PDA

View Full Version : Things I would like to see going forward...

messageboardsuperhero
01-27-2016, 12:08 AM
This season is done from a wins/losses standpoint. Obviously that's a disappointment because I expected at least an NIT before the season, but it is what it is at this point. I am proud of the way we battled tonight- we weren't out-toughed, just out-manned depth wise. They earned some respect from me tonight- especially considering Carrera was allowed to get away with aggravated assault on one end of the floor while we were whistled for breathing on any USCe ball handler at the other end.

Seniors, enjoy that education. Use it to advance your career and secure the future of your family. That's about it.

The main reason I will be tuning in/showing up to the Hump for the rest of the games (other than my love for cruel and unusual punishment from MSU athletics) is to watch Newman, Weatherspoon, and Holman continue to grow. We likely won't see Newman next year, so hopefully he goes out with a bang these last couple of months and plays his way into the middle of the first round. Spoon is already a stud and will be one of the SEC's best next year. Holman is so intriguing to me because he is just now getting semi-comfortable after the injury and lack of practice time. He is going to be good and make some people on this board look silly by the time his career is done.

Next year we will again be guard oriented- especially offensively. I do look forward to seeing us have some more quality front court depth than what we have right now though. Gavin has done some nice things for us offensively this year, but we will finally have some legit rim protectors for the first time since Swat. The future is bright- just have patience. Year three and beyond will be special.