PDA

View Full Version : Well, the Bearsharks are bragging they are going to close...

Coach34
01-27-2016, 03:11 PM
AJ, Simmons, AND Jones. They gonna show Mullen whose State and City it is.

We'll see in 7 more days

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

Coach34
01-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Not. Gonna. Happen.

They saying they "gonna run that Yankee bastard out of Mississippi by next December"....those roosters are mighty cocky at the moment

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 03:17 PM
They saying they "gonna run that Yankee bastard out of Mississippi by next December"....those roosters are mighty cocky at the moment

They will be going on probation by next December, & we will be about to sign a top 10 class & have 2 Junior QB studs returning the next season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Well trolling Mississippi State boards and seeing a thread titled: Hugh Freeze is just absolutely making Mullen look like an ass! ain't helping things any.

Thompson92
01-27-2016, 03:23 PM
They saying they "gonna run that Yankee bastard out of Mississippi by next December"

Just like last time, right?**
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Appomattox_Court_House

RezDawg
01-27-2016, 03:24 PM
hibernate for a week. Starting now.

Covercorner2
01-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Well trolling Mississippi State boards and seeing a thread titled: Hugh Freeze is just absolutely making Mullen look like an ass! ain't helping things any.

Exactly. This is exactly what they want. Animosity among State fans to show to recruits and drumming up interest for Signing Day. As Aaron Rodgers says, "R E L A X," and let it play out.....

MarketingBully
01-27-2016, 03:28 PM
I don't understand why they are so confident about two Starkville kids announcing at Starkville High. No way those guys will pick Ole Miss. Yancy and David Johnson can't be that dumb. At least David Johnson is still skeptical about his "sources" telling him those stupid things. Other Rebel reporters are going full retard. I will say this. Hometown pressure is a hard thing to overcome and a very hard thing to turn down.

engie
01-27-2016, 03:29 PM
It's funny how they thrive in this position -- and our fanbase melts. We'll always be little brother until this changes.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 03:30 PM
It's funny how they thrive in this position -- and our fanbase melts. We'll always be little brother until this changes.

Truth.

confucius say

We'll see in 7 more days

Some posters on here seem to agree judging by other threads.

Coach34
I don't understand why they are so confident about two Starkville kids announcing at Starkville High. No way those guys will pick Ole Miss.

Where else would the kids announce from???? Thats the beauty of Signing Day- the build-up. It doesnt matter what school they are choosing- the announcement would be from SHS regardless

SDDawg
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
I'll say this: *IF THAT HAPPENS* (and it won't), they are right. Mullen will get run out of the state. Problem is, they're wrong as usual. This is their last chance at glory prior to a tsunami of NCAA sanctions that will set them back for 3 - 5 years. Their run is over - they won't be awful next year, but the strain of the sanctions and lack of hope for '17 and '18 will be crushing.

I think a much more likely scenario is that we'll learn Patterson and his brother are leaving Ole Miss next December.

MarketingBully
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
And Steve Robertson making a big deal about AJ not meeting with Cohen is being blown way way way out of proportion. I don't think AJ has met with any of the baseball coaches on the visits he has gone on. I don't think he will meet with Bianco on his visit this weekend either. The Rebel writers are making up shit and making this a big deal now. Thanks Rosebowl!

RC3
01-27-2016, 03:33 PM

We'll see in 7 more days

yep a well connected rebel told me the same

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 03:33 PM

And we are going to drive a couple busses up to Oxfag and wreck their cocaine and hooker party recruiting blowjobapalooza. Bout to wreck the Library boys. Should be fun. I'll bring the cab driver that hauls all the KA's and he can wreck Andy Kennedy's face just like when he came to MSU on his recruiting visit.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2016, 03:34 PM

100% dead-on, accurate!

SDDawg
01-27-2016, 03:37 PM

You're not having fun? I'm having a blast!

cheewgumm
01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
100% dead-on, accurate!

It's pretty easy to "thrive in this position", when you have 3 five stars and 10 four stars committed, vs 0, and 1.

MarketingBully
01-27-2016, 03:38 PM

Doesn't help when one of our paysites doesn't act in the best interest of MSU recruiting. I will let you guess which one and it's not 247.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2016, 03:42 PM

WTF do we have to thrive on right now? We don't have any momentum, whether that's real or perceived.

engie
01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Doesn't help when one of our paysites doesn't act in the best interest of MSU recruiting. I will let you guess which one and it's not 247.

It's at least once every other year with Steve.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM

This may be the best post of the week so far, Engie.

All the DEFCON-1 bitching and moaning folks losing their mind, should have "little brother" tattooed on their forehead. The fact that we've got people quoting Neal McCready, of all ****ing people in the world, just goes to show the level of insecurity in the fan base right now.

engie
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM
WTF do we have to thrive on right now? We don't have any momentum, whether that's real or perceived.
Momentum is in your head and why you are melting. It doesn't actually exist. Not a thing has changed on our end. A guy delays a visit one day -- Rosebowl gets his feelings hurt and loses his mind on one player -- the OM sites need only strike the match before sending all of you up in flames. Just as they've done here. And a clear vocal majority can't take a step back and think about it logically for a minute. It's probably the best day ever to be an OM fan reading these boards -- because a faction of you gave them exactly what they wanted. And they needed only to strike a match.

It's quite possible we lose Farrar to Oklahoma -- we have added one visit in that place. If this mass defection was suddenly happening -- where are all the replacement visits? But that's the logical look at the meltdown. OM was counting on logic being lost by a majority -- and they were correct. They big brother'd us.

Dawgtini
01-27-2016, 03:53 PM

They may have our milkshake, but they're not going to get to drink it.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 03:54 PM
I'll say this: *IF THAT HAPPENS* (and it won't), they are right. Mullen will get run out of the state.

Hahahahahahaha NO!! Every year we pick one player to freak the **** out over. We deem that player an absolute must get or Godzilla will show up and drop nuclear bombs on our program like skittles hitting Marshawn Lynch. Every year the one player everyone deemed god child ends up being a BUST. This year it is AJ. Nevermind the FACT we are so loaded at the WR position we can't get enough footballs thrown to all of them already. Y'all deem AJ better than Odell Beckham. GTFO of here with this ludicrous line of thinking. It's so much more likely AJ is a bust just like the last 50 players everyone deemed must haves than he is THE PLAYER that is going to get us to Atlanta. If he is the type to be attracted to a school with a blatant racist term as their NAME, an environment that is flooded with cocaine and synthetic marijuana, a phony head coach that uses god's name to fatten his wallet and is a school that is staring probation right in the face then I don't want him anyways. That's a player that doesn't want to work for the glory. They want it silver spoon fed to them. They want to be lied to and treated like little princesses.

Taog Redloh
01-27-2016, 04:00 PM
When they are this confident, you have to think there is some truth. I am inclined to believe them, simply because their program and crootin class is attractive right now.

Is it the end of the world for MSU? Of course not. I'm not really all that concerned about these MS players, as long we get plenty of solid ones. I am more worried about the out-of-state guys Ole Miss is getting, that is unprecedented for the MS schools.

DancingRabbit
01-27-2016, 04:10 PM
Momentum is in your head and why you are melting. It doesn't actually exist. Not a thing has changed on our end. A guy delays a visit one day -- Rosebowl gets his feelings hurt and loses his mind on one player -- the OM sites need only strike the match before sending all of you up in flames. Just as they've done here. And a clear vocal majority can't take a step back and think about it logically for a minute. It's probably the best day ever to be an OM fan reading these boards -- because a faction of you gave them exactly what they wanted. And they needed only to strike a match.

It's quite possible we lose Farrar to Oklahoma -- we have added one visit in that place. If this mass defection was suddenly happening -- where are all the replacement visits? But that's the logical look at the meltdown. OM was counting on logic being lost by a majority -- and they were correct. They big brother'd us.

Hoping Zach is just enjoying the attention from OU. He's added more State bling to his twitter page in the last couple days.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZrhfoIWEAAfrvv.jpg:large

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 04:11 PM
When they are this confident, you have to think there is some truth. I am inclined to believe them, simply because their program and crootin class is attractive right now.

Is it the end of the world for MSU? Of course not. I'm not really all that concerned about these MS players, as long we get plenty of solid ones. I am more worried about the out-of-state guys Ole Miss is getting, that is unprecedented for the MS schools.

Brought to us by split Dawg/Rebel fan Goat

Meanwhile Goat's second personality and diehard Ole Miss side is celebrating with circle jerks on Nafoom right now. I'm so glad MSU gets your "poor ol Miss Stake" side on this board though.

PendingTransaction
01-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha NO!! Every year we pick one player to freak the **** out over. We deem that player an absolute must get or Godzilla will show up and drop nuclear bombs on our program like skittles hitting Marshawn Lynch. Every year the one player everyone deemed god child ends up being a BUST. This year it is AJ. Nevermind the FACT we are so loaded at the WR position we can't get enough footballs thrown to all of them already. Y'all deem AJ better than Odell Beckham. GTFO of here with this ludicrous line of thinking. It's so much more likely AJ is a bust just like the last 50 players everyone deemed must haves than he is THE PLAYER that is going to get us to Atlanta. If he is the type to be attracted to a school with a blatant racist term as their NAME, an environment that is flooded with cocaine and synthetic marijuana, a phony head coach that uses god's name to fatten his wallet and is a school that is staring probation right in the face then I don't want him anyways. That's a player that doesn't want to work for the glory. They want it silver spoon fed to them. They want to be lied to and treated like little princesses.
Now this is a melt down! Attacking the high school kid. Wow!!! But call for my ban when I point out the weaknesses of our 4.5 million dollar MAN.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Now this is a melt down! Attacking the high school kid. Wow!!! But call for my ban when I point out the weaknesses of our 4.5 million dollar MAN.

I didn't attack AJ. I said "if". If he is the type of player that wants to go to Ole Miss then I don't want him and he's probably a bust just like the last 50 guys that Ole Miss "flipped". How's Tee Shepard doing at Ole Miss?

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Steve at times has some good information and provides some good stories. He also benefits MSU at times. But in an instance such as this, and saying this if, if the AJ info is correct, he needs to keep his Mutha 17'kn mouth shut. If the shoe was switched and ole miss were in this situation, you wouldn't hear ONE word from their guys.

Jack Lambert
01-27-2016, 04:28 PM
I am calling BS. With all the out of state guys they have committed do they have room?

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 04:34 PM
I am calling BS. With all the out of state guys they have committed do they have room?

Mississippi will always make room for a player that causes MSU to melt. See Tee Shepard. This is half their fun and yet we still have little girls falling for this same shit every single year. We must have Alzheimer's and are stuck in the movie Groundhog Day Crootin.

BossDawg
01-27-2016, 04:42 PM
To be fair, when do they NOT brag?

Dawgface
01-27-2016, 04:42 PM
It's pretty easy to "thrive in this position", when you have 3 five stars and 10 four stars committed, vs 0, and 1.

Plus a #4 recruiting ranking on 247 and Scout.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2016, 04:56 PM

Are you dumb or just plain stupid? Momentum has a huge effect on success and perception. My concern has nothing to do with what's happened in the last few days, but rather what we should've been doing 10-12 months ago. Between the Mullen rumors, staff shakeups, and only 14 commits right now, you GD right I'm edgy about it. IDGAF what some rebel message board thinks about my melt, message board reputations only mean so much.

BossDawg
01-27-2016, 05:00 PM

This is one thing the leadership at MSU needs to change. They need to make sure any writers assigned to State does nothing but pump sunshine, even if you have to cut them a check. Bring the heat down on newspapers and such that discredit State, too. I'm no legal expert, but of all the frivolous crap that gets pushed through the court system today, I'm sure Keenum and Strick could find some way to legally keep newspapers and various other outlets at bay. Maybe not completely but at least some way to soften the blow. There are ways to minimize damage that some writers want to inflict on State I'm sure. Hell, it might take a little cash to keep their mouths shut, but whatever it takes that's what we need to be doing. Like others have pointed out, even our own fans and beat writers seem to be wild about posting negative crap. That needs to stop and we need to stop eating our own.

Cut out the negativity and pump out the good news.

Dawgtini
01-27-2016, 05:01 PM

He said IF. Relax.

Dawgtini
01-27-2016, 05:03 PM
This is one thing the leadership at MSU needs to change. They need to make sure any writers assigned to State does nothing but pump sunshine, even if you have to cut them a check. Bring the heat down on newspapers and such that discredit State, too. I'm no legal expert, but of all the frivolous crap that gets pushed through the court system today, I'm sure Keenum and Strick could find some way to legally keep newspapers and various other outlets at bay. There are ways to minimize damage that some writers want to inflict on State I'm sure. Hell, it might take a little cash to keep their mouths shut, but whatever it takes that's what we need to be doing. Like others have pointed out, even our own fans and beat writers seem to be wild about posting negative crap. That needs to stop and we need to stop eating our own.

Excellent post and point.

PendingTransaction
01-27-2016, 05:06 PM
He said IF. Relax.

I'm sure AJ or his mom would find his post flattering.

engie
01-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Are you dumb or just plain stupid? Momentum has a huge effect on success and perception. My concern has nothing to do with what's happened in the last few days, but rather what we should've been doing 10-12 months ago. Between the Mullen rumors, staff shakeups, and only 14 commits right now, you GD right I'm edgy about it. IDGAF what some rebel message board thinks about my melt, message board reputations only mean so much.

Your head's momentum = actual program momentum. Got it. I just dreamed the 19 wins the past two years.

You are still melting over jack shit.

Dawgtini
01-27-2016, 05:14 PM

It will depend on how you present it to them. Be gentle, because we do really want AJ.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 05:16 PM

I'm sure his mom would appreciate me trying to not let her son go to a University that has a MAJOR hardcore drug problem. Cocaine is everrrrrrrrywhere in Oxford. It is unavoidable for a football player to not get it offered to them every time they go out. You really think momma wants her son living in real time Scarface and Tony Montana land?

Commercecomet24
01-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Your head's momentum = actual program momentum. Got it. I just dreamed the 19 wins the past two years.

You are still melting over jack shit.

Guess 19 wins in 2 years doesnt mean what it used too. Have to adjust for inflation and all.

preachermatt83
01-27-2016, 05:41 PM
I hope you guys realize why OM ppl are doing this... They are wanting us to lose our minds and start bad mouthing kids
A La CJ Johnson.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:04 PM

YES.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:05 PM
I hope you guys realize why OM ppl are doing this... They are wanting us to lose our minds and start bad mouthing kids
A La CJ Johnson.

YES, YES, YES.

Really Clark?
01-27-2016, 06:09 PM
A La CJ Johnson.

And make a fake account to pretend to be a state fan losing their mind.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:11 PM

Maybe the only two back to back 9+ win seasons in school history? if you are a Dawg get a grip on yourself. You belong to the Confederates right now.

SDDawg
01-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Maybe the only two back to back 9+ win seasons in school history? if you are a Dawg get a grip on yourself. You belong to the Confederates right now.

Thumbs up.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:14 PM

THIS.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:15 PM
It's at least once every other year with Steve.

He needs to have any credentials he has at MSU yanked.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2016, 06:18 PM
NEVER even appear to bad mouth a kid we are recruiting.

State82
01-27-2016, 06:57 PM

I thought C34 put a moratorium on this for the time being.

EAVdog
01-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Can everyone just chill for a week. We can't do anything positive for the program by having this discussion.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Not my fault you can't read for shit.

Thick
01-27-2016, 08:12 PM

It's true....on and off of the field! He has been trying to leave for 2 straight years. THAT'S WHAT'S NOT HELPING THINGS!!! Don't blame it on a thread that I started. I'll own what I say, not scared one bit to tell anybody. He has lost the 3 out of 4 to HF, and in all honesty, he should be 0-4 if it weren't for Nikoe. The fact of the matter is HF respects the Egg and loves to recruit. Dan does not. It's factual on both accounts.

SDDawg
01-27-2016, 08:25 PM
It's true....on and off of the field! He has been trying to leave for 2 straight years. THAT'S WHAT'S NOT HELPING THINGS!!! Don't blame it on a thread that I started. I'll own what I say, not scared one bit to tell anybody. He has lost the 3 out of 4 to HF, and in all honesty, he should be 0-4 if it weren't for Nikoe. The fact of the matter is HF respects the Egg and loves to recruit. Dan does not. It's factual on both accounts.

Dude, please check into Nkemdiche's hotel room ASAP. This is a next-level meltdown fam.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 08:41 PM

Dan's agent will gauge interest every year for his client. It his job.

deltadawg99
01-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Y'all need to relax.

It won't happen, it's classic Rebel propaganda. They currently have 22 commits and I believe are bringing in 12-15 guys that are uncommitted, they can't sign 30+. When they miss out on some guys, they'll use the "we didn't have room for them anyway" line.