PDA

View Full Version : 2 movies I recently watched:

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 01:22 AM
1st, last week I finally got around to seeing The Revenant in theaters. I really enjoyed it. The peeps I saw it with were bored, but I really liked the ambiance and use of scenery. When you think about how that movie was shot in 100% natural light, it's crazy impressive. Also, relying on the natural beauty of the landscape, rather than a ton of CGI, is very refreshing. Leo was great, and Tom Hardy was bad ass.

2nd, downloaded and watched Straight Outta Compton. Damn that was a good movie. I was a huge NWA fan, and later a Dre, Snoop, Tupac, Cube, etc., fan....basically all the west coast stuff. I thought all the actors did a really good job of portraying their characters. I am flabbergasted at how much Ice Cube's son looks, and sounds, just like him; he was really good. I also thought Giamatti did a great job. I also thought the portrayal of Suge Knight was spot on; especially considering the events surrounding his recent legal troubles.

Political Hack
01-31-2016, 03:07 PM
I wanted to see Revenant but haven't yet. If I go back to the theatre that'll be my pick.

I'm going to watch SOC now. Been stalling but I may actually watch it tonight now.