PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-26-2016, 12:39 AM
with all of the talk surrounding UNMiss and the NCAA, ranging from some posters saying nothing at all is going to happen, to others saying they're going to get slammed. I've asked myself, what will it take for me to be satisfied with the penalties they receive? At some point, the penalties will come out and this board is going to be either jubilant like it is after a Saturday night win, or it's going to be a bitch fest like we've never seen before.

So now I ask you, What penalties will it take from the NCAA for you to be satisfied? When responding, please try to be as specific as possible. (2 yr. bowl ban; 8 scholarships over 3 years; LOIC; etc.)

It_Could_Happen
01-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Scholarship reduction and bowl ban.

Leroy Jenkins
01-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Somewhere between USC and PSU and Ill be happy.

engie
01-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Probation and an even playing field

sandwolf
01-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Honestly, if they don't get banned from post season play for a couple of years and lose a considerable amount of scholarships (like 7-10 per year) over the next few years, then it is going to look like it was all worth it and just the cost of doing business. Because they are bringing in the type of talent that could take them to Atlanta (hell, if we are being honest, they should have been in Atlanta this year).....so if they maintain eligibility for post season play and actually make it to Atlanta, nobody is going to give a shit if they were on probation when they did it, and any bullshit sanctions they get from the NCAA will have been a small price to pay.

And I don't see them getting hit anywhere near hard enough for it to make them (or us) feel like it wasn't worth it.......I think by the time this all plays out, we will all be posting about how our boosters and our administration need to get on board before we get absolutely left in the dust. I hope like hell I am wrong, but I just see them getting slapped on the wrist.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Deandre = NCAA

Brandon = OM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2300537/deandrethunderdunk.gif

Brando
01-26-2016, 05:55 AM
I would like to see a bowl ban and loss of 5-10 scholarships a yr. but on a side note, could these "boosters" not just pay for these kids college to get them in school? i mean hell, they were already paying them, why wouldnt they just had another 50 grand and pay for their schooling to keep the talent flowing? so in theroy i guess what im asking is would loss of scholarships really hurt them that bad?

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2016, 06:11 AM
I would like to see a bowl ban and loss of 5-10 scholarships a yr. but on a side note, could these "boosters" not just pay for these kids college to get them in school? i mean hell, they were already paying them, why wouldnt they just had another 50 grand and pay for their schooling to keep the talent flowing? so in theroy i guess what im asking is would loss of scholarships really hurt them that bad?

I had the same thought yesterday. I thought just tell them to get a student loan and once they graduated they'd pay it back for them once they weren't a student athlete and no violation. The thing is that would throw up so many red flags if a school started having all these 4 and 5 star recruits coming in as walk ons with all the schollies going to two and three stars.

SheltonChoked
01-26-2016, 07:09 AM
Disassociate chuck and yancy ( someone has to ID the kids across multiple administrations)
Forfeit all
Matches ineligible athletes participated in
Postseason ban ( 2 years)
Loss of scholarships ( 20% higher than ULL got -- they lost 11 for 4 players, so it would be 100 across all the sports found guilty)
Show cause for any coaches involved
Show cause for admins involved

Coach34
01-26-2016, 07:24 AM
I'll be happy with probation- cause it makes me right yet aGAIN...anything past that is gravy

DancingRabbit
01-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Probation
15 scholarships over 3 years
At least 1 year bowl ban
Vacate wins involving tainted players

And hopefully
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004323843/3032771676_abc_abc_swaggart_apology_100218_wg_answ er_11_xlarge.jpeg

cujo
01-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Probation
15 scholarships over 3 years
At least 1 year bowl ban
Vacate wins involving tainted players

And hopefully
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004323843/3032771676_abc_abc_swaggart_apology_100218_wg_answ er_11_xlarge.jpeg

nm

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Show for the buck-toothed one
Two year bowl ban
Reduction of 15 schollies over 3 years
Disassociate from Archie

LC Dawg
01-26-2016, 08:46 AM
I just can't see them getting a bowl ban. Minimum for me would be probation, lose at least 15 scholarships, and have to vacate some wins (it would be sweet if they had to vacate the Sugar Bowl win for an ineligible player).

Martianlander
01-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Being investigated in at least three sports. I'd like to see lack of institutional control, a show cause on Freeze, scholarship reductions, and a bowl ban for at least two years. May be wishful thinking, but based on past history, their punishment should be harsh.

Martianlander
01-26-2016, 08:50 AM
I just can't see them getting a bowl ban. Minimum for me would be probation, lose at least 15 scholarships, and have to vacate some wins (it would be sweet if they had to vacate the Sugar Bowl win for an ineligible player).

Yes, vacate some wins too. They claim the wins we had that we had to forfeit to them, so I'll gladly claim ours if they have to forfeit.

Statecoachingblows**
01-26-2016, 09:05 AM
I'd like for the greatest recruiting class in the history of all sports to have to use their improper benefit funds and cut a big ass check to Asplundh. Let them set up shop in the grove and send every tree on the campus through the wood chipper, the one on the trailer, not the one in charge.

DawgPoundLazer
01-26-2016, 09:11 AM
FYI I think Steve Robertson is on Out of Bounds at 9:30. I'm sure the focus will be on recruiting, but hopefully he hits on the impending doom at TSUN. The Bearshark calls/tweets that follow should be very interesting.....

Johnson85
01-26-2016, 09:50 AM
with all of the talk surrounding UNMiss and the NCAA, ranging from some posters saying nothing at all is going to happen, to others saying they're going to get slammed. I've asked myself, what will it take for me to be satisfied with the penalties they receive? At some point, the penalties will come out and this board is going to be either jubilant like it is after a Saturday night win, or it's going to be a bitch fest like we've never seen before.

So now I ask you, What penalties will it take from the NCAA for you to be satisfied? When responding, please try to be as specific as possible. (2 yr. bowl ban; 8 scholarships over 3 years; LOIC; etc.)

If they don't get a post season ban or scholarship reductions that make it almost impossible for them to compete going forward, they are going to be thrilled with the trade-off and lots more teams will start going all in. I don't think they'll get a bowl ban because the NCAA is already having to send 5-7 teams to bowl games. SO they need to get a significant scholarship reduction to make them and other teams at least hesitate before going all in. 5-10 scholarships a year for 4 years, preferably front loaded to make sure they don't reap the benefits of this upcoming class.

I expect to be disappointed in the results and for their return on investment to look as good or better than any team's other than Auburn with Cam.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Just get them on probation. Then they have to tone it down or risk really getting the hammer if they get caught again. People tend to forget but what really got SMU wasn't the first time they got caught, it was the second time.

Taog Redloh
01-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I'll be happy with probation- cause it makes me right yet aGAIN...anything past that is gravy
Most every MSU fan who cares about MSU hopes OM goes on probation because #1, they are cheating ie deserve it, and #2, it will help MSU. You on the other hand, care first and foremost about Coach34, THEN MSU. Reminds me of the Mike/Walt scene on Breaking Bad.

Maroonbulldog
01-26-2016, 10:47 AM
To paraphrase a line in Braveheart:
" I demand that they go to every SEC fan, beg for forgiveness for years of cheating, and kiss each and every conference members Arse on their was back to Oxford"

Johnson85
01-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Just get them on probation. Then they have to tone it down or risk really getting the hammer if they get caught again. People tend to forget but what really got SMU wasn't the first time they got caught, it was the second time.
I don't think that's going to slow them down that much. Look how crazy aggressive they are being knowing that they are about to get hit. If they don't get popped, then anybodyin the future who is being investigated will take it as a sign that they need to throw caution to the wind until their punishment is announced.

JDog13
01-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Doesn't matter what they get. They won't stop.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Most every MSU fan who cares about MSU hopes OM goes on probation because #1, they are cheating ie deserve it, and #2, it will help MSU. You on the other hand, care first and foremost about Coach34, THEN MSU. Reminds me of the Mike/Walt scene on Breaking Bad.

/slowclap

Coach34
01-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Nahhhh- I just enjoy being right when so many people have tried to say I was wrong.

Barking 13
01-26-2016, 11:29 AM
call me a zealot, but the death penalty would be just fine... ala SMU

BeardoMSU
01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Nahhhh- I just enjoy being right when so many people have tried to say I was wrong.

Not all "probations" are created equal, but enjoy being right...

Taog Redloh
01-26-2016, 11:46 AM
That's fine, when it comes to your opinions that HELP MSU, like in this instance. Fire away at Ole Miss. And I hope you are right about our remaining recroots.

Problem comes in when you were bashing Mullen a month or so ago. Like it or not, you do own a popular MSU message board. Use it to help, rather than hurt, is all I ask. Keep the coach bashing on your personal twitter or facebook or whatever it may be.

Coach34
01-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Not all "probations" are created equal, but enjoy being right...

well, I obviously would enjoy that campus being burned to the ground. I'd bring the ribs to cook. We'll see what the NCAA can get done. But yes- I'll enjoy being right thoroughly

Coach34
01-26-2016, 12:04 PM
That's fine, when it comes to your opinions that HELP MSU, like in this instance. Fire away at Ole Miss. And I hope you are right about our remaining recroots.

Problem comes in when you were bashing Mullen a month or so ago. Like it or not, you do own a popular MSU message board. Use it to help, rather than hurt, is all I ask. Keep the coach bashing on your personal twitter or facebook or whatever it may be.

Mullen deserved the bashing then- and he better close next Wed or he has a lot more coming his way

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Mullen deserved the bashing then- and he better close next Wed or he has a lot more coming his way

Agreed. Goin into his 8th season I'm done making excuses. 2014 was great but I don't want it to be a one hit wonder. I want those types of seasons to occur atleast semi regularly. And they won't if we end up with a shitastic class the year after being number 1 for nearly half the season.

mic
01-26-2016, 12:26 PM

Arguably 4 of the top 6 players in the state of Mississippi are all within 40 minutes of the campus.
If he doesn't close at least 3 of these players he will have lots of questions to answer. And the first should come from his boss.. But we know that won't happen..

BayouDawg
01-26-2016, 12:27 PM
well, I obviously would enjoy that campus being burned to the ground. I'd bring the ribs to cook. We'll see what the NCAA can get done. But yes- I'll enjoy being right thoroughly

Surely after 3 years of investigating the NCAA has enough for atleast a decent scholly reduction. I swear if all they get is a reduction in recruiting visits or some random ass assistant gets fired to take the fall I'll probably quit watching college football.

QuadrupleOption
01-26-2016, 12:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CP9dg38cAI

TrapGame
01-26-2016, 01:18 PM
I want the Grove burned down, buildings boarded up, VHS used as a manure holding facility and sorority girls placed in the proper whore houses of Memphis and New Orleans.

RougeDawg
01-26-2016, 01:26 PM
I want the Grove burned down, buildings boarded up, VHS used as a manure holding facility and sorority girls placed in the proper whore houses of Memphis and New Orleans.

Hell yes!!!!! Swallowers galore.

Maroons
01-26-2016, 02:00 PM

Recruited football players have to count against the football scholarship limits. Prevents schools from signing football players to other sports or just signing 40 players to academic or merit scholarships.

Spiderman
01-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Arguably 4 of the top 6 players in the state of Mississippi are all within 40 minutes of the campus.
If he doesn't close at least 3 of these players he will have lots of questions to answer. And the first should come from his boss.. But we know that won't happen..

wait... last week it was 5 of 5 and when I said we should be happy with 3, I got vilified.

yjnkdawg
01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Surely after 3 years of investigating the NCAA has enough for atleast a decent scholly reduction. I swear if all they get is a reduction in recruiting visits or some random ass assistant gets fired to take the fall I'll probably quit watching college football.

If OM doesn't get more severe penalties than ULL, then the NCAA just needs to fold up and live under a rock.

yjnkdawg
01-26-2016, 06:48 PM

What I would really like to see is for the NCAA to make an example out of OM for all the Auburns, etc. to see that the NCAA means business. May be a pipedream, but I guess we can hope

BulldogBacker
01-26-2016, 06:55 PM

Wait until the NCAA gives it to them. We don't know the extent of the violations they find. The NCAA won't give them the DEATH PENALTY, even if they deserve it, because the SMU Death Penalty broke up the Southwest Conference and caused huge damage. I would suspect academic fraud would be cause for a serious penalty though.

Political Hack
01-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Hugh Freeze admitting that Richie Brown's soul is safe. If they force them to do that, I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll still be upset that they're allowed to play football in a place where students yell "the south will rise again."

CadaverDawg
01-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Death Penalty.

I know I won't be happy, but If they had to shut down the program, I would want them to have to bulldoze the stadium so....