PDA

View Full Version : Jay Hopson

DCdawg
01-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Sorry if Germans. Just saw this tweet from Football Scoop so there's a good chance it's false.

Dan Mullen has offered Mississippi State's remaining open coaching position to Jay Hopson sources tell FootballScoop https://t.co/sNnVtyuq1F

HoopsDawg
01-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Sorry if Germans. Just saw this tweet from Football Scoop so there's a good chance it's false.

Dan Mullen has offered Mississippi State's remaining open coaching position to Jay Hopson sources tell FootballScoop https://t.co/sNnVtyuq1F

Would love it if true.

confucius say
01-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Doubt he will take it, but I would be good with that

Dawg496
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Is he a recruiter? Maybe he replaces Hughes MS connections.

Big4Dawg
01-26-2016, 05:45 PM
He made $170 this year. Townsend made $250k FWIW

HailState39110
01-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Doubt he will take it, but I would be good with that

You would think Hopson probably makes $250k + incentives at Alcorn. Wasnt that the pay grade for Deshea as well when he was the DB coach?

Big4Dawg
01-26-2016, 05:54 PM
You would think Hopson probably makes $250k + incentives at Alcorn. Wasnt that the pay grade for Deshea as well when he was the DB coach?

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/alabama-state/2014/10/30/asu-rewards-reggie-barlow-new-contract/18202125/

Alcorn State's Jay Hopson made $150,000 under his old contract, but was rewarded with a three-year extension just before the start of the 2014 season. Details of the new contract were not released.

engie
01-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Yay -- footballscoop article. Yet our fanbase clicks and discusses the notion.

Let's allow others to report and individually verify.

Johnson85
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/alabama-state/2014/10/30/asu-rewards-reggie-barlow-new-contract/18202125/

Alcorn State's Jay Hopson made $150,000 under his old contract, but was rewarded with a three-year extension just before the start of the 2014 season. Details of the new contract were not released.

Pretty sure Alcorn state is a public university, so if the details of the contract weren't released, it's because nobody cared enough to ask.

was21
He was considered for the Louisiana Monroe job and wasn't selected. With the USM job open, he may be considered for it as well. Don't know what his goals are...guess we'll find out soon enough, probably fairly quick.

Maroons
01-26-2016, 06:04 PM

It's not a click if it's a retweet on my timeline, but I understand your point.

Bothrops
01-26-2016, 06:15 PM
He can croot. Dude is cool.

Covercorner2
01-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Would be a homerun if we can pay enough for a position coach. He is building a house in VBurg, so that may be a factor....

CadaverDawg
01-26-2016, 06:25 PM
I doubt Hopson will make that move as a Safeties coach, but that'd be a great hire if we could get him.

That being said, it's total bull shit until someone with an ounce of knowledge or respectability reports it. FootballScoop is a shit burger

yjnkdawg
01-26-2016, 06:38 PM
That being said, it's total bull shit until someone with an ounce of knowledge or respectability reports it. FootballScoop is a shit burger

FootballScoop just wants to stir up our fanbase and they apparently do an excellent job at that.

DCdawg
01-26-2016, 07:00 PM

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to post something that would lead to a relevant discussion if it were to come to fruition. I don't know why I'm even on a forum for meant for discussion of things that pertain to MSU.

Op4isabitch
01-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Bonner tweeted this a while ago:

What Mullen told me: "I haven't talked to Jay Hopson. I haven't offered anyone a contract. We're going to wait until after signing day."

gtowndawg
01-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Sorry guys. I didn't mean to post something that would lead to a relevant discussion if it were to come to fruition. I don't know why I'm even on a forum for meant for discussion of things that pertain to MSU.

You're fine. A lot of people don't know about the football scoop crap. It's Ole Miss guys apparently. I didn't know either until last week. I simply never paid attention to football scoop because, well, it's worthless.

HoopsCoach21
01-27-2016, 12:10 AM
I doubt Hopson will make that move as a Safeties coach, but that'd be a great hire if we could get him.

I wonder if maybe a co-coordinator title would be something we could entice him with if we truly wanted him. Considering that we hired a DC with less experience than some wanted it may not be a bad move for him to have some extra help. Plus being a co-DC would look better on a r?sum? if Hopson has aspirations of moving up like most have mentioned he does.

I really don't know much about him honestly and I'm sure there's probably not much validity to the offer considering who reported it...just spitballing ideas.