PDA

View Full Version : 2nd letter question.

Msujd164
01-26-2016, 02:54 PM
I have seen a second letter mentioned on here and on Twitter. My question is what would be the purpose of the NCAA sending a second letter? What do you think its contents would be? Would it include allegations against the school, or individual?

Jack Lambert
01-26-2016, 03:01 PM
They had so much they had to send it in two letters.

msudawglb
01-26-2016, 03:10 PM
I have seen a second letter mentioned on here and on Twitter. My question is what would be the purpose of the NCAA sending a second letter? What do you think its contents would be? Would it include allegations against the school, or individual?

bears have a 3rd grade reading level....Had to break up the 50 words into two letters to have room for the pop up figures as well.

BulldogBacker
01-26-2016, 03:12 PM

You have to remember that Bjork acknowledged that they had received an initial letter back last Fall, before the Saunders information blew up on ULL, and was quoted as saying it pertained to a couple of sports and minor violations from the previous head coach. Saunders was cited with 8 major violations, including participating in academic fraud to get ULL players qualified illegally. Then the Tunsil information blew up in their faces with Tunsil being held out of 6 games. The two NCAA investigators stayed on in the Oxford area checking more and more car titles, arrest records, etc., etc. In short, the second letter would supersede the first letter and add more violations.

Really Clark?
01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
It would be concerning what happened this summer with Tunsil and Hampton and possible other verified info from Tunsil's stepdad. That incident probably delayed the entire investigation or else we may have already had the other out in the public. Best guess

notsofarawaydawg
01-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Plus, no one knows for sure that Tee didn't talk to them after Freezus did what he did. The money is spent, so what can the UNM do to him now?

RougeDawg
01-26-2016, 03:32 PM
They sent the 2nd to make sure OM knew they weren't being trolled by a message board hero.**

Coach34
01-26-2016, 03:33 PM
1st one is for various violations with football and women's sports

2nd one pertains to illegal actions with Tunsil and others. That investigation is still going on

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2016, 03:38 PM
So sometime between the end of this year and 2042 we might get all this out in the open? If they already have enough to nail their balls to the wall I wish they'd just go ahead and do it. If they try to stay there until they have uncovered everything it will be completed by the grandchildren of the current investigators.

coastdoglover
01-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Just be patient. The NCAA never moves very fast.

Red Sox Dawg
01-26-2016, 04:27 PM
They had so much they had to send it in two letters.

Lol That was funny.

JDog13
01-26-2016, 05:08 PM
It would be concerning what happened this summer with Tunsil and Hampton and possible other verified info from Tunsil's stepdad. That incident probably delayed the entire investigation or else we may have already had the other out in the public. Best guess

What's so odd about Hampton and his uncle getting brand new Chevy trucks at the same time?

Really Clark?
01-26-2016, 05:12 PM
What's so odd about Hampton and his uncle getting brand new Chevy trucks at the same time?

Haha. Well I was talking more about what has been made know in regards of the "loaner car" set up like Tunsil. Just a shorter amount of time. But no nothing odd about that either.***

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2016, 05:26 PM
1st one is for various violations with football and women's sports

2nd one pertains to illegal actions with Tunsil and others. That investigation is still going on

So how would the NCAA handle probation?

Double probation? Penalties now and penalties later? Or just get it all done in one clean sweep?

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Double [secret] probation? Penalties now and penalties later?

http://i.imgur.com/2dzsNIR.gif

Coach34
01-26-2016, 05:48 PM

Double probation? Penalties now and penalties later? Or just get it all done in one clean sweep?

no idea whatsoever

Bucky Dog
01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Plus, no one knows for sure that Tee didn't talk to them after Freezus did what he did. The money is spent, so what can the UNM do to him now?

He would lose his remaining eligibility if I'm not mistaken.

RougeDawg
01-26-2016, 05:53 PM
The tel question is how has Bucky been able to avoid any and all ridicule for any of this? AJ Green gets busted and every sports media outlet under the sun brought Richt into the mix. Ohio State players selling memorabilia and Tressel is hammered. Bucky out recruits perennial powerhouse programs, after a Birmingham bowl, later to discover improper benefits to at minimum one player and..... crickets???. For some reason they are more bullet proof than every other university in American and nothing can even begin to logically explain how.

We need to start blasting any and every media outlet and call them out for the same hypocrisy that the great Snake Oil Salesman Bucky is himself. It really is astonishing how little buzz they are creating when their recruiting has been as abnormal and blatant as any since the SMU days.

yjnkdawg
01-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Just be patient. The NCAA never moves very fast.

They say on their website that they have no timeline on when an investigation will be completed.

Political Hack
01-26-2016, 07:18 PM

One could offer that the initial charges will be of such magnitude that the ongoing investigation of an isolated player/incident will not greatly impact the overall level of sanctions handed to the university, therefore there's no justifiable reason for further delaying the results of the initial investigation's findings. Which could imply that they intend to move forward fairly quickly (quickly is an extremely relative word when dealing with the NCAA).