PDA

View Full Version : Per the MSU baseball poster

Todd4State
01-25-2016, 10:50 PM
Team captains are Dakota Hudson, Jacob Robson, and Brent Rooker.

Pretty awesome to have three legit MLB prospects as captains.

bulldogcountry1
01-26-2016, 08:53 AM
I hope to see some real leadership this year. We won't be successful without it, and we can do big things with it.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Team captains are Dakota Hudson, Jacob Robson, and Brent Rooker.

Pretty awesome to have three legit MLB prospects as captains.
There's only 1 MLB prospect in that group

Todd4State
01-26-2016, 01:24 PM

D1Baseball has all three rated in their top 300 prospects article. I'll split hairs and say draft prospects.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2016, 01:35 PM
D1Baseball has all three rated in their top 300 prospects article. I'll split hairs and say draft prospects.

Fair enough.

Just remember that Kendall Rogers is a media member. Just because D1 is the best at covering college baseball doesn't mean they know anything about the draft.

DogDaddy
01-26-2016, 02:19 PM
So we are to believe that you do?

CarolinaDawgs
01-26-2016, 08:34 PM

Im assuming he means the guy who punched a wall and broke his hand last year.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 09:56 PM
Fair enough.

Just remember that Kendall Rogers is a media member. Just because D1 is the best at covering college baseball doesn't mean they know anything about the draft.

There's 40 rounds for every team. Pretty sure your Grandma has a chance with that many rounds.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 09:57 PM
I hope to see some real leadership this year. We won't be successful without it, and we can do big things with it.

Is all of the Gay Clown Dugout Pusse gone now?

Todd4State
01-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Is all of the Gay Clown Dugout Pusse gone now?

I believe so. If not they better be.

I don't mind players having fun at all- and I think they should have some fun. But after you give up a seven spot and cause the game to be out of reach is NOT the time to do that. To me, that's disrespectful to the game and it tells me that as a player you don't really give a shit.

Dawg61
01-26-2016, 10:29 PM

I don't mind players having fun at all- and I think they should have some fun. But after you give up a seven spot and cause the game to be out of reach is NOT the time to do that. To me, that's disrespectful to the game and it tells me that as a player you don't really give a shit.

Ross Mitchell turned to shit once he became leader of that club. It ruined him.

engie
01-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Yep. Have fun in victory and success. Be disgusted with yourself when you play terribly. Those guys just didn't get "it" when it was their turn to be leaders of the team. Those performances last year should not have been fun for anyone in any way.

Political Hack
01-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think we should be disrespectful of the players because they had a bad year. It's not like they're jumping out of hotel room windows or getting arrested for drugs. They were good guys, we just had a bad season and didn't have the pieces to make it work.

Todd4State
01-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Yep. Have fun in victory and success. Be disgusted with yourself when you play terribly. Those guys just didn't get "it" when it was their turn to be leaders of the team. Those performances last year should not have been fun for anyone in any way.

And even when you play terribly I don't even need to see a guy look angry or throwing around crap like Carlos Zambrano or anything like that. Just sit there or go back into the clubhouse.

Todd4State
01-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Ross Mitchell turned to shit once he became leader of that buttsex club. It ruined him.

I think the new baseball affected him more than the other pitchers. This will sound disrespectful but I don't mean to slight him- he was almost basically throwing batting practice with a few sliders mixed in. With the old balls and our huge ballpark a guy like that could make a good living as a pitcher. Give him credit for being who he was and he had to have good control to execute the way he did though.

And I honestly don't think he intended to disrespect the game with the way he acted in the dugout. But he still did IMO and has been called out on it.

Todd4State
01-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think we should be disrespectful of the players because they had a bad year. It's not like they're jumping out of hotel room windows or getting arrested for drugs. They were good guys, we just had a bad season and didn't have the pieces to make it work.

They were good people. But I disagree about not having the pieces to make it work- or at least go to a regional. Those eight guys that got selected to go to the Cape were on the team last year- but very few of them were allowed to play a lot- mostly on the pitching staff where we had the most glaring issues.

And I will point out that it wasn't just Ross that had some attitude problems at times. Not by a long shot. It wasn't all on him and he shouldn't bear the entire brunt of last season.

Backwoodsdawg
01-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Don't fool yourself into thinking there aren't still some of the same problems in the dugout as we had last year! Just because you're a captain doesn't necessarily mean your a leader or can lead unfortunately. The biggest difference they have this year from what the coaches know is that the group that they brought in recently are all hungry and several of them have the ability to step in at any given time and we will, truthfully, not miss a beat or even be better as a team. The coaches know this and the scouts know this. This is a big part of what the hype is about. The scouts know that if the field has the right players on it Mississippi State can be very good. I think the doubt comes from just not knowing if the coaches will be willing to put the best PLAYER at each spot. You look for proof... proof is from all of the kids that are freshman that turned down some kind of money to go pro this past draft, Breaux, Padgett, Pilkington, Small, Barlow, Ford, Marrero, Alexander and Stovall all turned down an opportunity to be a pro baseball player. That means the guys that see players and evaluate them everyday of their life thought they were good enough to skip college and go to the next level and compete. This means they certainly think they can go into college baseball and contribute right away if given the opportunity. You compile that with the older guys that had good summers then you get the hype. It will all boil down to weather or not our coaches can figure out what is the best option at each position for the future of the team!

The one thing I know for sure is there are some kids on this team that are pure winners no matter what... young and old. Just read their bio's...State Champions, State finalist, standouts in football with interest from major D1 programs in their career all kinds of things that let you know they are winners. Some that play with a chip on their shoulder because they feel like they have something to prove for various reasons, like lack of speed maybe, or size, or just from not being talked about by the media guys when they know they can compete. Whatever it may be it is good for the team because they will play hard to the end and you won't ever see them give up I don't believe. It's a blue collar bunch that ain't afraid of working for what they want from what I saw this fall.

As I said before on here though it is baseball and it will humble you real quick no matter who you are.

Todd4State
01-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Don't fool yourself into thinking there aren't still some of the same problems in the dugout as we had last year! Just because you're a captain doesn't necessarily mean your a leader or can lead unfortunately. The biggest difference they have this year from what the coaches know is that the group that they brought in recently are all hungry and several of them have the ability to step in at any given time and we will, truthfully, not miss a beat or even be better as a team. The coaches know this and the scouts know this. This is a big part of what the hype is about. The scouts know that if the field has the right players on it Mississippi State can be very good. I think the doubt comes from just not knowing if the coaches will be willing to put the best PLAYER at each spot. You look for proof... proof is from all of the kids that are freshman that turned down some kind of money to go pro this past draft, Breaux, Padgett, Pilkington, Small, Barlow, Ford, Marrero, Alexander and Stovall all turned down an opportunity to be a pro baseball player. That means the guys that see players and evaluate them everyday of their life thought they were good enough to skip college and go to the next level and compete. This means they certainly think they can go into college baseball and contribute right away if given the opportunity. You compile that with the older guys that had good summers then you get the hype. It will all boil down to weather or not our coaches can figure out what is the best option at each position for the future of the team!

The one thing I know for sure is there are some kids on this team that are pure winners no matter what... young and old. Just read their bio's...State Champions, State finalist, standouts in football with interest from major D1 programs in their career all kinds of things that let you know they are winners. Some that play with a chip on their shoulder because they feel like they have something to prove for various reasons, like lack of speed maybe, or size, or just from not being talked about by the media guys when they know they can compete. Whatever it may be it is good for the team because they will play hard to the end and you won't ever see them give up I don't believe. It's a blue collar bunch that ain't afraid of working for what they want from what I saw this fall.

As I said before on here though it is baseball and it will humble you real quick no matter who you are.

I like this guy.

engie
01-27-2016, 06:41 PM

Good post.

There are always going to be some degree of dugout issues. That's inescapable and just part of it when you spend the amount of time together baseball players do. There will be personality clash. Or two guys will be messing with the same girl. Or whatever. But not the kind of issues we had last year. That was extremely abnormal. Normally pitchers and catchers take up the slack here. Which is why the BenchMobb thing bothered me so much. I loved it when those guys were throwing 6 scoreless -- but not so much when everyone in the fanbase is miserable and everyone on the team should be miserable. Someone should have stepped it up and ended that stuff last year.

State82
01-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Spot on Backwoodsdawg. Really good post.

Backwoodsdawg
01-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys...I've been around the game for quite sometime and I sure don't know it all but I will just give my input when I can, you can agree or disagree I don't mind either way and it won't bother me one way or the other. I just enjoy the game and I'm kinda a call it like I see it guy from the old school so please don't be offended if I say something you don't agree with. Praying for a great season for these boys they work really hard!

bulldogcountry1
01-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Don't fool yourself into thinking there aren't still some of the same problems in the dugout as we had last year!

Are you saying we still have some cancers in the clubhouse or are you just making a safe assumption?

I felt like the guys who were part of the problem last season are gone, except for one. I won't name names, but I'm surprised he's still on the team. You can probably figure it out of you pay attention. We just can't afford to have bad attitudes in the dugout. We need 3 or 4 true leaders to keep everyone on their toes.

Backwoodsdawg
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Are you saying we still have some cancers in the clubhouse or are you just making a safe assumption?

I felt like the guys who were part of the problem last season are gone, except for one. I won't name names, but I'm surprised he's still on the team. You can probably figure it out of you pay attention. We just can't afford to have bad attitudes in the dugout. We need 3 or 4 true leaders to keep everyone on their toes.

No I'm not saying that cancers still roam the dugout! There may be a few with strep throat mulling around in there still but nothing as bad as cancer. The few that have a small case of the whatever's can be cured with a big slice of humble pie!!! That's what having a little depth does, it makes that pie taste sooooo good you keep your mouth shut and just go play! Which in turn helps the overall big picture and team moral is good. From what I'm hearing things are all good for now!