PDA

View Full Version : Holman

msstate7
01-27-2016, 10:24 AM
I thought he had a great night. In 10 mins, he had 3 pts, 2 reb, and 2 blks. Hopefully he keeps progressing and can continue to protect the rim. If he can, he should be a real asset next year

confucius say
01-27-2016, 10:28 AM
He is improving every time out.

tcdog70
01-27-2016, 10:31 AM
how come no one complained when he hit the 3?

thf24
01-27-2016, 10:44 AM
I've already said it once, but it still dumbfounds me that anyone expected him to be an instant contributor right away in his first college action after missing fall practice and the first 1/3 of the season. He's definitely improving every game and will be a very nice player for us by next year, if not the latter part of this one.

mic
01-27-2016, 11:11 AM
He is already a better defensive player than Gavin...

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-27-2016, 11:20 AM
You definitely won't hear me complain about any of the three freshmen on the team. They are causing me to continue to pay attention to the season.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Biggest thing I'm looking for is the progression in improvement of the freshmen and others that will be coming back next year. This tells me that Howland is the coach everyone has built him up to be and calms my frustrations of the team as a whole. I didn't expect miracles this year, but wanted to see improvement from all of the players throughout the year. I really thought Howland may lose this team after the first few conference games by watching the body language of the older players. They have shown me the last few games that they haven't thrown in the towel by showing me hustle and effort.

Did you also notice how they took up for each other last night when things looked like they may get pretty heated? On the breakaway dunk by Q and subsequent collision with the South Carolina player, you could see 2-3 guys rushing in to stand up for him if anything escalated. That showed me that they still care. I've seen other teams in that situation that had thrown in the towel that wouldn't have done that.

MarketingBully
01-27-2016, 03:16 PM
He might be a guy who starts at the stretch 4 next year and that won't be a bad thing. Him with Herard and Kegler as our frontline next year easily is in the top four in terms of talent and potential in the SEC. With Ado coming off the bench to spell both the five and four spots is a huge step up in depth next year. As stated numerous times, we will be a force to be reckoned with next year in a number of ways.

the59dawg
01-27-2016, 05:19 PM
I thought he had a great night. In 10 mins, he had 3 pts, 2 reb, and 2 blks. Hopefully he keeps progressing and can continue to protect the rim. If he can, he should be a real asset next year

Yea Holman played pretty good. I thot coach should have let him play more. Ware was so intimidated he could hardly breathe. SC smothered him. Heck he even hit a 3. I started to yell but it went in. I have been fussing because he had been throwing up 3's. He's getting better. Move Ware to the 4 and keep Holman in or put Holman in 4 and keep Ware in 5.

thf24
01-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Yea Holman played pretty good. I thot coach should have let him play more. Ware was so intimidated he could hardly breathe. SC smothered him. Heck he even hit a 3. I started to yell but it went in. I have been fussing because he had been throwing up 3's. He's getting better. Move Ware to the 4 and keep Holman in or put Holman in 4 and keep Ware in 5.

He's a good three point shooter. Just needs to settle down, which he will with more experience.