PDA

View Full Version : So...our hot water heater just exploded. Yay...

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 12:13 AM
Anyone have a [Starkville] recommendation on who to have replace it?

Thanks.

msstate7
01-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Exploded? Did it actually blow up?

CadaverDawg
01-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Dan just called one of the best local guys, but he wouldn't commit to showing up at your place...said he was headed to a house down 82 instead.*

Sorry bro, I'd help if I lived close by

msstate7
01-27-2016, 12:20 AM
Dan just called one of the best local guys, but he wouldn't commit to showing up at your place...said he was headed to a house down 82 instead.*

Haha... Better to laugh than cry, I suppose

msstate7
01-27-2016, 12:23 AM
Assuming the old water heater didn't cause damage, changing out a water heater is fairly easy. I believe in you.

Leroy Jenkins
01-27-2016, 12:25 AM
Did it look like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bU-I2ZiML0

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 12:29 AM

You silly bastard!!

DancingRabbit
01-27-2016, 12:33 AM
Why would you need to heat hot water?

Sorry 'bout that. \_(ツ)_/

It's actually easy to do a direct replacement. Must be, since I've done one myself. Probably can find a youtube to show you how if you're adventurous.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2016, 12:33 AM
Assuming the old water heater didn't cause damage, changing out a water heater is fairly easy. I believe in you.

Explosion is a bit of an overstatement, lol. We heard a "thud" sound from the closet, followed soon by the sound of pounding rain. There is a gash down the side. It looked like water coming out a fire-hydrant.

I'm not afraid of handling the job. I've never even seen one installed, though, which is why I'm hesitant of doing it myself.

TUSK
01-27-2016, 12:35 AM
Anyone have a [Starkville] recommendation on who to have replace it?

Thanks.

pm sent.

RougeDawg
01-27-2016, 12:51 AM
If I were in close proximity I'd come chang her out for free, Of course if some beverages were provided during the install. That's usually my going rate for plumbing/hvac requests of persons I know here in Nola. I never turn down a nice meal either.

TUSK
01-27-2016, 03:09 AM
If I were in close proximity I'd come chang her out for free, Of course if some beverages were provided during the install. That's usually my going rate for plumbing/hvac requests of persons I know here in Nola. I never turn down a nice meal either.

you and I have the same Business Model....

Dawgface
01-27-2016, 08:20 AM
I would do it too for a meal and beverages. Only problem.......I don't know how to do it.

Coackjek
01-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Explosion is a bit of an overstatement, lol. We heard a "thud" sound from the closet, followed soon by the sound of pounding rain. There is a gash down the side. It looked like water coming out a fire-hydrant.

I'm not afraid of handling the job. I've never even seen one installed, though, which is why I'm hesitant of doing it myself.

Edited, read comprehension fail