PDA

View Full Version : So which one of our recruits will Hugh freeze stay on the phone with all night?

RC3
01-27-2016, 09:25 PM
I guarantee it will be the guy he thinks we want the most at the end. AJ? Simmons?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2016, 09:27 PM
He'll have Simmons, Knott and Brown on a conference call all night.***

RC3
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
And fwiw, this is the first year in a while I haven't gotten wrapped up in it all. You oughtta see a bear face when they ask you where you think AJ brown is gonna end up and you give them a confused look as if you don't know who they are talking about. They really do get off on a big recruiting haul as much as a big win on the field.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm sure he'll just have them all skype in to watch his all night holy water bubble bath.

GreenheadDawg
01-27-2016, 09:36 PM
And fwiw, this is the first year in a while I haven't gotten wrapped up in it all. You oughtta see a bear face when they ask you where you think AJ brown is gonna end up and you give them a confused look as if you don't know who they are talking about. They really do get off on a big recruiting haul as much as a big win on the field.

If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a damn clue who we were recruiting. I prefer it that way

Dawgface
01-27-2016, 09:43 PM
If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a damn clue who we were recruiting. I prefer it that way

Same here.

RC3
01-27-2016, 10:06 PM

Yep. Same

GreenheadDawg
01-27-2016, 10:41 PM
We basically bring a slingshot to a tank fight when it comes to recruiting. I don't understand why people expect anything different. You will be a much happier State fan when you take a nonchalant approach to recruiting. I've decided to take the same approach to next season. I melted a couple times during the 15' season but I hope to change that in 16'. When we start letting 18 year old boys affect our moods and character. It's safe to say that this staff is ill-equipped to recruit against the big dawgs but does reasonably well with what they get. It is what it is.

MarketingBully
01-28-2016, 01:30 AM
I think Mullen did a great job of hiring the right guys to replace Hughes and Diaz as we upgraded tremendously on the recruiting side with our new DC and Buckley for Hughes. The only problem is it will not have a huge effect on the 2016 class. In the end, I think we will get Brown, Jones, and Lashley but miss out on Simmons because we are working really hard to get Brown, Jones, and Lashley in the boat. That was work that if we had put some pressure on those three kids early and got their commitment early we would have had resources to close well with Simmons.

As I see it, we will be working hard to get those commitments. Mullen knows that if he allows teams to come into Starkville and raid the players that is a very very bad thing. I don't claim to understand Mullen's recruiting methods but he has won with who he has recruited so I will cut him slack there. However, if we close poorly and only get 1 of the 3 guys I mentioned above, the fans should meltdown and there should be some things reviewed on how we recruit.