PDA

View Full Version : Basketball game tonight

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Dawgs vs the Cocks. Have the dawgs finally turned the corner? Can they find a way to steal one on the road? I know scar is 17-2 and has been ranked for a good part of the year but I wouldn't call them world beaters. They don't shoot the ball particularly well and they are prone to turnovers. If we can limit our turnovers and not get completely dominated on the glass I like our chances. Thoughts??

msstate7
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
If Q and Malik go off again, we have a shot

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Agreed. If Malik can be stronger when he drives I'd feel a lot more confident about him. He can't be consistent if he's just gonna depend on 3s. Q on the other hand has turned into my favorite player

chef dixon
01-26-2016, 12:47 PM
South Carolina is the least intimidating 17-2 team I've ever seen.

louisvilledawg
01-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Don't they have a big time post presence? I know that carrera (sp?) guy is good. Could be wrong.

If they have any warm body on the squad that can hoist up threes with relative accuracy, prepare for him to drop about 24 points. And prepare for South Carolina to make like 13-18 threes lol

lol meaning i'm laughing to keep from crying

Coach34
01-26-2016, 12:52 PM
We will be lucky to stay within 10

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Don't they have a big time post presence? I know that carrera (sp?) guy is good. Could be wrong.

If they have any warm body on the squad that can hoist up threes with relative accuracy, prepare for him to drop about 24 points. And prepare for South Carolina to make like 13-18 threes lol

lol meaning i'm laughing to keep from crying

Yea they have carrera and two big euro white guys that are clumsy as hell but can rebound which is concerning. I don't think they shoot the 3 particularly well but that doesn't mean anything when you're playing us. I think we can make there bigs uncomfortable with a 4 guard lineup. If we can turn it into a high scoring game it would benefit us

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
I'd feel a lot better if it was at the Hump. Scar got trounced by Bama and Tenn on the road. But we do get them in the Hump toward the end if I'm not mistaken

chef dixon
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM

I guess if you keep predicting this then it will happen. Although I did agree with you for the A&M, UK, and Florida games.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 01:10 PM
SCar is a tough team. Physically they are tough just like their coach. They are led by 3 senior Euros. One from Spain (Carrera) and the other two from Lithuania. I suspect they will murder us on the glass but we can exploit their lack of quickness on the transition. It should be a good game. I think every team we've played in the SEC so far (when healthy) is physically more talented than USCe but I doubt you can find many teams in the entire country tougher than them. We better come ready to fight. If we get a technical foul or two it'll be a good sign we came ready to fight.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 01:14 PM

We are a better offensive team than USC. If we lose I doubt it's by a lot. I think we win actually.

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 01:19 PM
SCar is a tough team. Physically they are tough just like their coach. They are led by 3 senior Euros. One from Spain (Carrera) and the other two from Lithuania. I suspect they will murder us on the glass but we can exploit their lack of quickness on the transition. It should be a good game. I think every team we've played in the SEC so far (when healthy) is physically more talented than USCe but I doubt you can find many teams in the entire country tougher than them. We better come ready to fight. If we get a technical foul or two it'll be a good sign we came ready to fight.

Yep they're strengths are their toughness and their experience. We've got to try and turn it into a track meet like Tennessee did to them Saturday. If we let them play their game and grind us we're in trouble.

mic
01-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Very winnable game..
Their best wins are at home against an average Memphis team and a Vandy team that was without their big man I think
Carrera is very solid player.. And besdies the 6'11 they aren't that big.. Gavin can't get on foul trouble tho..
We have been in ever game so far and should be in this one..

Noah11
01-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Someone has to go off for us like Malik did against ole miss. That's the only way I see us winning

Coach34
01-26-2016, 01:56 PM
I guess if you keep predicting this then it will happen. Although I did agree with you for the A&M, UK, and Florida games.

Thats just the way I look at all road games