PDA

View Full Version : Saw where AJ Brown is holding is announcement ceremony at SHS

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2016, 08:19 AM
You would think that bodes well for the home team.

msstate7
01-27-2016, 08:20 AM
Better than Oxford Saturday**

Dawgface
01-27-2016, 08:24 AM
Either that or he's got some big gonads.

Homedawg
01-27-2016, 08:27 AM

I think you are reading to much into where it's being held.

mic
01-27-2016, 08:30 AM

Where else would he have it...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Jeremy Liggins announced on the square in oxford that he was going to LSU.

HancockCountyDog
01-27-2016, 08:36 AM

Rashan Evans committed to Bama from Auburn High School.

Derek Pegues signed with us from USP high.

I agree it's rare, but it happens.

deltadawg99
01-27-2016, 08:42 AM
Jeremy liggins committed to LSU at a restaurant on the square.

mic
01-27-2016, 08:51 AM
This has zero effect...
Especially when there is a coach on the SHS staff pushing kids to Oxford and UMiss.. Shit I'm sure he will be there with his red and blue on..

louisvilledawg
01-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Heard he and kobe jones are announcing at the same time. I would think that is good for us

Coach34
01-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Literally means nothing

Makes sense he would announce at school. And with the way schools work- they were more than likely told they had to all announce at once to only interrupt classes one time

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2016, 09:25 AM
This has zero effect...
Especially when there is a coach on the SHS staff pushing kids to Oxford and UMiss.. Shit I'm sure he will be there with his red and blue on..

A quick google search and it didn't take long to see what you were talking about.

JDog13
01-27-2016, 09:28 AM
This has zero effect...

You mean 3 coaches

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2016, 11:44 AM
You mean 3 coaches

Honestly, how does that even happen? Are there any state fans on the USP staff?

JDog13
01-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Beats me

HaggardDawg
01-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Brooks Oakley, DC, went to UNM and was a GA there. He's a good dude though. Just curious, who are the other coaches with UNM ties? Even though a coach might be a fan of a certain school, isn't it a cardinal rule amongst high school coaches to not steer recruits to certain schools? It burns bridges in a profession you can't afford to burn bridges in. Coach posters, am I wrong? I'm sure it still happens though.

the59dawg
01-27-2016, 05:21 PM
This has zero effect...

If you know this for a fact, why don't youpost the name!!!!!

JDog13
01-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Brooks Oakley, DC, went to UNM and was a GA there. He's a good dude though. Just curious, who are the other coaches with UNM ties? Even though a coach might be a fan of a certain school, isn't it a cardinal rule amongst high school coaches to not steer recruits to certain schools? It burns bridges in a profession you can't afford to burn bridges in. Coach posters, am I wrong? I'm sure it still happens though.

Is this serious?

msstate7
01-27-2016, 05:45 PM

If he's seriously pushing shs kids to om, Oakley should be run out of town before nightfall.

Bigedawg
01-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Oakley is not the one to be worried about. Think opposite of truck as a first syllable.

beretta
01-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Jeremy Liggins announced on the square in oxford that he was going to LSU.

and jeremy liggins has only recouped about 20% of his original reputation in oxford since doing that.....and ONLY that much because he returned.....he aint well liked around here....just tolerated....

AJ won't near as be as bad, bc he aint going to ole miss.....bank that.....bama, probably, but not UM.....

but i totally think Mullen needs to read meat market at least 2x a year, every year.....jesus, its a ****ing blue print on what they are doing up here....

ill try to get my go-pro out on the square this weekend, but i doubt my um wife will let me....

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2016, 06:35 PM
and jeremy liggins has only recouped about 20% of his original reputation in oxford since doing that.....and ONLY that much because he returned.....he aint well liked around here....just tolerated....

AJ won't near as be as bad, bc he aint going to ole miss.....bank that.....bama, probably, but not UM.....

but i totally think Mullen needs to read meat market at least 2x a year, every year.....jesus, its a ****ing blue print on what they are doing up here....

ill try to get my go-pro out on the square this weekend, but i doubt my um wife will let me....

I believe Tony Hughes was on the meat market staff, so it isn't a mystery to Mullen.

Also, you want to let Bama know they are getting AJ, because they have no clue

HaggardDawg
01-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Oakley is not the one to be worried about. Think opposite of truck as a first syllable.

True. Oakley is not steering kids. He wants to be a head coach someday I'm sure and doesn't want to burn bridges with any program that might recruit his players in the future.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Oakley doesn't play that game. He came up under Jamie Mitchell & his staff is 100% about the players. Can't speak on the new SHS staff members but Oakley puts kids first.

Bigedawg
01-27-2016, 08:49 PM
But rest assured, we have big problems at Starkville High, and that is simply unacceptable. The mere possibility that we could lose 2 very good players to tsun is an abortion by everyone involved. The word I received is that Bama bowed out of the AJ sweepstakes and he is tsun's to lose. Kobe is considered a toss up at this point. Please don't shoot the messenger and there is still time to make a move, but things are not promising right now.

Schultzy
01-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Nope, you got bad info.

PlattsburgDawg
01-27-2016, 09:09 PM

I am 100% positive that Brooks isn't pushing these kids anywhere. There are 2 other Starkville high coaches with strong OM ties though. I expect Aj and Kobe to sign with us next week.

gravedigger
01-27-2016, 09:13 PM
A quick google search and it didn't take long to see what you were talking about.

I can't find anything from a Google search and I know most of the staff personally

gravedigger
01-27-2016, 09:18 PM
I am 100% positive that Brooks isn't pushing these kids anywhere. There are 2 other Starkville high coaches with strong OM ties though. I expect Aj and Kobe to sign with us next week.

I feel better about both now than I did, but I can say unequivocally that the two with om ties have no affect. The kids will go where they will based on their family's relationship with the schools.

HaggardDawg
01-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Brooks is a great guy and comes from a good family. I believe his father is a long time high school football coach in Senatobia so he understands the importance of putting the players first. Plus it looks good on a resume that you've sent players to multiple D1 programs.

gravedigger
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
But rest assured, we have big problems at Starkville High, and that is simply unacceptable. The mere possibility that we could lose 2 very good players to tsun is an abortion by everyone involved. The word I received is that Bama bowed out of the AJ sweepstakes and he is tsun's to lose. Kobe is considered a toss up at this point. Please don't shoot the messenger and there is still time to make a move, but things are not promising right now.

Believe this garbage if you want. Cause that is all it is. Any problem state has with shs is not because of any perceived issue with coaches there.

I'll remind everyone that we had a great pipeline with bally all American durwood minor, Michael bush, Artie cosby, David fair in the 80s. We lost the next big one in Freddie milons. Got tee milons. Recently we got Gabe Myles.

This drama is a joke

Billy Ray Valentine
01-27-2016, 09:42 PM
Believe this garbage if you want. Cause that is all it is. Any problem state has with shs is not because of any perceived issue with coaches there.

I'll remind everyone that we had a great pipeline with bally all American durwood minor, Michael bush, Artie cosby, David fair in the 80s. We lost the next big one in Freddie milons. Got tee milons. Recently we got Gabe Myles.

This drama is a joke
Unless said coach is being used as a bag man

Bigedawg
01-27-2016, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=gravedigger;492923]Believe this garbage if you want. Cause that is all it is. Any problem state has with shs is not because of any perceived issue with coaches there.

I'm sorry you think my post is garbage. I'm just telling you what I know. There is a problem at SHS and one of the coaches is felt by many to be the catalyst for that problem. He needs to know that his bs is not going unnoticed. It may be too late for this cycle but at least he will know he is on the radar now. Sorry if he is a friend of yours because you seem to have taken my post personally. And make no mistake, our coaching staff has mishandled the situation as well. You can bet that "being taken for granted" is a major theme with our rival.

04-18-2016, 04:24 PM
Brooks is a great guy and comes from a good family. I believe his father is a long time high school football coach in Senatobia so he understands the importance of putting the players first. Plus it looks good on a resume that you've sent players to multiple D1 programs.

Was released today that Brooks is the new head coach at Senatobia.

bulldawg28
04-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Bigedawg was spot on.

Homedawg
04-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Bigedawg was spot on.

About what?

MSUDawg99
04-18-2016, 05:20 PM
AJ Brown apparently was at the Maroon & White Spring game. For someone who hates us & our Coach so much, just find it interesting that he was there. Guess he felt left out since his team can't have one.