PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters.....

Thick
01-26-2016, 10:16 PM
drops 40 tonight while hitting 12....3's!!

msstate7
01-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Even if Malik leaves...

Peters
Q
Kegler
Stapleton/Holman/ado
Herard

This team beats our current team 8 out of 10 times

drummerdawg
01-26-2016, 10:21 PM
He's always been a 5* to me regardless of what the sites say. Love the way that kid plays.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm hoping our lineup is

Peters
Newman
Spoon
Kegler
Herard

I think that lineup can win a lot of games.

Okrastar1
01-26-2016, 10:24 PM
Dropped 40 on them, he's a man!

Mjoelner34
01-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Dropped 40 on them, he's a man!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oh9zIGfaWqk/ULUny611HHI/AAAAAAAABG8/Rnb_HeYGjsE/s1600/Mike+Gundy+2.jpg

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-26-2016, 10:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oh9zIGfaWqk/ULUny611HHI/AAAAAAAABG8/Rnb_HeYGjsE/s1600/Mike+Gundy+2.jpg

When does he turn fify?

engie
01-26-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm hoping our lineup is

Peters
Newman
Spoon
Kegler
Herard

I think that lineup can win a lot of games.

Think we need more size for rebounding/defense until we get the new guys up to speed offensively and/or a few more guys show themselves elite shooters.

We are going to pull a rabbit at the 4 slot still. Possibly two.

state66
01-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Darius Hicks still in the running? Hes 6'7. I would like to see someone with more height personally.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2016, 10:52 PM
I'm still not expecting Malik back.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Darius Hicks still in the running? Hes 6'7. I would like to see someone with more height personally.

No. This staff have never had interest in him.

Okrastar1
01-26-2016, 10:55 PM

I swear I almost put #Gundy on that post

engie
01-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Lot of high potential 4s still out there, especially in JUCO...

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Lot of high potential 4s still out there, especially in JUCO...

Kavell Bigby-Williams looks like a beast to me. IYOK is he getting a look?

Political Hack
01-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Keegler, Ado, and Herard would be a massive rebounding and defensive back line. Add Peters and Q and it's ridiculous how good that line up could be. Malik would be a huge bonus but I think his talent level will shine through enough to get him drafted fairly high.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Keegler, Ado, and Herard would be a massive rebounding and defensive back line

Not to mention Holman, who won't be coming off an injury, and will have a year of experience under his belt.

whosyourdawgy
01-26-2016, 11:30 PM

Unless he improves a ton with his ball handling skills, he isn't going to be a 1st rounder. He can't drive passed anyone and I don't think he's actually made a layup all season and he hasn't had a single dunk yet which is astounding to me. Now he can shoot the 3 very well. But he should be shooting the 3 well and also penetrating and getting to the line much more. Both announcers tonight were talking about how he palms the ball a bunch and uses his off arm to hold off the defender. That isn't how a point guard handles the ball. He really doesn't even like to dribble when he is being defended fairly close. He passes as soon as he can.

I love me some Malik but he has a bunch of work to do to be a 1st rounder. He has all the talent but he ain't ready in my opinion

HoopsDawg
01-26-2016, 11:32 PM

I've been saying it for weeks. They just don't want to listen.

ZedFedder
01-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know some of the guys we are recruiting (outside of those signed already)? Also, go watch his interview post game. The kid has swagger and a killer instinct, and I love it. This dude with Eli Wright and Q next year?! Plus Kegler? Whew....

MarketingBully
01-27-2016, 03:25 AM
Yeah, you guys keep forgetting to mention Eli Wright. He is a great scorer who I think is averaging around 25 points a game and has been named MVP of pretty much every tournament 22 feet has been a part of. He is a 6'5" SG/SF and the concensus #55 player overall. Also, don't forget Tyson Carter who is the MVP on his team and can play the SG or PG at 6'4". We will be fine regardless of whether Newman comes back or not. Btw, Newman right now is a first round talent especially if he can put together a few more 20+ point outbursts. He still has a chance at the lottery as well. The draft is weak this year.

Our lineup will be versatile enough to go big or small depending on who we play.

Our lineup (assuming Newman does not come back)

PG - Lamar Peters/Tyson Carter
SG - Q/Eli Wright/Carter
SF - Mario Kegler/Stapleton/Wright
PF - Holman/Ado (I think Holman will improve enough to start here)
C - Herard/Ado (Ado can swing either being a PF or C)

This would be a nine man rotation and we could put the pieces together here to either go big or small. We would basically be one of the only teams sans Kenrucky to have a rotation of basically only 4+ stars. We will be young but will be the second most talented team in the SEC. It would be good to add a JUCO PF to this mix and if we did this is easily a tournament team. Our biggest weakness this year has been our depth. No more will we have to depend on a bench of Zuppado, Daniels, and Thomas. I think if we had better depth this year our record would have been much much better.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 04:52 AM
We'd have a lot more wins if Houston & Black did what was asked of them and Tookie wasn't passed on. Oh well. It's ancient history now. I'm excited to see what Howland does with the 2-3 extra spots we still have open.

whosyourdawgy
01-27-2016, 07:49 AM
No. This staff have never had interest in him.

According to Mean Gene, Hicks says otherwise Now you know more than me. I just saw this on Twitter yesterday

http://www.scout.com/college/mississippi-state/story/1635931-2016-forward-darius-hicks-update#.Vqd2FDxxO1I.twitter

headcoach98
01-27-2016, 09:17 AM
Y'all sleeping on Holman, that kid has the goods to be really good for us. Monitoring him coming back from his injury I've noticed how he actually goes out and rebounds instead of playing like a scared 6'9 big man. His passing skills are legit, once he gains strength watch out.

trob115
01-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Zuppardo apparently applied for a 6th year of eligibility too. Not sure he would be more then the 10th guy off the bench next year.

Dawg61
01-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Zuppardo apparently applied for a 6th year of eligibility too. Not sure he would be more then the 10th guy off the bench next year.

He alright with paying for that 6th year?

msstate7
01-27-2016, 09:41 AM
He alright with paying for that 6th year?

Graduate transfer, I'm sure

Johnson85
01-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Yeah, you guys keep forgetting to mention Eli Wright. He is a great scorer who I think is averaging around 25 points a game and has been named MVP of pretty much every tournament 22 feet has been a part of. He is a 6'5" SG/SF and the concensus #55 player overall. Also, don't forget Tyson Carter who is the MVP on his team and can play the SG or PG at 6'4". We will be fine regardless of whether Newman comes back or not. Btw, Newman right now is a first round talent especially if he can put together a few more 20+ point outbursts. He still has a chance at the lottery as well. The draft is weak this year.

Our lineup will be versatile enough to go big or small depending on who we play.

Our lineup (assuming Newman does not come back)

PG - Lamar Peters/Tyson Carter
SG - Q/Eli Wright/Carter
SF - Mario Kegler/Stapleton/Wright
PF - Holman/Ado (I think Holman will improve enough to start here)
C - Herard/Ado (Ado can swing either being a PF or C)

This would be a nine man rotation and we could put the pieces together here to either go big or small. We would basically be one of the only teams sans Kenrucky to have a rotation of basically only 4+ stars. We will be young but will be the second most talented team in the SEC. It would be good to add a JUCO PF to this mix and if we did this is easily a tournament team. Our biggest weakness this year has been our depth. No more will we have to depend on a bench of Zuppado, Daniels, and Thomas. I think if we had better depth this year our record would have been much much better.

Find it hard to believe that Ready is going to go from 30 minutes a game to not being in the line-up. Going to potentially have one more season working some kinks out with respect to chemistry.

On the bright side, aren't all of those guys projected to be multi-year players? Could really make noise in two years.

thf24
01-27-2016, 10:48 AM
We'd have a lot more wins if Houston & Black did what was asked of them and Tookie wasn't passed on. Oh well. It's ancient history now. I'm excited to see what Howland does with the 2-3 extra spots we still have open.

You're probably right about Houston and Black, although chances are they would have had to move along before next year to make room anyway.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-27-2016, 11:18 AM

How difficult is it for a guy like Zuppardo to get a 6th year?