before signing day to show the other MS kids that it's ok to sign with Bama. Bama knows he won't qualify but he may be worth it if it helps land a few other ms kids. Smart on their part

C222
01-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Dan doesn't want to coach in Starkville anymore. Probably feels the same about recruiting.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 09:59 PM
You were hearing differently weeks ago. What changed sir?

What I was told today, and who I was told by. Unfortunately

Steakonastick
01-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Yup they will put him at East Mississippi. They have placed 3 D-lineman there in Quinton Dial, DJ Pettway (trouble placed), and Reed.

whosyourdawgy
01-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Dan doesn't want to coach in Starkville anymore. Probably feels the same about recruiting.

Keep typing this stupid shit. Freaking morons. I mean if recruits read these boards, and they do, why in the hell would you want to come play here if this was true. Stupid as ****

17thebears
01-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Keep typing this stupid shit. Freaking morons. I mean if recruits read these boards, and they do, why in the hell would you want to come play here if this was true. Stupid as ****

So much melt, and there's still a week before signing day.

Really Clark?
01-27-2016, 10:16 PM
So much melt, and there's still a week before signing day.

You need to go back to your month long hibernation. You were not even in some of the threads you are bumping or saving. Mods get him out of here

17thebears
01-27-2016, 10:17 PM
You need to go back to your month long hibernation. You were not even in some of the threads you are bumping or saving. Mods get him out of here

I'm not going to post here again until after signing day.

Really Clark?
01-27-2016, 10:21 PM

Perfect. And if you do come back, don't call out someone or bump a thread you were never invested in to begin with.

K9 Avenger
01-27-2016, 10:41 PM
Who was his high school coach that "encouraged him to decommit" from us and drove him to Tuscaloosa?

I'm told it's Demetrius Hill....yep, the same Demetrius Hill that played for us

confucius say
01-27-2016, 10:47 PM
For those of you in the know, wasn't the whole flip then flip back debacle with Davis two weeks ago due to someone other than him running his twitter? That's what rosebowl said anyway.

C222
01-27-2016, 10:52 PM
For those of you in the know, wasn't the whole flip then flip back debacle with Davis two weeks ago due to someone other than him running his twitter? That's what rosebowl said anyway.

Rosebowl said he talked to Davis

Really Clark?
01-27-2016, 10:56 PM
Rosebowl said he talked to Davis

He said he talked with Davis about him committing to us. The flip back a few hours later was what he was talking about with someone else controlling tha Twitter. If I remember correctly.

Really Clark?
01-27-2016, 10:57 PM
Did anyone else think the mentioning of Orgeron a little odd?

Bothrops
01-27-2016, 11:04 PM
What I was told today, and who I was told by. Unfortunately

Are you just talking about Davis?

MSUDeltadawg1971
01-27-2016, 11:08 PM

No, Cadaver will know more tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 11:11 PM

No.

MarketingBully
01-28-2016, 01:48 AM
The Davis thing is just plain odd. He did commit to Mullen with his mom there and told the coaches he was going to sign with us. That is a fact. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he still signs with State. We have the best plan in place to get him qualified. Saban probably made him do something like this as a power play. Not a coincidence that Saban visits him today and he puts this declaration on his Twitter.

MarketingBully
01-28-2016, 01:51 AM

A lot can change in a week in recruiting. If you are still saying this Tuesday, let us know. Until then, it's just fodder for Bears that are looking at this board.

SDDawg
01-28-2016, 01:55 AM
CD- I have never wanted you to be more wrong about anything, but this is a really weird year in MS recruiting so anything can happen. Dan has never had to fight a two-front war for recruits like this. Sure, we had the Leo situation but that was one guy and this year we have 7 or 8 in that situation that we're competing directly with OM/Bama/LSU/UGA/Auburn for, going to be a tough row for him. I'm still expecting a strong signing class for several reasons (some of it gut, some of it speculation, some of it based on info that isn't board-worthy) but you have me a bit concerned. We need a couple of dominoes to fall this weekend to make sure this doesn't become a trend.

That said, I do think we could finally be landing the OL class we all wanted which is crazy considering how the rest of this is spinning negative. This is quietly the best OL group that State has been looking at in many years. Hang in there everyone.

RougeDawg
01-28-2016, 02:05 AM
His recruitment was weird. His JUCO recruitment will be epic. Get your popcorn ready in 2 years

Why???? We ridicule others for this same bullshit. Write this on your whiteboard if typing/writing it makes you feel better about yourself. But posting this is complete bulllshit hypocrisy and a reason persons cannot take subsequent posts serious. Go grab you a bottle of lotion, a sock, and hide your laptop for a week. Thanks.

RougeDawg
01-28-2016, 02:09 AM

Pretty sure you won't have to worry about that? Plus how are you able to type on a message board with Fancy's cock in your pinky finger and Bucky's needle between your incisors?

Dawgface
01-28-2016, 07:32 AM
CD- I have never wanted you to be more wrong about anything, but this is a really weird year in MS recruiting so anything can happen. Dan has never had to fight a two-front war for recruits like this. Sure, we had the Leo situation but that was one guy and this year we have 7 or 8 in that situation that we're competing directly with OM/Bama/LSU/UGA/Auburn for, going to be a tough row for him. I'm still expecting a strong signing class for several reasons (some of it gut, some of it speculation, some of it based on info that isn't board-worthy) but you have me a bit concerned. We need a couple of dominoes to fall this weekend to make sure this doesn't become a trend.

That said, I do think we could finally be landing the OL class we all wanted which is crazy considering how the rest of this is spinning negative. This is quietly the best OL group that State has been looking at in many years. Hang in there everyone.

If that ends up being the case, I will be satisfied with the class.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-28-2016, 07:50 AM
Here is the thing that amazes me. Every year. Every single one. Recruiting does this to our fanbase. Everyone. We are the only fanbase I have ever dealt worn that needs reassurance 24 times a day. The only one. Watch how our coaches are acting. They seem pretty confident and are not freaking out throwing 200 new offers our. We canceled a visit with a dang good Juco WR cause we don't think we are going to need him. But I know that's doesn't go along with the whole "the sky is falling mentality". And every single person who has asked me a question by text or PM always says the same thing "I have a friend in Starkville that told me". Guess what. If you are not talking to the kid himself or our coaches directly, you are not getting good information. Period. Recruiting guys are the biggest glory hounds on the planet. Bar none. If Paul or Steve say they talked to a guy the caliber and interest level of AJ Brown and had a conversation about him visiting or not visiting, where is the story. Cause you know good and he'll well they would have wrote one. But if everyone wants to continue to melt down until next Wednesday by all means enjoy. I for one am not the least bit worried about what I am hearing. At all. But I will see you guys again next January when you melt down over a kid that 90% of us don't even know his name yet. Not saying we get everyone we want. But I am saying don't bash David, Neal, yancy, and Chase for 11 months and 24 days and then the last week think these idiots are experts. Can't have it both ways

bulldawg28
01-28-2016, 09:08 AM
You're talking real good this morning @eliterecruiting!